First Grow in a 1/4 Century

Beautiful garden bro. Those ladies are looking awesome. I have a Sage and Kushage, so I'm interested in their growth and odor. You also have an OG right? I didn't see that on your initial list, or maybe I missed it. Was it from clone or seed? If from seed, who was the breeder? Your doing a helluva job for not growing in 25 years. No worries on the delayed posting. Life keeps us busy enough. Just keep up the good work. I'm following.

Thanks, Kannabis. In response to your questions, The Sage and Kushage both smell the same so far in veg, Light, slightly sour skunk aroma. Not to strong, but even a couple of my plants outside that have started budding don't have a real strong smell yet. I am good with that, i have stuff scattered all over the yard!! Lack of attention is fine with me. I thought I'd listed the OG kush at the start, but i did end up adding a few things later on. It is a clone, and it was bred/cloned by a grower in my collective. Don't know their name though, I've only met a few of the suppliers at this point, and my other grow journal, i am running 3 bubba kush skunk #1 crosses indoor under LED's. Those just went into pots on the 30th of July so a week ago.

I am sorting through outdoor and indoor picts right now for a big post update on both journals. I have at least 150 picts to sort through and see what i want to post up.

ok, latest grow update from Saturday 8-6. A fewof the girls are sort of pale, sometimes light makes them look worse than they are, little worried, because two of them are prestacking like crazy and they appear to be N2 deficient. They get 2 tbps cal-mag every 3 weeks and as of last week, 7-29 they are getting hit with my tea, (worm castings, N2 guano, sugar, molasses and RO water), 1 gal of tea with 1 gal RO water. And the water TA is 70 +/- 5, soil PH is still 6.3-6.4. I think that generally it's been a lack of N2, as the new growth is greener than the older growth right after i feed them their tea. I will take Digital SLR next trip and try to supply much better quality close up shots. Being able to be there only every other 3 days for a day makes it a bit harder to stay on top of since i see them on a tuesday, then not till friday's and then sat, and not till tuesdays again.

Picture time, by area once again:

my girls at bro's garden: Blackberry clone and Train Wreck #( which has surprised me as a sativa by going into bud already.

Trainwreckclone_1.JPG

TrainWreckclone_1budding.JPG

My 3 babies @ Sil's garden, GDP clone#1, the Whito rhino and a Nurkle clone.

GDPsilsclone_1.JPG

GDPwhiterhinocloneshanging.JPG

whiterhinoclone8-6-2011.JPG

whiterhinobudding8-6-2011.jpg

Nurkleclone.JPG

my better 1/2 hanging out with our dog in her sister's garden.
wifendoghangingwithrhino.jpg

Lastly, the home garden shots.
WW_21.JPG

WW_12.JPG

Trainwreckclone_2.JPG

THsage.jpg

THKushage.jpg

Purple_kush_budding.jpg

OGkushclone.JPG
LAconfclone_2.JPG

GDPclonePEcloneGDPseed.JPG

Hindu_Kush_revegging_from_indoor_flip.jpg

Hindu_Kush_flipped_indoors_and_kept_budding.jpg
hindukushbuds.jpg
Kushberry4.jpg
LAconfclone_1.JPG
Hindukushbudding.jpg
Kandykushclone.JPG

BlueWidowagain8-6-2011.JPG

BlueWidow8-6-2011.jpg

GDPclonePEcloneGDPseed8-6-2011.JPG

PEclonestackingpreflowers8-6-2011.jpg

Well that is enough shots for this week. I will have another post shortly with the RO waterings system i set up and my reservoirs for the tea and the RO water.

Wow is all I can say.. I'm in for the ride.. Beautiful plants, just beautiful.

:popcorn:

Thanks BioStub, and welcome. I don't get a lot of traffic cause i didn't start the thread off properly. It is nice to have a few visitors. And i will continue to post to the end and report the good and the bad.

One thing i can say for sure, after not doing this for 25 years... i really should have just picked up 6-8 plants of 3 different strains. I have like 13 or 14 and some definitely have different needs and they are not getting addressed properly. But it is a learning experience and i will for sure take my digital SLR and start using it to get much clearer and way better close up pictures in the future.

C dude, you have a great looking garden.:slide:

Wish I could grow outdoors in my county.

Looks like you will be well rewarded in a couple months.

:adore:

Thanks BioStub, and welcome. I don't get a lot of traffic cause i didn't start the thread off properly. It is nice to have a few visitors. And i will continue to post to the end and report the good and the bad.

