1st Grow - Blue Treacle Auto - 250W MH/HPS - Coco

Thanks Mono!
Im really happy with my first grow!
Now i just wonder what the yield will be, I'm not setting the bar high.

I hope everyone had a great xmas and new year!!!!!
I've been super busy and trying to stay away from technology a bit but nows time for some pictures!
I will post a proper update this weekend for sure as Friday will be the 8 week mark.
They are both putting on weight now and smelling like a bag of sweets!!
Ive had slight issues with dry spots on leaves but it cleared up and hasn't got any worse since introducing some CalMag.
These Pictures are from the last post up to a couple of days ago, (They may be mixed and not in order)
the cola on the second plant has been tied down and is out of view in these pics.
photo_1379.JPG
photo_1016.JPG
photo_11103.JPG
photo_12100.JPG
photo_1379.JPG
photo_1413.JPG
photo_1517.JPG
photo_1612.JPG
photo_1714.JPG
photo_1812.JPG
photo_1911.JPG
photo_2010.JPG
photo_2326.JPG
photo_3260.JPG
photo_4207.JPG
photo_5135.JPG
photo_620.JPG
photo_718.JPG
photo_820.JPG
photo_94.JPG

The order of the pictures is mixed up but i will post at weekend away from HPS for a good idea on how there doing.
:thumb:

why would they say 8 weeks if it reaaaallly isn't 8 weeks!
8 weeks today and i wouldn't dream of chopping them down, i can see its way too early...Patience sure is a virtue.
:trance:

why would they say 8 weeks if it reaaaallly isn't 8 weeks!
8 weeks today and i wouldn't dream of chopping them down, i can see its way too early...Patience sure is a virtue.
:trance:

I learnt yesterday that breeders state 8 weeks from seed for auto's as that is when there is a viable amount of cannabis on the plants. Realistically, you are looking at closer to 12 weeks from seed, possibly more for good buds.

LOL, if thats the case which i have seen everyone stating, why would anyone grow an auto?
I can't understand the benefits if your potency and yield isn't as good as photo?
Also size couldn't be a reason as size is easily controlled.. Strange the more i read about Auto, seem like a gimmick.

LOL, if thats the case which i have seen everyone stating, why would anyone grow an auto?
I can't understand the benefits if your potency and yield isn't as good as photo?
Also size couldn't be a reason as size is easily controlled.. Strange the more i read about Auto, seem like a gimmick.

Auto's can rival photo-period plants in yield and potency. It just takes pretty much the same amount of time and training, auto's do not speed up the process between seed and bud. However, they do have their place... For example

While I was vegging my photo plants, I was aware I was running out of weed. Rather than short on the veg time and flower early, I could throw some auto's in on 18/6 or 24/0 and produce good bud, along with veging other plants ;)

They also take some confusing factors out for new growers. Essentially all an auto needs is germinated and planted, then left on 18/6, watered then harvested. Don't get much easier than that.

I dare say if one grew a very stable auto strain such as low riders which have been around for years, the results would be much better. Unfortunately, auto's are pretty new on the scene, so a lot more work needs to be done.

I learnt yesterday that breeders state 8 weeks from seed for auto's as that is when there is a viable amount of cannabis on the plants. Realistically, you are looking at closer to 12 weeks from seed, possibly more for good buds.

They say eight weeks because they get one out of hundreds or thousands that finished 8 weeks once. lol :biglaugh:

9 Weeks Today and there looking ready to be smoked soooooon!
One is slightly ahead than the other for some reason...
photo_1384.JPG
photo_5141.JPG
photo_4213.JPG
photo_2331.JPG
photo_3264.JPG

Slight heat stress has turned some fan leaves dry
... but its nothing I'm massively worried about so near to the end!
:)

Thanks Mono!
I was thinking of dropping to half nutes for this week then PH's water for the week after.
As I've read so much on flushing Coco i will have to make a decision soon!!

coming along nicely. I would flush with pure water :thumb:

good call on the heat stress, that's exactly what that is.

Hey Berri!

I can see your ladies are doing very well.

But in fairness to Autos, I have just got back after my ladies have been dryed for a week or two, and they are wonderful.

they were (as you maybe seen) finished slightly earlier than the 70 days - (67 I think from memory) but I measured their dry weight today and it is just under 50 grammes. That is not bad for something that goes from start to end in such quick time with so little input - and your ladies have had much better lives than mine so they should do properly well.

There is a place for Autos, Dinafem told me 65 to 70 days, and I harvested weed from them in that time. I dont think I could go much much longer, because they had no leaves left for photosynthesising, but I still think the product was very good.

If I smoke the weed we made, it gets me as high as most weed I know, and far far more so than street stuff. (I was in capital last week, and somebody offered me a bag of what was not much more than seed and stem, with a whispered, 30 Euro - I wanted to give him a bag of ours back as an answer!

Its all going to be great, a week or so isn't long :)

xx

Onyx not a big producer but but not mediocre and the most potent auto I'm had so far. strong skunk smell

Thanks for your input guys, id be lost without the help of the 420 family!
:thumb:
I have read through your diary Cerdito and it was great!
Did you say you pulled 50 Dry grams!
Ive been setting my expectations loooow so not to upset myself when i take it to the scales! lol
I find growing as big if not more of a love than smoking the product!
Ive been smoking for 10 years now, 7 years medically, never had any pets or children so i guess the fact they depend on me drives me in a way i haven't felt before!
Also being possibly one of the most impacient beings on earth i am blown away i have managed to raise 2 girls with the mind state of smoking after 8 weeks, not then knowing i will get better results if i leave for 11-12 weeks. i would normally just have chopped them early...
I find myself relaxed at the fact in a few weeks i will be smoking some dank and i am happy to wait...Thats really not me! hahaha

I will be here for a good long while now i can assure you of that, with the mind state to perfect the craft.:allgood:
:Namaste:

To be honest I'm really happy with what i see and will stick with Autos for a few more grows, i do plan to switch eventually!
Some Auto strains that have already caught my eye so ill have to have a go.:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom