First Ever Grow - Auto White Widow x Auto Candy Cane

Thanks man, yea soil was little dry, i was hoping my calmag would come today so i was holding off till the mail run to water, still didn't come guess i will add it in on next watering
Hell yeah man. I had forgot my cal mag too but it came in yesterday. I'm hoping to maybe transplant mine from the jiffy pellets to their final home Tom. They shot up like crazy while I was gone to work. Might do a quarter of nutes too

420-magazine-mobile568274038.jpg

So I come home today to this, so fucking excited haha. When should I transplant these into their final 5 gal bucket ?

You may find transplanting from such small pellets into 5gal pots maybe over kill.. watering etc becomes messy and harder to know what the plant needs down to the fact there is so little root for so much medium.. Might be worth doing what i do.. pot up to a 1 gal pot. Veg for 4 weeks and pot up to the final pot. Gives better control over the feedings.

You may find transplanting from such small pellets into 5gal pots maybe over kill.. watering etc becomes messy and harder to know what the plant needs down to the fact there is so little root for so much medium.. Might be worth doing what i do.. pot up to a 1 gal pot. Veg for 4 weeks and pot up to the final pot. Gives better control over the feedings.
Think that is better than into solo cup and then 5 gal. I meant to get 3 gal pots but ordered the wrong ones lol

Hey man, stopping in again to check things out. Glad to see ya got some healthy babies popping up!

Once there is roots shooting out of the peat pellet, plant into the 5 gallon containers, completely skip the solo cups because an autoflower only has such a long veg time (2-4 weeks most times).. If you have to do a transplant in between you risk stressing the plant and it may not grow for a couple days. Since you started in peat pellets this is the simplest method, just don't overdo it with the water and spread it around the outside edges, not directly at the peat pellet, this will help get the roots growing and searching for their water.

That's what I would do anyways, not saying you have to ^^^ I go from solo cup to final container but only because I start everything in a solo cup or a bit bigger container and transplant at 2 weeks generally.

As for nutes I would wait until they have established the first 2 nodes some, closer to 2 weeks old. The cotyledon leaves store enough energy to keep a plant going a couple of weeks without added nutes. Again, that is my preference. 1/4 strength shouldn't hurt them but ya don't want to overdo it either :)

Looking great otherwise and like I said, once you see roots coming out of them peat pellets get em planted. That way you don't risk the roots getting to much light or getting rotted.

Great info Zoot, as well as one of your previous posts to this thread! BUT, these are autoflowering strains my friend :) They will likely flower in 3 or 4 weeks.

Hey man, stopping in again to check things out. Glad to see ya got some healthy babies popping up!

Once there is roots shooting out of the peat pellet, plant into the 5 gallon containers, completely skip the solo cups because an autoflower only has such a long veg time (2-4 weeks most times).. If you have to do a transplant in between you risk stressing the plant and it may not grow for a couple days. Since you started in peat pellets this is the simplest method, just don't overdo it with the water and spread it around the outside edges, not directly at the peat pellet, this will help get the roots growing and searching for their water.

That's what I would do anyways, not saying you have to ^^^ I go from solo cup to final container but only because I start everything in a solo cup or a bit bigger container and transplant at 2 weeks generally.

As for nutes I would wait until they have established the first 2 nodes some, closer to 2 weeks old. The cotyledon leaves store enough energy to keep a plant going a couple of weeks without added nutes. Again, that is my preference. 1/4 strength shouldn't hurt them but ya don't want to overdo it either :)

Looking great otherwise and like I said, once you see roots coming out of them peat pellets get em planted. That way you don't risk the roots getting to much light or getting rotted.
420-magazine-mobile695046112.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1638784776.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2066719230.jpg

Hey man you have no idea how much you have helped already haha. I really appreciate it. I got them moved over the roots were out of the bottom already and hope I treated them delicate enough. I then proceeded to cut slits down the mesh bc I heard roots can get tangled in them. After that I took your advice and only watered around the edges. So if you have anymore constructive criticisms I'm open ears lol

Hey man you have no idea how much you have helped already haha. I really appreciate it. I got them moved over the roots were out of the bottom already and hope I treated them delicate enough. I then proceeded to cut slits down the mesh bc I heard roots can get tangled in them. After that I took your advice and only watered around the edges. So if you have anymore constructive criticisms I'm open ears lol

Not a problem! I have grown a few successful auto's and few crappy ones as well, I was also in the same position not long ago and with not much experience even growing inside, trying to mimic nature and auto strains were the quickest way to learn I found.