One thing i can say for sure, after not doing this for 25 years... i really should have just picked up 6-8 plants of 3 different strains. I have like 13 or 14 and some definitely have different needs and they are not getting addressed properly. But it is a learning experience and i will for sure take my digital SLR and start using it to get much clearer and way better close up pictures in the future.

I'd say you haven't lost your touch after 25 years. I'm still new to growing so I couldn't tell if you had a problem LOL. but it don't look like it to me. :) I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Bio..

C dude, you have a great looking garden.:slide:

Wish I could grow outdoors in my county.

Looks like you will be well rewarded in a couple months.

:adore:

Thanks Lucky and welcome... yeah good ol' sunshine and humidity under 50% is a wonderful thing.

I'd say you haven't lost your touch after 25 years. I'm still new to growing so I couldn't tell if you had a problem LOL. but it don't look like it to me. :) I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Bio..

Not to rusty, but enough. Trying to keep things not to obvious for the neighbors has made things a bit stunted, that was the idea. Only being there a couple times a week from 225 miles away is a pain in the ass too....

Not to rusty, but enough. Trying to keep things not to obvious for the neighbors has made things a bit stunted, that was the idea. Only being there a couple times a week from 225 miles away is a pain in the ass too....

Yeah that neighbor thing can be a pain. 225 miles, man thats tough. I'd be worried sick half the time about my girls lol. At least you get to see real changes though. When you have them right next to you and check them 5 times a day it's hard to see changes.

well seems i have neglected this thread unknowingly. I thought i had done an update last time I updated the indoor journal. Guess not, so here is what is happening.

I have plants at all stages in development, flowering wise. with so many strains, its all different.

My White Rhino is 38 days into flowering so it should be done around the 20th of sept. Here are a couple of shots of her. Wish i'd thought to take a clone or two. It would have been great to plant a garden of this that would all be done 5-6 weeks before halloween next season.

8-28_Rhino_bud_close_up1.jpg

8-28_White_Rhino_38_days_flowering.JPG

Next is her sister, the Grand daddy purple. She just went into flowering about 2 weeks ago so she has till the middle of October or so, nature willing!

8-28_GDP_1_clone_13_days_flowering.JPG

Now to the under achievers in their little containers!!

First up are the White widows, doing well, really pale, but i haven't grown this before so i have been fumbling with the nute formula for these two.

8-28_WW_1_flowering1.JPG

8-28_WW_2_flowering.JPG

Now the Purple Kush, with yellowing leaves big time, and i did something completely different with these two as an experiment. I gave away the rest of my Roots ORganic 707 the other day. I will stick with FFOF or maybe try the Black Gold soil next time.

8-28_Purple_Jush_half_way.jpg

8-28_Purple_Kush_sugar.jpg

Next up is the Kushberry gang. They are about 10 days into flower now and they have some significant yellowing at the bottoms but otherwise look really nice.

8-28_Kushberry_1_.jpg

8-28_Kushberry_2.jpg

8-28_Kushberry_1_budding.jpg

Now the little Hindu Kush, this tiny one is about 2 weeks away tops, it went into bud after a 12/12 indoors for 9 days and never came out of it. The sister next to her did and filled out nicely, might even have a monster cola on her.

8-28_Lil_HIndu_Kush_2_baby.jpg

8-28_Hindu_Kush_2_bud.jpg

8-28_Hindu_Kush_1.jpg

8-28_Hindu_Kush_1_budding.jpg

Here is Blue Widow, hanging out all alone in the back corner. She also just went into flower in the past 10 days or so as well. She is my tallest plant at just under 6'.

8-28_Blue_Widow.jpg

8-28_Blue_Widow_budding.jpg

And the rest of the garden, here and there,Train Wreck, TH Sage, GDP's, a PE, Kandy Kush, La conf's and an OG kush.

8-28_Train_Wreck_2_budding.JPG

8-28_TH_Sage_flowering.jpg

8-28_GDP_seed_budding.JPG

8-28_Kandy_Kush_budding.jpg

8-28_LA_Conf_1_budding.JPG

8-28_OG_Kush_budding.JPG

8-28_LA_conf_2_budding.JPG

That is my update for now. Will have more after Labor Day, for both inside and out.

I guess you either really need to start this shit off right or you go completely un-noticed. I find it easier to get answers on other peeps threads than having someone respond here if they took a peek and saw the problem(s) and wanted to leave input on it. IT is still fun journaling and seeing where it started and where it is now 3 months later though. Anyhow, hope you all have a happy holiday weekend and talk to you next week.

