First Grow - At what point do I stop giving nutrients (pics)

NicoleL88

420 Member
Hey all,

Could anyone advise based on the pictures? 3 Critical AK AutoFems in their 7th week.

I've read you should stop two weeks before harvesting but since it's my first grow, I'm not sure how long it will be before they reach that stage.

20140413_215814.jpg

20140413_215659.jpg

No problem you're welome Nicole. Keep an eye on her and once most of the pistils are brown she's getting close. If you can, check the trichomes with a 30x-100x loupe or scope. The trichomes should be mostly cloudy/milky with a low percentage which have turned amber in color, I prefer no more than 25% amber. If you are growing for the CBD content then let your ladies go until the trichomes are mostly amber.

I agree with all that has been already said but welcome to :420:... My girls are 54 days in flower and I am just now stopping nutes. The loupe I use is 40x magnification and I paid less than $3 and that included shipping from Cramazon. I like my trichs at about 30% as I grow for muscle relaxant and pain relief so I like couch lock. It all comes down to preference but your girl doesn't look to be any where near ready so I would hold off a bit.... Hope it helps and if I can help in any way please just pop over to my journal in my signature and I wil do what I can and if I don't know the answer someone popping through certainly will....:circle-of-love:

Thanks all, I know to check the trichomes to see when to harvest but that still leaves me in the dark regards when to stop giving nutrients. Added more pictures! Plants need watering every second day now and smell awesome! As mentioned before these are autoflowering plants and it says they'll be ready to harvest about 80/90 days from seed, currently they're on day 51 so should I go by that? Do they look pretty ok in general?

20140414_201218.jpg

20140414_201305.jpg

20140414_201423.jpg

Thanks all, just looking for more feedback on how they look too. One of the plants has resin all over the bud leaves, smells amazing! Surely it doesnt have long left?

Your plants look beautiful! And to answer your question, yes, go by the 80 to 90 days the seed bank states. What nutes are you feeding them?

You have a minimum another month, more like 45 days, possibly even longer before you will need to cut out nutrients and flush. For example, here's a pic taken last night of a plant a bit further along than yours. I know from past experience that she still has around 45 days before I flush.

today_017.jpg

This plant is 1-2 weeks from harvest. See how the buds look fuller?

today_015.jpg

Some pics from a month or so back right before harvest.

plants49.jpg
grow_0582.jpg

Hi all,

Just to give an update, the plants are looking great, apart from the tips of a few leaves look burnt! I assume this is nutrient burn as the plants need watering every day and I didn't think to decrease the amount of nutrients.

I'll water them in about a half hour with the nutrient level halved, hoping that should help. I'll take a few pictures too.

I also wanted to ask if reducing the amount of hours of light they get would be harmful at this point (18 hours down to 15 hours on)? I only ask since they are autos.

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom