First Grow Ever - Auto DWC - All Opinions Welcome!

newbiegrow16

So, I've been wanting to grow for a while. Due to the legality and my paranoia, I wanted to keep it extremely small. I bought (more like wasted money on) a pre-built grow cabinet. I have never grown anything in my entire life.

Grow Space:

Converted cabinet - 13" deep, 1.5' wide, 4' tall
300W Mars Hydro LED
5 gallon black painted and then wrapped in black electrical tape reservoir
1x Intake bottom center- 110 CFM case fan
2x Exhaust top center- 110 CFM case fan
1x 6" oscillating fan

Strain:
Auto Dark Purple (from Herbies) - was a free seed

I have 1 plant going at the moment, with plans for 2 at the very most.

Seed was planted directly into half of a jiffy pellet, the jiffy pellet was then put into a net pot w/ hydroton around it.

Here she is the day she sprouted and dropped her shell:

9-8

9-8.jpg

Here she is today, 9/12:
9-12.jpg

9-122.jpg

As you can see she is drooping for an unknown reason. Temp is hovering at 90 degrees with humidity at 30%. I have a humidifier coming today and I don't know what to do about the temps. I don't see how it's running at 90, the inside of the box feels MUCH colder than that. There is a ton of airflow as well.

Res temp is at 75 and I am using ice bottles to keep it cool. If you have any suggestions or input on what I can be doing better, please don't hesitate to help out a newbie!

I don't know much about hydro, but the drooping could be the medium being to wet, constantly wet roots can kill your plant, I know for soil you have to let the medium dry before watering, not to sure how it works in hydro

Sent from my SM-G930F using 420

Since I cut the jiffy pellet in half, to prevent any bubbles from the reservoir reaching it and keeping it too moist, I wanted to top feed until the roots reach the res. I probably did overwater it when top watering for the first week.. but I haven't watered in days and now the roots are a few cm away from the res water itself. The roots are growing at an astounding rate. I figured it should be perked back up from the over-watering by now.

With DWC, the roots will be sitting the res (water) the entire grow :)

Thanks for the input.

Here she is today. Roots still growing great, should be hitting the water within 24h if they are not already barely touching it.

Any opinions on it? 5 days from sprout.

IMG_90712.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom