Blue281's Perfect Sun Coco Grow Journal

Day 30

Since the blueberry has gone into flowering it's growth has really accelerated. Also since changing to a hydro style grow the growth has been allot faster. Every day looking at them both you can tell the difference. I've had to do some more LSTing on the blueberry to prevent her from outgrowing the tent. As for the Gorrila Glue it's stayed short but it's getting very bushy.

IMG_088333.JPG

Day 31

Just check on the girls and both of there pots had fully dried out. So I've added a third feeding onto the timer so they will now be fed at 7am, 1pm and 7pm. After yesterday LSTing the blueberry has reacted well and has turned its top nodes back towards the light. Also I've noticed the first few pistils on the gorilla glue, a week later into flowering than the blueberry but she will catch up. Some of the leaves are bigger than my hands never seen such massive growth! :D

IMG_088538.JPG

Day 33

My zero filter finally turned up today :D. Zero filter is a home filtration container you normally store in your fridge giving you 0ppm water to drink. So I spent today emptying and cleaning my reservoir, which was then re topped back up with 0 ppm water. This took some time as the zero filter is slow and I had to do 25 litres. I then added AN micro, grow, bloom, big bud and CalMag until I had a feed solution sat at 900 ppm.

IMG_088735.JPG

Day 36
I just want to say OMG growing in coco with this drip system is crazy the plants are way bigger than ever before this early in in there grow and they are still growing without a hiccup. My one and only problem is they are growing too well. The light is 12" from plants somehow they aren't burning and are actually praying to the light. Also I have only got 10" left above the light so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about space unless these girls can stop growing upwards for me.

IMG_089435.JPG

IMG_089540.JPG

I agree. I grew in soil for while, then dwc then tried coco about 4 years ago and it fits me perfectly. I've noticed every media has its advantages and disadvantages but the advantages of coco work best for me too. It did take me a while to get it right though. My problem was I was still treating coco like it was soil and that doesn't have the best outcome.

Blue your plants look great. As far as your possible upcoming vertical clearance issues, do you have the horizontal room to tie a few of the tallest limbs down?

I don't have any more horizontal room both plants have used up all there space as they are so bushy. I may still have to tie her down I'll just keep going until I fully run out of height and then have to figure something out. LEDRF recommended that I tie them to the outside as the light isn't as powerful as will be able to get closer.

Back
Top Bottom