I hadn't heard that before about the peat pellets, learn something new every day. But like I said, I don't use them myself. They sure do make planting very easy though especially going into the final pot right away for an auto. Maybe I will grab some to use for my auto's from now on. I myself always like to get that root system established in a smaller container first and then move up, but may be a thing just for my photo girls now :)

Very good work though, just remember now not to water until the plants start to show signs of needing it. You will notice the droopy leaves once they grow a little more. If they are fairly perky then they shouldn't need water, you want them roots to grow and go searching for the water and establish a nice root system for the flowering period. As long as youd use a lot of water and saturate the grow medium you should be good :) May even be a week before they need water where they are still small.

My bad.. smoked too much last night.. guess I was on "auto" pilot haha go straight into the bigger ones then bro.. just be vigilant with feeding.. :)

Haha, I know what that's like some nights. My purple kush that I grew (and only have a little left) does the same thing to me :)

Not a problem! I have grown a few successful auto's and few crappy ones as well, I was also in the same position not long ago and with not much experience even growing inside, trying to mimic nature and auto strains were the quickest way to learn I found.

I hadn't heard that before about the peat pellets, learn something new every day. But like I said, I don't use them myself. They sure do make planting very easy though especially going into the final pot right away for an auto. Maybe I will grab some to use for my auto's from now on. I myself always like to get that root system established in a smaller container first and then move up, but may be a thing just for my photo girls now :)

Very good work though, just remember now not to water until the plants start to show signs of needing it. You will notice the droopy leaves once they grow a little more. If they are fairly perky then they shouldn't need water, you want them roots to grow and go searching for the water and establish a nice root system for the flowering period. As long as youd use a lot of water and saturate the grow medium you should be good :) May even be a week before they need water where they are still small.

Haha, I know what that's like some nights. My purple kush that I grew (and only have a little left) does the same thing to me :)
Hell yeah man I'm getting the hang of it. I noticed one has a growth stunt and another had a yellow tip so I lightly watered around the edges with a low dose of nutes and cal mag. I'm gonna let it dry good before I water again

Got a picture of this yellow tip? Is it on one of the true leaves or the cotyledons? Definitely let it dry up now before water again. Like I said before, the plants will tell you when they want water :) They will also tell you when you need to add more nutrients, more or less heat and light and whether or not there is an issue at the roots ( when leaf tips curl/claw and turn down) These plants will tell you everything once you watch them and learn what they are telling you. It takes a bit of time but you will get it for sure!

Got a picture of this yellow tip? Is it on one of the true leaves or the cotyledons? Definitely let it dry up now before water again. Like I said before, the plants will tell you when they want water :) They will also tell you when you need to add more nutrients, more or less heat and light and whether or not there is an issue at the roots ( when leaf tips curl/claw and turn down) These plants will tell you everything once you watch them and learn what they are telling you. It takes a bit of time but you will get it for sure!
Thanks for the help man they all look strong except this one candy cane. Idk if I touched the tap root on accident or not
420-magazine-mobile2025522220.jpg
420-magazine-mobile890792264.jpg
420-magazine-mobile334427037.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1109847094.jpg

Looking good man. I wouldn't worry about that lopsided one, it looks healthy. Just move some dirt up around that stem and get it standing up a bit straighter. Don't worry that the top of the plant will then be on an angle after you straighten it up, it will eventually turn and face the light again.

Looking good man. I wouldn't worry about that lopsided one, it looks healthy. Just move some dirt up around that stem and get it standing up a bit straighter. Don't worry that the top of the plant will then be on an angle after you straighten it up, it will eventually turn and face the light again.
Man you are a fucking life saver Hahaha. I've done so much research and put my money where my mouth is but now I'm scared and trying to not mess it up lol

Alright man all 3 of them are looking good, I pushed some dirt around that one like you advised. On one white widow a leaf is curling as I circled below and my one candy cane isn't growing at all. Any suggestions man?
420-magazine-mobile2113132229.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1653918604.jpg
420-magazine-mobile600543017.jpg
420-magazine-mobile671283980.jpg

Very good, that one is looking much better. You can cover your peat pellets right up if you want to, this way you can ensure no light is getting at those roots, they don't like the light. And if you ever have a plant that stretched out to much you can do the same, bury it up to just below the round cotyledon leaves. Over time, the area of stem that you covered up will likely start to grow more roots.

