First grow questions

rgvrules12

Hi 420mag peeps! I come here a lot! and thought it was time I registered and start my first DWC hydroponic system, thank you all in advance.

So I want to start a DWC system in my closet a small grow room, tent and all (with a budget). I'm going to ask questions hopefully I'm not just confusing people, im an amateur. As soon as I have all the materials I will start a grow journal I promise.
here's my guide online: growwedeasy with an extra e in there(comments)
of course I also read a lot of the guides online here on 420

I have already ordered my seeds via Nirvana (free 10 mystery seeds :D). The seeds are bubbleliciose -auto

Nirvana Bubblelicious was developed in the Midwest, U.S.A., then brought to the Netherlands in the 1990s to be further refined. Its plants grow vigorously and finish flowering in about 8 to 10 weeks. Bubblelicious is highly resinous and extra sweet. Certain phenotypes will actually display a distinct pink bubblegum scent and flavor. This strain of cannabis seeds is also very suitable for medical marijuana users.

anyone know if this is a good strain? And do you guys trust nirvanas shipping?

The Tent i ordered is 24x48x73, I'm hoping to grow 2-3 plants max.
tent78.JPG

As for an exhaust fan and carbon filter I was concerned, should I go with a 4 inch for a small setup( I save money ) or fork over for a 6 inch? Here are the ones I'm looking at:
fan35.JPG

any comments? On the size and the item I'm looking at?

LED lights so far I've ordered 1 300w hydromaster full spectrum I plan on buying more as my setup grows, since I'm on a budget I was hoping 1 is good enough for 2-3 plants, but if you think I need 2 for sure, then I'll get 2.
light44.JPG

Cheapest GOOD brand I can find. Opinions?

As for the DWC reservoir I'm going to use a grey storage container that you see in walmart for 5$ similar to this item
k2-_226f92a7-d017-49ce-a747-b0dcc4ffd704_v5.jpg

The air pump is also from walmart, I was wondering if this one is good enough?
k2-_c87bfe23-0c13-4253-885c-a5616ae68925_v1.jpg

As for the air stones, nets, plastic tubing, nutrients etc I'll get them in amazon or home depot.

Can I use full spectrum lights from start to finish? The strain I bought is an auto flowering so how long from start to finish do they normally take to be harvested?

I would say your off to a good start. You may need another light but if you aren't planning on them getting very big 1 should do fine. If its able to switch between the light spectrums you need for veg and flower I would take advantage of that. Plants are known to stretch more with a flower spectrum during veg. And as for your fan 4'' should be good. Your LED's shouldn't produce too much heat. I have 4'' 6'' and 8'' inline fans and 4 really does good work. And your air stone will be fine. If it gets more oxygen in the water it works. This is my advice but I may very well be incorrect about something. Hopefully more people chime in here to help out. Good luck :thumb: I look forward to seeing your journal. Good job by the way your definitely off to a good start. Putting a lot more thought into it than a lot of other people do before their first grow :goodjob:

Hi and welcome to 420 mag. Ill try and hit these in order.

I've grown out some bubblelicious auto, in small all pots with poor soil. Did well considering.

Never ordered seeds online

Tent looks good

I'd get the 6" fan, no need to upgrade when more light comes.

The light looks like my the first one I used, not the best but gets ok results. I upgraded to a marsll 400w. Best thing I ever did. Good price too. Look up smokesara on this site and she will do you a deal.

Never grown hydro so I can't help with this.

Yes you can use full spectrum always.

My bubblelicious went 80ish days, still got one going at 94 days today.

Good luck with your journey. You should consider a grow journal. I'll keep an eye out it

Sounds to me like you have every thing under control. I don't know how many pots you are using, I have 4. The air pump I use puts out 951 GPH, And it will make a difference. Not enough bubbles in the pot can cause slime, Root Rot. That is what happened to me. As for the fan, I think a 4 inch fan will be just fine. That's what I use, and it does the job quite well. What type of media do you plan to use? I use clay pebbles, they work pretty good. Keep us informed. Good Luck

I'd go with two plants, two by four feet grow space with a 300 LED is great for one, maybe two plants max.

I don't know much about your lights but I run LED's and can run full spectrum front to back. ymmv

Rest sounds good.

The plants grow much larger then you realize. Grow two awesome plants that have room, which you'll appreciate when you have arm looking colas. Trust me, most every grower over crowds. I do it in my tomato garden. I'm getting much better in my bloom room. Space, space for them, and, you, and gear, and, yeah,, two max is my input.

Best of luck!

Thank you for the pointers!! I'm going to do 2 plants then add a third one on the side once I get another 300W LED light. Would you say the tent is big enough to hold 3-4 in total plants with another 300w led = 2 300w LEDs

As for nutes I decided to go with HG flora series 32oz. That should be added 1/4 after the first week correct? Since my bubbleliciose is an auto do I need to use all three stages?
As for net size, is 3 inch a good size or 4 inch?

Thank you very much for the support 420s. My grow journal should start in a week once my setup is 100% complete. Keep you updated

First that's a weak fan, look for a 6in with around 250-400 cfm. With carbon scrubber that fan won't work!

Two don't buy anything from Walmart, you will spend the same on amazon and get something twice as good.

You will want to insulate the rez if you don't have a chiller, helps with temps. Plus you might want to see how that tub bends after you fill it with water. Weak plastic, you might want to wrap a rope around it to holds the shape or lid won't fit back on.

Air pump to small, again amazon $25 and you'll be covered. I run 1200 gph, a massive amount of bubbles!

I would just do two plants and scrog the crap out of them. You can get yields close to 6 plants with good training!

Good luck and I'm no expert just spent 100+ hours on forums. Spent thousands on setup and on 2nd grow now, grew a long time ago but that was soil, hydro from here on out!

Back
Top Bottom