First grow, leaves problem

Firstman

420 Member
Hi... A few days ago I noticed something strange happening on the leaves, they do not look normal. what's wrong ?

I'm using 250W HPS, COCO, A fifth week flowering

Would appreciate help

IMG_20190125_143542.jpg

:welcome: to the forum...

It`s hard to say what the problem is without more information. The suggested format is:

Strain:
# of Plants:
Growth Stage:
seedling, vegetative, flowering (include time in stage)
Grow Area Size:
Air Temperature:
(in the grow area)
Relative Humidity:
Ventilation:
Size of fans / airflow (cu m/hr or CFM)
Lights: MH, HPS, LED, (include power and manufacturer)
Grow Type: Soil, coco coir/perlite, hydroponics, etc
Medium: more details of the grow type (rockwool, expanded clay, etc.)
Pot / Bag / Bucket & Resevoir Size: in liters or US gal
Nutrients: manufacturer and series (ie: General Hydroponics Flora Trio)
Solution Temperature:
Solution PPM:
Solution pH:
Pests:

With the information given, I`m thinking too much heat.

As Old Salt suggests, more info will assist with a more accurate diagnosis.
With that being said and using the info provided I would guess that it's environment related. Heat or humidity. Could even be a lack in consistency in heat or humidity.

Info

Strain: G14 Auto
Plants: 1
Growth Stage: flowering (in 5 week)
Grow Area Size: 55*77*170
Air Temperature: (25/22)
Relative Humidity: 50
Lights: 250w HPS
Grow Type: Soil, coco coir
Pot / Bag / Bucket & Resevoir Size: 15 LITER SMART AIR
Solution pH: 5.6
Solution EC: 2000 micro simens

The temperature looks good. The humidity could be lower, but I had no problems like this with 60% humidity when growing Nightingale/ V.C.D.C.

I grow in coco/perlite and adjust my pH to 5.8 during veg, and 6.2 during flower. I'd wait for someone growing in soil or soil/coco to comment before making any changes.

Is that EC for the water draining from your pots, or what you use to feed the plants?

PPM = 1000 EC/2 = 1000 * 2000 /2 = 1,000,000
This seems extreme for your feeding solution, but I don't know for drainage.

I will wait for a coco expert to say for sure, but I stand by my original guess based on the picture and I believe that 2000 ec is a bit too hot for a 250w HPS grow.

I am using bionova coco nova a+b nutrition and now i understand... it start happening when i increase from 1800ec to 2000ec maybe a little more . it makes sense?

Are you using just the coco, or did you add potting soil of some kind?

I use General Hydroponics nutrients. For coco, the maximum TDS is 900. That's an EC of 1.8 µS/cm². From the values you gave I suspect your meter was reading TDS not EC. Most meters can show either of these values. If this is so, your plants are showing the first signs of nutrient burn, and you should cut back on the nutrients.

What a fool I am ... What can I do except flushing? can be recovered the leaves?
I'd water with a low concentration (25%) of the nutrients until they recover. I'm not a fan of flushing coco with pure water.

Back
Top Bottom