• Purple Maroc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Train wreck (next harvest)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barney

Hi all at 420, :420:

This is my first thread on 420, so I'll start with a little about my setup and my ethos on plant TLC:

Cabinet:

(L x W x H) 3 x 1 x 4 Feet

Ventilation:

6" exhaust fan; forced induction; fresh air drawn from open bottom-end of cabinet

Light:

600w HPS (red spectrum)

Grow medium:

multi-purpose compost (from seed)

1.3 gallons/ plant

Added nutrients:

Canna P/K 13/14 (2.5 ml/ litre)

Light schedule:

12/ 12 from seed; reduced over 9 weeks to 9/ 15

Temps:

80 - 90 daytime; 65 - 70 night time

Ethos:

"Less is more" - "a watched pot never boils" - "too much information will stunt your capacity for knowledge"

I carefully and systematically provide my plants with the TLC they need. Never complicate matters and always trust in your plants - their wisdom runs deep.

And now, for the lovely ladies I will be researching:

1x Chemdawg
1x OG Kush
2x Bubblegum
2x Ice
2x Blue Dream
1x Purple Maroc

(Pictures to follow)

:thumb:

Love to all at 420... Watch this space!

re: 600W Earth Grow - 12/12 From Seed - Chemdawg - Ice - Blue Dream & More

Some photos, as promised :peace:

The cab

image1835.jpg

The seedlings, 2 days after germination...

image1836.jpg

Deep Purple hues immediately coming through on the blue dream and purple Maroc... Lovely :Namaste:

image1834.jpg

The seedlings are dormant at the moment - "somebody" stepped on the ballast :bravo:

Would anybody tell me how I attach photos to a post please - without having to follow a link to see the image? :peace:

Thanks for the love!

I'll post pictures as soon as Fedex get around to delivering the new ballast.

Until then I'm running 32w of cfl round the clock to keep the girls going.

Til then!

All systems are back up and gunning. Talk is cheap. Photos ASAP...

+ after some hefty recommendations, I've now introduced (Durban Poison x Sweet Tooth) to the 'op;

I thought I may as well use the patch left by 1 of my 2 Chems who didn't germinate. I held out for the little dawg as long as could be.

Durban Sweet Tooth should substitute nicely. Should be suitable for hash farming and taste like Nepalese :love: *Dribble*

A photo after ~5 days in the dark (1 week after germination)

3 seedlings have suffered stretch, however all are healthy and loving the return of Mr HPS:

(I finally got the jist of posting pics!)

image2013.jpg

*NOTE* from here on in, I'll only be providing this thread an update at the end of every week, with photos. So no worries, this op is very much alive.

*UPDATE* the first of my speciality seeds has sprouted and it has been unofficially named: Durban Sweet Poison (a durban poison x sweet tooth IBL from an old friend) Today is Day 1 for DSP, all others are ~10 days old.

Love to the future, from Barney and co.

Seedlings are looking good Barney, I've had Durban poison ONCE.. and man oh man, probably one of my top 5 favorite bud now that I think back on it.. I'm used to seeing and smoking killer ganja now a days, but this stuff was incredibly stinky and kicked you in the ASS! Good choice on seedlings, liking your lineup you should have a nice little willy wonka mix in your jars in the upcoming months :laugh: can never go wrong with that!! After these little babies start growing, are you planning on moving them to a different location for them to start getting huge? And likewise, you planning on doing any training? I was able to get out in my back last night and super cropped all my 20 gal plants.. Will give them a few days and they will be bushy as heck! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods:thumb:

:peace: CA215

Yo CA, thanks, they were getting a little gangly without any light but sure are kicking into gear now!

Durban poison really is a killer, as is Sweet Tooth! I've bonged this hybrid I'm growing, and it's as good as gold. Better in fact.

I can't wait for all the different colours and smells, man. It's the first time I've grown such a variety. I wanted to research a few things with this operation - like Chemdawg vs OG Kush - Chemdawg being the major player behind OG genetics and all. I also wanted to try some pure sativa and pure indicas in the same environment (purple Maroc and ice vs bubblegum, respectively).

I will be keeping them in a single cabbage patch (1.3 G/ plant) throughout flowering. I have gated metal grids which I will use to SCROG the SOG, when the plants are taller. I won't be FIMing any of them. Instead I'll be pruning the leaves and growths that get left under the screen to maximise airflow and concentrate energy on the screened nodes. I often take to bending my plants in all kinds of directions to get em looking like bonsai trees, but this time I think I'll hold off til I can screen off some heads.

Thanks for stopping by! Foot brother from another foot mother :Namaste:

20 gallon pots... sound LOVELY. I'm more interested in short seasons, with multiple SOGs, as apposed to great big bushes worth 20 Oz each. It's just the way Barney rolls!

So I like posting pictures :)

Day 11

image2052.jpg

Yo CA, thanks, they were getting a little gangly without any light but sure are kicking into gear now!

Durban poison really is a killer, as is Sweet Tooth! I've bonged this hybrid I'm growing, and it's as good as gold. Better in fact.

I can't wait for all the different colours and smells, man. It's the first time I've grown such a variety. I wanted to research a few things with this operation - like Chemdawg vs OG Kush - Chemdawg being the major player behind OG genetics and all. I also wanted to try some pure sativa and pure indicas in the same environment (purple Maroc and ice vs bubblegum, respectively).

I will be keeping them in a single cabbage patch (1.3 G/ plant) throughout flowering. I have gated metal grids which I will use to SCROG the SOG, when the plants are taller. I won't be FIMing any of them. Instead I'll be pruning the leaves and growths that get left under the screen to maximise airflow and concentrate energy on the screened nodes. I often take to bending my plants in all kinds of directions to get em looking like bonsai trees, but this time I think I'll hold off til I can screen off some heads.

Thanks for stopping by! Foot brother from another foot mother :Namaste:

Sweet Tooth is amazing as well, your line up is freakin' killer the one I have really next to no personal knowledge is the Purple maroc.. sounds dangerous :laugh: is the purple maroc the pure indica? Will keep an eye on them indicas as I am a really big fan. Would like to find a good strain to start working with myself :Namaste: Your whole set up is starting to dawn on me I've been really in the clouds lately. Fim would just mess stuff up, stressing them in return reducing their time to grow yadayada, totally forgot you had a sog/scrog going on :) I really need to stop smoking so much in the morning, the bong tokes, they be getting to me :bong: :high-five: Looking good over here, man, I want some little ones again :laugh:

:peace: CA215

No way dude, if only I had the patience to produce stuff like your outdoors. That'd be sweeet!

Purple Maroc is pure sativa and it really shows! It's typically used to make squidgy black but I want it for it's bud!

The bubblegums are mostly indica.

My line-up is the product of overthinking - waaay overthinking. But thanks! I'm hoping for a rich variety, hopefully one to keep

:)

The only smart part of this operation at the moment is the cab; in such a small grow area, the obvious answer (if you stand firm by HPS) is to use a cool tube with an extractor pipe and inline fan.

I simplify by using a cabinet with certain aerodynamics properties which allow sufficient cooling, using just a cheap 6" fan.

So if anyone else is is poor and simple like me :) - I'll post a schematic of the cab soon... but probably later.

;)

Day 14

image2117.jpg

Here are some solutions to common cannabis problems -with charts - all courtesy of KingJohnC

We thank you for your contribution :Namaste:

"My plant is suffering what appears to be early signs of phosphorus and manganese deficiency, neither of which are lacking in or saturating the soil. PH is between 6.6 and 6.8.

It's worth mentioning I was foliar feeding with calcium-rich hard-water, which I have now stopped using and treated all the plants with distilled water and the symptoms haven't worsened as of yet.

Could you shed some light on the issue?"

"I would reduce the pH of the nutrient mixture you are feeding to 6.5. you may simply be locking out nutrients with too high of pH. i understand that high calcium can lock out Potassium (K) and Magnesium (Mg), but i am not positive this is your situation. humic and fulvic acid have been suggested to help break down high calcium and magnesium. i am not the best one to diagnose a hard water situation, but you may consider going with a micro formulation that is designed to work with hard water to compensate.
i would suggest a reverse osmosis system as a long term solution, i have purchased one myself."

Here is the General Hydroponics hard water micro formula, other company's may offer a similar product
:

Here is the reverse osmosis system i purchased but with a valve to prevent water from draining to waste unless water was being filtered, Ryan can assist you if you telephone him - sunflowersupplies.com

You may try to ask in the frequently asked questions section, you may receive a more complete answer.

PH chart for hydro and soil growing

pH_chart7.jpg

Deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom