First Soil CFL Grow

Ok i moved her out of my closet and put her in a box lined with foil on the inside. The lights are all they hanging vertically above her. Ventilation is still just a fan infront of the box where it opens, ofcourse there are light leaks.

She seems to be doing well despite the warmth in there. I can only feel it near the powerstrip in which the bulbs are plugged into.

here are some pics, i`m abit concerned about my lowest set of leaves curling down like that.

zz2.jpg

z19.jpg

continue sending me those good vibes guys :)

:peacetwo:

:( Bad news to report. In the desperate act of hiding this plant from my mother i ended up breaking the fan and one of my lights. The bulbs bulbs are plugged into a power strip and they keep slippping out, gravity i guess since its vertical.

Good news is the plant, Madea is fine. She was named Madea since i want her to grow up to be a strong black woman who will knock you out :)

well a green woman anyways :Rasta:

As long as the new growth is looking good, I wouldn't worry too much about the 1st set of leaves. They don't tend to be full 5 points and are usually the leaves that get shadowed and die off anyway. She seems to like the new setup and she's looking good. You might want to go to a thrift shop like goodwill to find a cheap clamp light. That would enable you to have options as far as light location. Or a desktop flex lamp or something. Just trying to give you some cheap alternatives so gravity doesn't end up killing your lady :grinjoint:

Hi Cannachris! Just read through your journal... sorry to hear about your other girls!
here are some pics, i`m abit concerned about my lowest set of leaves curling down like that.
Never underestimate the power of a good water pH tester! Young cannabis seedlings are sensitive to variations in pH and it is important to water with a pH between 6.5-7.0. If you want to keep "Madea" healthy, keep an eye on that pH and do not over fertilize.
:goodluck:

yo this is my kinda grow, i love diy type of shit, if you want check my journal out, i got a cab that i put together from a stereo cab, might give u come ideas..but yea check me out if u got time, i just started my second grow and things are lookin good..keep tryin and you will succeed...

and a couple things to help you out, i heard u shouldn't use foil because it gives off bad rays and its not good for the plants, you can go to like walmart or somethin like that and get whats called a fire blanket in like the fishing section, its real cheap and its like a silver plastic sheet, its almost like sulafane, you can take that and use it as a reflective material on the inside of you box, i think it like $5 or maybe even cheaper...i just figured i'de let u know that..

shit mines were smellin the first week they started growin, also alot of times if your grow room is hot it will definitely smell, and you'll see when its cooler you wont be able to smell it like you do when its hot. and yes it could be nute burn, its not light burn cause u dont even have it close enough to get light burn, are you ph'in your water?? if not thats most likely the reason, if its not that it could be the type of nutes your using, some nutes you really gotta read how to use them, because some nutes are too strong to use that early in veg. , trust me i know cause it happened to me, you could also take a look at my first journal, its got alot of good info that could prolly help you, hope i could help... keep tryin and you'll eventually get it...good luck bro.. :tokin:

my girl in the sun, i flushed her outside since i believe its nute burn. the yellow isnt seen on the plants thats just the sun i guess ;)

z24.jpg

DSC030041.JPG

Did you get a PH meter yet??
Check this out.

Quoted from Nutrient Disorder Problem Solver by Jackerspackle

1) If the problem affects only the bottom or middle of the plant go to #2. b) If it affects only the top of the plant or the growing tips, skip to #10. If the problem seems to affect the entire plant equally, skip to #6.

10) Leaves are yellow or white, but the veins are mostly green. >> Iron (Fe) deficiency.

Iron - Fe is unavailable to plants when the pH of the water or soil is too high. If deficient, lower the pH to about 6.5 (for rockwool, about 5.7), and check that you're not adding too much P, which can lock up Fe. Use iron that's chelated for maximum availability. Read your fertilizer's ingredients - chelated iron might read something like "iron EDTA". To much Fe without adding enough P can cause a P-deficiency.

cant find even the simplest ph meter here :( ive looked in every major plant store around here. Hopefully i`ll get one soon since a huge part of the leaves turned crispy and brown :( its still growing though

go to a pool store or go to a pet store and and they should have everything for ph, at the pet store they should have ph up and down for fish and shit, the pool store should definitely have ph test kits..

Back
Top Bottom