First Grow - Purple Wreck - Tent/Soil Environment - CFL Lighting

SkiLLzNPhX

Hi and welcome to my First Grow Journal. I want all critisism as I enjoy learning from other people's experiences and/or knowledge. Feel free to be as helpful as you can or a complete dick, all is welcome!

Purple Wreck:
Indica Dominant
Female cloned on 11/26/13
Transplanted on 1/7/14 to a 3gal. (final home)

Growing Environment:
SunGro Enviro. Grow Tent
Dimensions:
4ft.x2ft.x5ft.

Grow Tent Goodies:
  • T5 Ho 48"x18" CFL 4 Bulbs (6500k @ 5000 lumens each)
  • 90cfm Exhaust fan
  • 17" Oscillating fan
  • Small Portable Humidifier
  • 8-plug electricity timer w/10ft. cord

Day 1
Temp - 72*-79*
Rh - 56%-59%
12hours light/tent & 12hours light/Tote <-Explained below

Important Notice: Please critisize if needed:
(I also have a homemade 50gal. tote bucket that I transformed into a indoor grow environment. It has a 6500k CFL Bulb producing 7000 lumens. Also attached is a 24" vertical CFL running an extra 700 lumens at 5000k. (there was room for it.) This bucket is used as an extra home for my plant for 12 hours a day, as I have 3 bag-seed plants/experiments flowering in a 12 hour on/off light schedule in my tent.
In Bucket:
Average Temperature: 88*
Average RH percentage: 45%
-This bucket has a 6" in diameter hole on top for hot air release, and a 5"x4" hole on the back bottom side for air intake ventilation.

I am a novice grower and these bag seed plants shown in the following pictures play the roll of my experimentation/learning curve cycle. Other than these 2, I have only read bits and pieces from a growing book. Any help will be utilized and appreciated!

Re: First grow, Purple Wreck, Tent/Soil Environment, CFL lighting

image6749.jpg

image6748.jpg

image6747.jpg

image6745.jpg

image6746.jpg

Here are pictures of my tent. I'm new and suck at uploading good pictures but here is what my set up looks like for the purple wreck strain clone.

Cool set up:) I'm sub'd up and along for the ride!

Welcome to the forum It's a great place full of knowledgeable people who are more than willing to help should you have a question or a problem.

As far as the pics go, I had some trouble at first too. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Hope that helps. Congratulations on your first grow and first journal! Have some Reps!

Thank you SweetLeef, I read all the info and got a bunch of new and improved photos uploaded! Hopefully these following pictures will show my set up and Purple Wreck with my organization.
image6757.jpg

image6758.jpg

image6759.jpg

image6749.jpg

image6745.jpg

image6762.jpg
this is the Purple Wreck
image6763.jpg
this one is my first bag seed plant and its in week 3 of 12/12

My soil is Fox Farm Ocean Forest, it is in a 2.5 gal bucket that I transplanted yesterday on 1/7/14.
I'll be using Pure Blend 3-2-4 Vegetative Formula for my veg and Pure Blend 1-4-5 Bloom and flower Formula for flowering.
Please ask any questions if I left something out, updates will be weekly!

Hey there and thanks for continuing to read my journal! I have made some small updates/improvements the past few days. I've cleaned things up a bit and made it more easy to operate for myself. The following pictures will describe the changes made.

161101.JPG
This is a picture from my window view (in closet), taken from my bed
16227.JPG
16227.JPG
Here is the only 2 plants I have currently in my tent. One is a bad seed plant(left), and the other is the Purple Wreck clone(right).
16623.JPG
Bag seed in 3rd week of 12/12.
16518.JPG
Another photo of my first plant ever! My experimental bag seed plant!
16822.JPG
Purple Wreck clone. Recieved in my hands on 1/14/14, was cloned on 11/26/13.
16320.JPG
Side by side
16918.JPG
On the top right side of my tent, I added ducting to my 90cfm fan and moved the fan to the top of the tent, instead of inside the vent hole as previously placed.
171100.JPG
With the changing of position for my fan and ducting, I can now vent the air out of my closet and into my bedroom. I have a baby gate securely fastened to the wall and the fan is zipped tied to that for precaution. The average temp. during the days in my tent went from 88* to 81* consistently with this new change. RH from 33% to 48% range.
image6745.jpg
I use a home humidifier 24/7 with the combination of my bedroom window being open. This allows my room temp to stay low and the humidity builds up in my clost, venting through my passive vents, and out the exhuast fan. I have come to learn this through trial and error in the preiouvsly few days. Hope this works!

I also added 2x 3000k @ 5000 lumens bulbs to go with 2x 6500k @ 5000 lumens bulbs.
Thanks for your time and add your thoughts!

Thanks for following Leef, I read through your journal. Impressive writing/voice in your journal, I like it. I just haven't figured out how to subscribe to journals yet!

Wow, thanks Skillz! That's really nice to hear. :)

There are two ways you can sub a journal, that I know about.

The easiest is just to comment. Just say hi to whoevers journal you want to sub to, and boom you're sub'd up.

The other way, is at the top of the thread, there is a drop down menu called Thread Tools. This will allow you to sub if you don't feel llike talking!

You room is looking great:) Looks like you are getting your temps and RH dialed in!

And the dames! Don't think I forgot the dames. They look very beautiful and quite happy with the adjustments!

Have some Reps, buddy. :thumb::high-five:

Keep em green!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom