A1cronick's 1st Grow - MarsII LED 1200 T5 - Coco - Air Pots

your brave to post your first ever grow, my first journal was my 4th or 5th grow, your doing fine and led is on the threshhold of major acceptance several led companies are proving led can do better than hid,and logically it makes sense led has science on its side, and alot of room to improve the tech can only get better where hid is at the max of its outer limits, i think the last 3 brands i have tested have tech as good if not better yielding and the quality is hands down better than when i was a die hard hps for flower guy, but even then i knew led would one day be better than the hps i so loved, time and advancement in tech was the only holdback,
your on the right path dont let anyone shake your evolving abilities your doing so much better than i was on my first cfl hempy 2 liter closet journal :rocker: (no sarcasm):peace::high-five::Namaste:

i am sorry i have not added any updates i have been quite busy with life but the ladies are looking lovely buds are very frosty and fat

not sure if i should put some pics up or just wait the two weeks till i start to harvest
also went to the compassion center bought some meds i asked about seeds they sell 10 for $110 i said i would pass i bought a 1/4 oz og kush went home and in one bud but only one i found 7 mature seeds thanks for the free seeds i was so ecstatic so there will be a og kush grow in the near future

hey every one i got some sweet update pics of both tents and pics of the flower tent with the lights off let me know what you think

here is the veg tent
20140402_100148.jpg
20140402_095503.jpg

burmese kush and 1024 veg tent
20140402_095509.jpg

here is a nice shot to show the quality of the nugs
20140402_095319.jpg

flower tent with lights out
20140402_095645.jpg
20140402_095656.jpg
20140402_100021.jpg
20140402_100015.jpg
20140402_095729.jpg
20140402_100027.jpg
20140402_100033.jpg

this last pic above is some train wreck i found a few seeds in last year
not the two fat nugs on the bottom of the screen the tall plant with popcorn buds
this one is not getting harvested until june

ooo yea i almost forgot to post dry pics of that plant i picked two weeks ago one thing i will never do again is pick a plant early without flushing throughly i jumped the gun and the weed is a little harsh when smoked i believe due to no flush and premee harvest i dont really like the buds and thats y i still have some two weeks after harvest now i see 1st hand y so much weed on the street is harsh and smells like grass is due to poor or no flush and a lot of premature harvests well i did learn from picking that plant early what to do and not to do when your almost ready to harvest

20140402_122505.jpg

any one with tips for harvest drying curing??? like leaving plant in dark for 48-72 hours-water curing stuff like that

please dont leave tips if you have not done it your self with good results

just looking for stuff that might give the end nugs a better edge any input will be put to good use if it worked well for you let me know

everything looks great! those buds are a little too green for me though :thumb:.

those buds are grown under led only? they are chunky for an led grow.

Looks like you got it all under control A1 :thumb:

With regards to drying/curing, I should not say, as most everything I grown since summer harvest I smoke before chance to cure, and still smells/taste good. but my fall outdoor harvest is still mostly sitting in mason jars after drying for 4-5 days in fall, I burped them every now and then but not touched in months, every now and then I peak in and they seem fine.

should they not bee so green?? i know what your saying i dont like dark green nugs either i like me some lime green buds
i think when i start to flush they will lighten up in color if you have any advice feel free

Hmm looks like you are almost done though. Never seen you post around so I didnt have the chance to subscribe earlier. Harvesting that one plant with the single nanner was a no no. I mean I can understand why you did it. You saw something out of the ordinary and overreacted. It happens but seeds take time to develop and mature and if you pull every single plant early that has a nanner then your gonna be cutting down many plants short if you intend to grow for a few years . In those last few weeks the plants flowers double and triple because each bud is a collection of hundreds even thousands of individual flowers. You are doing a admirable job. I didnt have the luxury of starting off with a led or mylar or even any additional nutes besides what was in the soil. So you are ahead in that regard. I tend to harvest perhaps a week before they are half amber because I prefer a creative,energetic high vs a couch lock type of high. Try not to harvest the whole plant all at once because those lower buds wont be as ready as the colas up top. Forget the haters because in the end these are your plants and not theirs and so you can do what you like but it is always a good idea to take advice from those who have been there before or those with more experience. So good job and keep learning. You are doing well. Take care

thanks joe for all the input i would have never cut the top buds 1st i would have chopped the whole plant at once any thing that will make my buds better even a small improvement i will apply it even if its 3 or 4 small improvements add them up that makes a big difference thanks

a 7-14 day flush will help speed up the cure and turn them a lighter tint of green.

Hi A1Cronick :ciao: Your plants are looking great :thumb:

I second Joe on snipping the main bud and tops first, then leaving the rest for a couple of weeks.

You can cut right back on the nutrients now, starting a flush, like b.real said, 7-14 days before you want to harvest the tops.

Give her some more nutrients after you do your 1st chop, then just water after that until your final harvest.

:Namaste:

Holy sexy midgets those are looking good A1. I just posted 5 new pictures of mine feel free to come take a look.

ooo yea i almost forgot to post dry pics of that plant i picked two weeks ago one thing i will never do again is pick a plant early without flushing throughly i jumped the gun and the weed is a little harsh when smoked i believe due to no flush and premee harvest i dont really like the buds and thats y i still have some two weeks after harvest now i see 1st hand y so much weed on the street is harsh and smells like grass is due to poor or no flush and a lot of premature harvests well i did learn from picking that plant early what to do and not to do when your almost ready to harvest

20140402_122505.jpg

any one with tips for harvest drying curing??? like leaving plant in dark for 48-72 hours-water curing stuff like that

please dont leave tips if you have not done it your self with good results

just looking for stuff that might give the end nugs a better edge any input will be put to good use if it worked well for you let me know

Hey a1 I've done flush with floral keen at the start of the last two weeks. Then after that no more anything but pure water. I also do 48 hours of darkness right before harvest so the plants can eat some of the sugars then a 4-6 day dry on a rack and then cure in 5gallon buckets with lids or mason jars depending on the harvest yield. This time around I am going to be trying bud washing this time.

Back
Top Bottom