First Soil CFL Grow

Great ghetto setup. It's actually fairly simple to grow MJ, and I think going with a setup such as yours where you don't have to invest tons of money is a really good way to start. You've done a nice job with your found objects, very creative! I'm running a ghetto setup as well with my blue dream clones.

Disclaimer: I'm very much an amateur grower here, but I'll share what I've learned. First off, are you sure it's the light that's causing the discoloration? Think about it, CFLs (especially considering your lighting setup) are generally rather cool and it's only affecting one plant. Unless the bulbs are actually touching the leaves i have a feeling something else is going on.

You're right that the growth is looking abnormally slow, but by the look of it it still seems to be chugging along. It looks like maybe it could be a really simple fix here. For one thing, what soil are you using? My first grow was almost obliterated when i used the wrong miracle grow soil, gave my baby nute burns. This could be the problem, and might also be the reason for delayed growth. I used miracle grow organic soil (brownish bag with pics of veggies) and haven't had any issues with nute burns or deficiency so far.

I think you may also need more lighting.. although I'd think that what you have would be enough, the fact that they are still alive but not getting bigger could just be the fact that they can't thrive with that amount of light? Are you monitoring the room's temp and humidity?

I hope you can find what's going on and nurse them to health.

i think the discoloration is from nitrogen deficiency to tell the truth, there was a light burn from earlier in my grow when i had the bulbs really close and it did touch. I transplanted this also and it seemed to get better after i transplanted from those cups. I actually cant monitor the temp. humidity and pH for now. Unexpected hurdles in life now prevents me from buying stuff. I used some liquid fertilizer that i previously had for roses. I used like a quarter of the reccomended dose and continue to spray the leaves with it every day, just a spritz though. I just watered with this same mixture a little while ago.

ofcourse this is bag seed so i dont know anything about it. My friends planted bag seed in a pot and had it outside and it grew well but very slow. We always get 12 hrs sun and 12 hrs darkness btw, but my lights are on 24/7.

Could be ur seed. I had a seedling that just wouldn't grow no matter what I did ph'd water, flushed, nutes nothing seemed to help so I pulled it. Try flushing them with like a gallon of distilled water if u don't have a ph tester. Try to mist them with some water with like 1/2 tsp Epsom salt dissolved to help flush nutes. Seedlings usually do not need nutes for at least 2 weeks, givin yours has been a month maybe mute lock out. Not sure.

all i know of the soil is that its promix and its great for seedlings to plants, there arent any good supply stores near me. :(

Yeah I think a seedling that small shouldn't need any nutes at this point. What does your soil consist of? Any NPK content? Slow release nutes mixed in? You should stay away from nutes for a couple of weeks. Wait and watch ur baby she'll tell you what she needs. Over fertilization is a bitch to recover from, Not to mention the time u lose. As said above your soil should have enough nutrients. Try to get a PH tester u want your water PH correct around 5.7-6.3 so it doesn't lock any nutes that your plant needs. What water are you using?

i have them very close actually since they are CFLs and i`d like to keep the plant as short as posible. id say the lights are about 2 inches max above the plant.

added foil around the pot, positioned it just under the first leaves on the stem. stopped nutes and the plant seems to be growing. :) send good vibes guys its my only plant left.

w28.jpg

w19.jpg

Careful with foil bro. Since foil doesn't reflect light evenly it can concentrate beams of light and create "hot spots" and burn leaves. That's a good sign if you can notice there is still growth.

No advise to offer, but sending the requested good vibes. I sure hope your last plants make it out alive cc.:goodluck:

thanks for the good vibes guys I think its helping :slide:

heres pics for tonight everything seems to be going well.

z18.jpg

z22.jpg

when should i try to FIM? ive read various times but i`d like some personal feedback. Thanks guys, continue sending me those good vibes. :tokin:

agreed with KannabisKid, wait for FIM untill the coty's fall off. I wait to FIM until i have the 9 pionts.:Rasta: Good luck CC.:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom