First grow, looking for insight.

Mike Stone

Hello all. I dropped 2 kaya gold seeds 16 days ago in a germ kit. 1 week ago I transfered to a grow cabinet and put them in 3 gal pots. I'm using fox farm OF and fox farm nutes. They are in a 2x2x6 cabinet under a 400 watt MH bulb dimmed to 50% with two 26 watt 6500k cfl's supplements. I have a passive air intake with a 180cfm fan for exhaust. The room temp stays at a constant 80deg F / 45% RH. They are watered every 2 days with nutes every other watering at 50% dosage. Feedback on how they look and if I'm missing anything would be greatly appreciated.

image21096.jpg
image21095.jpg
image21094.jpg
image21093.jpg
image21092.jpg

Turn it up. The ballast. Those plants look great. Careful about watering on a schedule and not by when the plant needs it. It can get routine, but don't fall into it over and over.

Are you finishing them in that box? Plans for training??

Nice job, I'd turn it up,,, unless there is a heat concern.

Do you think I should turn it up full blast? I'm not to concerned with heat, I just didn't want to blast them with too much light. Yeah I plan to finish them in the cabinet using super cropping and tie downs. But am definitely open to suggestions. The watering schedule has just worked out to every 2 days. I do a lift test to see if they're dried out before watering. Thanks for your advice.

No worries just my two cents in a world filled with money.

I would, entering your third week, yeah. At least go to 75%

I mean if not now, when? How long are you vegging them?

I planned on vegging them about 4 weeks depending on height. I wanted them to be atleast 12 inches tall before I switched to flowering. If I've been on a 24 hour light schedule, does it effect them to have the lights off for 2 hours while I change some things around?

No, they could probably use a break anyway. I ran my recent ones 24/7 for the first few weeks and then I slowly started giving them a break. I went 20/4 next. Everyone find what works for them.

When you flower are you going to a 400hps?

Yeah now I'm planning on boosting to full 400 watt HPS..so slowly starting to drop light time won't cause them to start flowering stage early? That's good to know.

Yeah, if you're going to the 400 hps and on full power,, then you should turn up the mh now. I would anyway,, that is a big lumen difference and the less you shock them, the better you'll be. You're already going to be messing with the amount of light they get,, forcing sexing. No sense in blasting them with the hps at the same time.

I try to make one change at a time to keep my girls happy.

They won't go to flower, or show sex until you give them 12 hours of darkness or more. Unless they are autos,, these aren't autos are they?

My current plan is to tomorrow switch to 75% on the ballast and run that for a week then up to 100% for a week before switching to 12/12 and HPS. I'm with you trying to minimize the shock on my girls. No they're not autos they're hybrid feminized.

Back
Top Bottom