First Grow In Ten Years

jonathanfrost

i am in the middle of my sixth week of flowering. i just decided to take some pics and to share my experience thus far.

6 plants
genetics: low grade bunk
light: 1000w HPS
media: 80/20 coco coir/perlite in bags
current feed/water cycle: by hand once every 8 days
nutes: general organics
--followed the general organics nutrient schedule to the word except half nutes first three weeks and added a week of germination/seedling growth free of nutrients and an additional vegetative week. The General Organics Feed Chart | GrowGH Blog

the seeds from the bag produced a variety of unique plants. i have named them for identification throughout jounal.

thalmor a and b

DSC0005012.JPG

DSC0004114.JPG

thalmor a and b grew much taller than the other plants excluding khajit. they measure in height at 80cm. their flowers are heavily crystallized and very dense and sticky with a piney scent. the flowers along with those of bosmer's developed slower compared to the other plants.

bosmer

DSC0006017.JPG

bosmer bears characteristics similar to those of thalmor a and b however shorter measuring in height at 60cm.

khajit

DSC0004718.JPG

khajit is unique in that her smell reminds me of a combination of cat piss and nail polish remover. her flowers are light and fluffy. she measures in height at 80cm.

nord

DSC0001514.JPG

nord has matured faster than the other plants and may need to be cut earlier. her flowers are super dense and heavily crystallized with a light and subtle skunk scent. she measures 60cm in height.

dwemer

DSC0003514.JPG

dwemer is short at only 40cm with flowers similar to nord's.

Week 1 06MAR2012

seeded twenty plugs with bag seed. placed on warming mat in a dark area.

Week 2 13MAR2012

planted 10 seedlings in 2 gallons of media and placed under light at 18/6. introduced half measure of nutrients. water and feed once every three days.

Week 3 20MAR2012

seedlings erupted with growth and all measure over 9cm high. leaves are saggy as all plants now appear over watered. adjusted water and feed to once every four days.

later that week plants appeared very bad. sagging leaves with cupping and twisting. adjusted pH of nutrients solution to 5.9.

Week 4 27MAR2012

plants still look rough. increased to regular dose of nutes and fed.

Week 5 03APR2012

plants are nutrient burned. all plants display various nutrient lockout. reduced nute dose to half and fed. adjusted light cycle to 12/12. transplanted to 5 gallon bags of media.

Week 6 10APR2012

plants still appear burned. fed half dose once again. sexual organs beginning to develop.

Week 7 17APR2012

plants look much better. identified and killed four males. fed at half dose.

Week 8 24APR2012

plants look very healthy and have slowed down in vertical growth while producing small flowers. fed at 3/4 dose. found that media remained moist for seven days. adjusted feeding to once every eight days.

Week 9 01MAY2012

plants look healthy while continuing flowering. fed at 3/4 dose.

Week 10 08MAY2012

flowers exploding with growth. fed full dose of nutes. fan leaves turning yellow.

Week 11 15MAY2012

flowers still growing. fed full dose. fan leaves are continuing to yellow and some falling off when touched.

Week 12 22MAY2012

healthy. scent is beginning to become strong. fed full dose. fan leaves still falling off.

week 13 29MAY2012

healthy, blooming and luscious.

let me know what you think. i'll update this journey until the end of their lives.

Quit giving it nutes, or give it something to cancel whatever out. Youre giving it too much I think cause the leaves shouldnt be turning yellow

it is the end of week 13. i decided to water a day early. dwemer and nord will be harvested any day now. i expect the rest of them to catch up within a week. i gave each a full flush. the buds on dwemer and nord are amazingly dense. they're rock solid. i can feel that the rest of the ladies are beginning to tighten up as well especially their tops. they are all extremely dank and ripening well.

How long have they been flowering? you checking the trichs?

they've been flowering for 49 days. the trichs are looking damn close to 50% amber. they matured really fast. i'm not sure why. they're ready for cutting now, but they haven't yet been flushed. i'm giving them a couple days to metabolize all the nutes they can.

Looks good dude

thanks, bro. i'll let you know how it smokes. they're from a bag of low quality crap. i wanted to get a grip on the things that have changed since my last grow before moving onto so tangerine dream seeds i picked up. canna coir wasnt prominent 10 years ago and i remember soil free organic was just an article regarding a new technique in high times. so far so good.

Week 15

all of the girls are nutrient deficient. each sucked up her water like crazy this past week. their leaves are yellowing and some smaller leaves are beginning to fall off. their flowers seem to have nearly ceased growing. they are hardening up however and 50% or more of their pistils are orange. for most of the girls her trichs haven't yet begun to milk up. it's now day 54 of flowering. i don't know the flowering period of this strain, but i was shooting for 65 days. i hope i timed the nutrient cut off right, but i suspect i could've given them another dose of nutes. today i put another 10 gallons of tap water through each bag. dwemer and nord are still not yet ready to harvest. a few more days maybe. they are all looking incredibly tasty. i am very anxious and excited.

Week 16

sorry i didn't post sooner. been a busy week.

in the past week...

DSC000818.JPG

DSC000835.JPG

dwemer was harvested. she is now curing. i estimate she'll weigh 12g. not bad for such a small girl.

the girls have really slowed down their water uptake. probably wont be watering again. they are all dying. most of their leaves have fallen off. all of their triches are milky and will be harvested any day. i could've pushed them another week and fed them all one more time.

here are some updated pics.

DSC001007.JPG

DSC000897.JPG

top and bud from nord.

DSC000946.JPG

thalmor a's top.

DSC000867.JPG

khajit's top.

DSC000907.JPG

bosmer. notice how her top has nearly tripled in size from two weeks ago!

these plants are really crazy. from all coming from the same bag it amazes me how unique they are. not one of them shares close similarities with another. it's really cool!

thanks, guys.

chopped the rest of the girls just now. dwemer is curing and beginning to smell amazing!

here's a peek at their tops. you should be able to clearly see what i've been saying about them all being so different. their smells are as unique from one another as their looks...

DSC001068.JPG

nord

DSC001057.JPG

bosmer

DSC001046.JPG

thalmor a

DSC001027.JPG

khajit

DSC001018.JPG

thalmor b

they are hang drying now. will report any problems if any present otherwise i'll be closing this journal with my final entry in a few weeks when everything is smokable. i'll write a review of each.

DSC001109.JPG

nord

DSC001117.JPG

khajit

DSC001136.JPG

bosmer

DSC001148.JPG

thalmor a

DSC001155.JPG

thalmor b

DSC0011611.JPG

group shot

they're all dried out now. i put them in paper bags for curing. they took 5 days to dry. khajit has the most wonderful smell. she smells like vanilla and citrus.

Back
Top Bottom