First Grow, Blue Dream ScroG, Soil/Hydro - Need Help

HopeZnDreaMz

I plan on a 2x4x5 closet tent with a 400w hid aircooled with an inline fan to vent out. Can't vent out a window, maybe a purifier outside of it?.

I will be attempting a 2 plant scrog while topping and stretching. Need a little help with nutrients and irrigation. I was thinking maybe a hydroponic DwC bucket? 2 seperate, or both in the same bucket?

Is Amazon the best place to order?

Also, I have never completed a grow . I attempted a few plants under a 125 CFL. No venting, bad lighting escape. I killed them by giving them to much of the wrong food. ;p. I have done much more reading, but still am not so sure on nutrients and irrigation being as I'm low on experience.

Are there nutrients that supply my strain more efficiently?

If this is your first grow, I would highly recommend a Hempy bucket. I don't know why they don't get mentioned much, but they are very simple, and have the benefits of both soil and hydro. It is a passive hydro setup, and you'll have much less trouble in a first grow than you would with DWC. It's also cheaper to set up. Once you get some experience under your belt, you could move to DWC. All you need is a bucket for each plant, some perlite (and vermiculite if desired), and nutrients.

As far as venting, you'll probably want to invest in a carbon filter, if odor is a concern. Place the filter in your tent and pull air through the carbon filter, then through your air cooled light, then out of your tent. This way you can vent into the room/elsewhere with little odor.

As for nutrients, any hydro nutrient pack should be fine. I use the 3-part General Hydroponics Flora series, because that's what my local hydro shop sells, and it's pretty much the average as far as nutrients go. Read around a little bit, and you'll see there are a ton to choose from. You can also order most brands online. Other than that, the only other thing you really need is a pH meter and your light. A TDS meter can be helpful too.

Read through some of the topics in this link, and it should answer a lot of your questions!
How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!

I am using a 2 x 4 x 5 tent with a 400w hps/mh. I was thinking 5 or 7 gal smart pot, but with 2 seeds should I do them I'm the same pot or seperate for a scrog? I was thinking FFOF Soil with FloraNova starting after 3 weeks... the air coming on the tent will be from the same air being vented out, as it's in the same room. I was thinking maybe an air purifier?

Back
Top Bottom