WOW you got yourselfs some monsters there man! I would hate to be your friend during trimming time lol. Yellowing leaves useally mean Lack of N or lack of light. The bottoms leaves I would say are just shedding from lack of light/need but the upper ones are prob lack of N. Also you should probobly trim all the dead leafs. You dont want any reason to atract bugs/mold.

:thumb: Looknig good man keep it up

welcome Warpuppy. Yeah light is an issue everywhere. This was an outdoor stealth grow more or less. it is legal and all, just with neighbors( 5 on the back yard fence), i tried to keep things somewhat hidden and that meant partial sun for all but a few of the plants. I do think that after this long in containers that are only 5-10 gallons mostly (over 3 months now), that keeping up with the N2 has been a bitch. And i do need to trim and thin the bottom 1/3 of some more of them now too. Will do that after i work on the inside stuff. then outdoors for some fun and then washing me and the cloths again.

Looks great! Makes me wish I had some outdoors goin. It's gotta be tough to keep up with so many strains. Good luck with the nosy neighbors, had the cops show up at my house about a month ago because of the smell. My neighbor is a retired cop, must have really twisted his panties when he saw em leave empty handed. I smile and wave every time I see him now, cuz I know it was him that called the law. God, I love cali... :) And I would I say that the lack of posts in here is only because threads seem to fall off the front page after a day or two. Journals that are updated more frequently stay on the front page. Squeeky wheel gets the grease, or so they say...

Thanks Snub, and welcome. Yeah, all the neighbors on the back yard is a pain, but at least one of them has a card and their own things going too. I keep waiting for that to happen with the cops showing up. It's my first year doing this in ages, and the legal side of it being ok just hasn't sunk in yet. Still doesn't discount thieves and rip-offs as a real possibility.

Thanks Snub, and welcome. Yeah, all the neighbors on the back yard is a pain, but at least one of them has a card and their own things going too. I keep waiting for that to happen with the cops showing up. It's my first year doing this in ages, and the legal side of it being ok just hasn't sunk in yet. Still doesn't discount thieves and rip-offs as a real possibility.

Yeah, these days I worry more about a home invasion. We're now exhausting through a carbon filter and a uvonair lamp for exactly that reason.

yeah my exhaust for the room ac just goes through a window, but that is 125+ ft to anyones yard/home, i am still deciding on what i want to use for a filter from the big tent back into my room. I have time to worry about that still.

Man oh man Cryo cant wait to see some finished buds.

I know you said these are setup stealth like And because I have a few plants doing the same thing for the same reason I am really curious to how much direct sunlight they are getting? Is anyone getting more sunlight then the others and are the buds on that one noticble larger then the others?

Also what are you doing to try and keep bugs in check? Just sprays?

I think it was a good idea to do diff strains and have them finish at diffrent times. For personal growers the trimming is such a bitch its so much nicer to have them spread out a bit.

What kind oif dog do you have cryo? Looks like short red hair? maybe boxer or pit?

Man oh man Cryo cant wait to see some finished buds.

I know you said these are setup stealth like And because I have a few plants doing the same thing for the same reason I am really curious to how much direct sunlight they are getting? Is anyone getting more sunlight then the others and are the buds on that one noticble larger then the others?

Also what are you doing to try and keep bugs in check? Just sprays?

I think it was a good idea to do diff strains and have them finish at diffrent times. For personal growers the trimming is such a bitch its so much nicer to have them spread out a bit.

What kind oif dog do you have cryo? Looks like short red hair? maybe boxer or pit?

First, my dog.. great girl that she is. She is part Rhodesian Ridgeback, chow, a little pitbull.. something else.. she is a fireball..

Bugs haven't really been much of an issue. had a few spider mites on a couple.. will probably see more before it is done. I just used SNS 217 3 times over a 10-14 day period and most of it seemed to stop. I dumped some lady bugs a couple times too all over the place.. have them indoors too (lady bugs, not the mites.) I do everything inside first, then venture outside. If i have to go back in, i strip, shower, bag the old cloths and put on new stuff.

on the lighting, it seems that most of my plants only get like 5 hours a day direct light ( late morning to mid/later afternoon. They all get a couple of hours of indirect light too and ambient light. There are a few plants that get more like 8 hours of direct light and they are slightly bigger buds, but nothing has been going that long cept 2 really small plants, and they are doing awesome. I'll have to update that part in 2-3 weeks. i will be better able to see and feel a difference then. Since most everything outside just all started really flowering in the last 10 days or so they are all to small now to say much.

Back
Top Bottom