I wouldn't be to worried about that wavy leaf, my candy canes and amnesia hazes both did that I think, as well as some other plants. That first set of true leaves when only 1 fingered they tend to curl some in the middle like that. No issues there!

Now, your non growing candy cane... Is that the one picture with the yellow leaf tips?? Seems weird that it did that, you haven't fed any nutrients at all have you? or anything else in your water? What type of water are you using? Sorry for the questions but that will help me out some. It is also possible that it's just a crappy seed.. I had a couple from CropKing that have done this and wasn't sure why, thought it was me, and it likely was lol. Don't give up on it though if it's still green.

Very good, that one is looking much better. You can cover your peat pellets right up if you want to, this way you can ensure no light is getting at those roots, they don't like the light. And if you ever have a plant that stretched out to much you can do the same, bury it up to just below the round cotyledon leaves. Over time, the area of stem that you covered up will likely start to grow more roots.

I wouldn't be to worried about that wavy leaf, my candy canes and amnesia hazes both did that I think, as well as some other plants. That first set of true leaves when only 1 fingered they tend to curl some in the middle like that. No issues there!

Now, your non growing candy cane... Is that the one picture with the yellow leaf tips?? Seems weird that it did that, you haven't fed any nutrients at all have you? or anything else in your water? What type of water are you using? Sorry for the questions but that will help me out some. It is also possible that it's just a crappy seed.. I had a couple from CropKing that have done this and wasn't sure why, thought it was me, and it likely was lol. Don't give up on it though if it's still green.
I don't mind answering your questions at all man. You've helped tremendously lol. After the first week I left tap water out and then ph it. I added a 1/4 nutes but only one gallon between the 4 plants and I watered around the edges so roots would seek water. And none of it ran off. I did everything the same so idk why it's not growing and the other ones are growing great. Oh yes it is the tiny one with the yellow tip

Alright, first things first, no more nutes til they are at least 2 weeks old, usually 3 or 4 nodes showing. This little round cotyledons store enough nutrients and energy for the plant to live on for that long. The reason behind me saying that is I think this plant didn't like the nutrients yet, I assume this is because just the tips have gone crispy yellow, this is likely nute burn, it will always start at the very top of the leaves. As for it not growing, the nutes may have possibly shocked it. Give it a couple days to see what happens. If the yellowing is getting worse you could flush the dirt with plain ph'd water but this will also be a lot of water for a seedling and could drown it. So let's hold off on the flush if we can, but if it gets worse do it. Flush usually double the amount of the pot size, you have to see runoff.

Them candy cane seeds also have 2 different phenotypes, maybe you have 1 of each there and the one couldn't handle the nutes yet

Alright, first things first, no more nutes til they are at least 2 weeks old, usually 3 or 4 nodes showing. This little round cotyledons store enough nutrients and energy for the plant to live on for that long. The reason behind me saying that is I think this plant didn't like the nutrients yet, I assume this is because just the tips have gone crispy yellow, this is likely nute burn, it will always start at the very top of the leaves. As for it not growing, the nutes may have possibly shocked it. Give it a couple days to see what happens. If the yellowing is getting worse you could flush the dirt with plain ph'd water but this will also be a lot of water for a seedling and could drown it. So let's hold off on the flush if we can, but if it gets worse do it. Flush usually double the amount of the pot size, you have to see runoff.

Them candy cane seeds also have 2 different phenotypes, maybe you have 1 of each there and the one couldn't handle the nutes yet
I hope I can recover her lol. I debated on giving it any and read a few things about giving them after a week bc coco needs it. I won't any more till it's time . I didn't really think a 1/4 would have much of an effect but I'm still such a noob so bear with haha. I sure do appreciate the help tho. I'm all ears

I hope I can recover her lol. I debated on giving it any and read a few things about giving them after a week bc coco needs it. I won't any more till it's time . I didn't really think a 1/4 would have much of an effect but I'm still such a noob so bear with haha. I sure do appreciate the help tho. I'm all ears
When you say two different, like what kind of differences?

Back
Top Bottom