Maccars 1st Journal - Hericules Fem 250W HPS - Hydro - Closet - Smartpot - SCROG

Re: Maccars 1st Journal. Hericules Fem, 250w HPS, Hydro, Closet, Smartpot, SCROG

Update day 36 from seed. Day 1 of flower.

Well ive flicked the lights over to 12/12 so fingers crossed the next 9-10 weeks are fruitfull. Today when i flicked the switch the plants were 7" from the screen and 16" from the globe. The 250w HPS is in now for flower and ill be keeping a close eye on temps to see if i need to upgrade ventilation. Im not sure if ive done this right with the screen...... i dont know if people normally have them up to the screen when they flick the switch. Either way its all a learning curve for me so i guess ill see what happens.

IMG_0363_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0362_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0365_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0367_1280x956_.jpg

Re: Maccars 1st Journal. Hericules Fem, 250w HPS, Hydro, Closet, Smartpot, SCROG

Looking very good!! This will be interesting, wonder :hmmmm: how long til they hit the screen! Oh the anticipation!!!:yahoo:

Maccar she looks good I'm in on this grow I just swicthed my girls to 12/12 also.

Update day 8 of flower.

Bad week here. The plants started showing signs of a Nitrogen deficency. I was unprepared and underskilled as to what to do next. The following pictures dont do it justice, it actually looked alot worse than the pictures show.

IMG_0370_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0371_1280x956_.jpg

So instead of adding chemicals to raise the Nitrogen i have decided to do a flush first. Tonight i flushed 16 gallons of Ph 5.5 water through the medium and also removed all the dead and damaged folage.
Here she is after the haircut.

IMG_0376_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0375_1280x956_.jpg

A few other possible problems i have eliminated are.
Reservoir Temperature is maintaining at 73-74
Reservoir Ph is at 6.1
Max cabinet temp is 86 lights on and about 75 lights off, i know this lights on temp is a little over optimum but i wouldnt have thought it could have caused a problem. I have also just tonight bought a cooltube and a small inlet fan to help drop this temp.
The cabinet has had humidity spikes the last few days because of an odd weather pattern we are having here at the moment. The humidity normally sits around 35% but in the last few days it has been getting as high as 55% because of stormy weather.
Growth has been minimal this week because of the nutrient problem and im hoping it was just a simple case of nutrient lock and im back up to speed soon.

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated.

Update day 76 of flower!!!
Ok well im back............... lost the net for a while there and had to go away for a while as well. At the last update i was having some real troubles with some sort of deficiency i thought. Well anyway i flushed and it seemed to slow down the yellowing. My local hydro shop guy told me to persist with the nutes because he only ever gets good reports from them. So i just kept her going, although i was going to rip her and start again. She continued on her way very very slowly. The only thing differnt on this grow from the last is that i removed the fan i had moving the air around in there. My theory was that because i had made bigger inlet holes and the air was drawn into the cabinet from the holes just below the plant line and removed via the exaust fan up top that fresh air would be constantly circulating the plant right????? Well turns out im a idiot and there was definatly not enough air moving around the plant without the fan. Three weeks ago the plant looked miserable, popcorn everywhere and very little frost. Now after i added the fan she has gone nuts. As you can see by the pics the whole scrog idea was a waste of time because she didnt even get there in height because of stunted growth due to the idiot looking after her. One main cola has come throught the screen and is quite large, but still a bit airy. There is still very few cloudy trics so i think she may still have 1-2 weeks in her. That would blow her out to 13wks flower! Normal for this strain is 9-10wks. Frost is good now and shes very sticky and smelly. Im hoping potency is not affected but i might be dreaming there. So all in all ive got myself a stunted little girl whos running late but its been a gr8 learning curve. Nets all fixed here now so ill keep posting updates until shes finished.

IMG_0715_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0712_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0716_1280x956_.jpg

Ok so Harvest is done, ive not done a good job of maintaining a Journal but at least im going to manage to get results up.
Two weeks ago my 250w hps decided to shit itself so i threw the led and two 48w 3000k cfl's in there to finish her off. One thing i noticed is within a few days of the led being back in there the frost went nuts. This sorta corelates to Setting Sun's last comparison grow results where the LED frosted up alot more than the HPS.
I chopped the girl when she had roughly 10% amber trics and about 50% amber pistils. I got fed up with waiting so down she came so i can get some meds and also so i can get going on the next project. I wonder if anyone could give me some insight on how much longer she woulda taken and also how much yeild i might have lost by not holding out to 50% amber trics????
Anyway im happy with the results being that the grow was so close to being a chop. Not sure what to expect weight wise, ill be back in a week or so to put up dry weights and smoke report. Enough yap yap heres the pics....... Hope you like the main cola i was fairly impressed :Rasta:

IMG_0761_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0762_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0764_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0769_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0771_1280x956_.jpg

IMG_0782_1280x956_.jpg

Ok well time to wrap this "atempt" up.
Total Dry weight ended up being 83.9gr so just shy of 3oz. Like i said at the start i was hoping for 5oz and ill try again to achieve this. The smoke is very smooth and kicks nice with only 2 or 3 pipes needed for a full night of pure pain free fun. I pushed it the other night and had a few more than required and found myself laughing like a teenager and randomly eating all the snacks i could find. It takes good smoke to make me giggle so this Sannies strain gets a 8.5 out of ten for me.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'm moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom