First Grow - RDWC - Big Buddha Blue Cheese - FEM - Winter/Spring 2017

Hello Norcal. Nice set up. Your first grow huh, wow! Im impressed. Frizz is the person for knowledge and answers. No hydro for me at least yet. Im a simple dirt farmer who waters with a Carls jr cup. I wonder if you grow outside too? I get 2 harvest a year outside and I love it! I can see great harvests are in your future. Your good to go especially with the help of Frizz.
Nice stuff and great day!

Thanks Dutchess. Yes, first grow here. Decided to go RDWC for first grow for several reason, not the least of which because due to local laws we can't legally grow outside, only inside. Otherwise, I would probably do both! .

Yes, and thanks in no small part to TheFrizz, I am already busy planning my Summer/Fall run...Holy Grail Kush. Have a date to start those beans before this one is done. ✌️

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello Norcal. Nice set up. Your first grow huh, wow! Im impressed. Frizz is the person for knowledge and answers. No hydro for me at least yet. Im a simple dirt farmer who waters with a Carls jr cup. I wonder if you grow outside too? I get 2 harvest a year outside and I love it! I can see great harvests are in your future. Your good to go especially with the help of Frizz.
Nice stuff and great day!

Thanks Dutchess. Yes, first grow here. Decided to go RDWC for first grow for several reason, not the least of which because due to local laws we can't legally grow outside, only inside. Otherwise, I would probably do both! .

Yes, and thanks in no small part to TheFrizz, I am already busy planning my Summer/Fall run...Holy Grail Kush. Have a date to start those beans before this one is done. ✌️

Awwwe you guys are too much! First I woke up and the weather is nice, and then I read these comments!! What a wonderful Sunday :circle-of-love:

Your plan to extend veg is a good one. :thumb: This post by the Capn does an excellent job of detailing the concept but basically for every 2 more weeks of veg in hydro you can double your yield. How vegetative growth time exponentially affects yield

BUSY WEEKEND! :)

• Training
  • Nutrient Adjustment & Water Change
  • Addition of HydroGuard
  • Defoliation
  • Beginning Stages of Planning For Next Run (Holy Grail Kush)

Let me start this update with a :thanks: to everyone joining in and providing feedback. Much appreciated!

DAY #37 | VEG # 28:

TRAINING DAY:

The ladies were just sitting there minding their own business...bouncing back well from the last defoliation...

So I thought, why not do some training! :woohoo:

DAY #38 | VEG # 29:

THE LADIES EXACTLY 24 HOURS AFTER TRAINING DAY!: :thedoubletake: :clap:

I have been feeling like I was just on the edge of pushing the ladies in terms of nutrient levels for a bit. But being the newb I am, I didn't know what part of the cocktail was needing adjustment and all things considered, it was going so well I didn't want to get in the way by tinkering too much.

Thanks to feedback from TheFrizz, I had an idea now, so I made some adjustments to my feeding chart and implemented that today during water change.

I also added HYDROGUARD to the mix in hopes that I can stop changing the water EVERY SINGLE week and turn the chiller down a bit to save electricity...we shall see.

DAY #39 | VEG # 30:

As you can see by my chart, I have decided to extend my veg time by two weeks. I was like any newb...wanted to get to the finish line ASAP for the reward! LOL! Well, I decided the reward would be better if I waited and gave the ladies time to mature. And this particular strain is well suited for doing that in a tent...so there is no excuse not to.

In that vain, I started the 5th week with some more CUTTING! :woohoo:

DAY #41 | VEG # 32:

:tokin:

Week 5 is going well, I think the ladies are adjusting well to the nutrient adjustment and enjoying a few days at the spa VEGING OUT! :)

THE RUNT:

All 5 seeds germinating and only having 4 sites for the ladies, I decided to try and bring her along for the ride. She was very slow at first to join the party. But after a top and some tender loving care, she has begun to take off a bit and showing lots of roots:

So I decided to reward her, with a center seat at the big girl table:

And here she is today:

Time for the obligatory root shot! :morenutes:

Your babies are looking very lush, and what amazing roots!!! :drool::drool: Isn't it crazy how fast they bounce back after a trim?! :love:

I would recommend lollipopping the bottom few inches of growth before you switch to flower. This will help promote even air flow around the canopy and allow light into the center of your plants :)

Your babies are looking very lush, and what amazing roots!!! :drool::drool: Isn't it crazy how fast they bounce back after a trim?! :love:

I would recommend lollipopping the bottom few inches of growth before you switch to flower. This will help promote even air flow around the canopy and allow light into the center of your plants :)

Thank you Frizz. I definitely plan on it. Also going to build a scrog.

420-magazine-mobile1496395033.jpg

DAY #44 | VEG # 35:

And here we are, at the end of Veg week #5 :ganjamon:

Decided a couple days ago that the spa holiday was over. And first to get picked on was the runt. With almost 1.5 weeks left before flip at the time, I hope she will recover enough and grow enough to make it worth it...we shall see...she has been perking up quite a bit since the move to the big girl table.

And only 24 hours later it was time for another defoliation and light training day.

And here is a sexy shot of her fan leaves after I plucked them.

These girls are really starting to get smelly and sticky now. Have to start wearing gloves while doing work with them.

This time I went deep and took them down to their nickers.

And here we are today, exactly 1 week before FLIP! :)

The girls bounced back quite well from their defol and those stems are looking very robust! They will be able to hold up buds without much support needed :goodjob: Also good job on the flat canopy, the girls all look about the same size which will make your life sooo much easier during the stretch :) ...and those roots...dayummm :love:

I was going to suggest adding some flower nutes at a low concentration to start preparing the plants for flower but then I read your nute chart and it looks like that will be happening on the 1st anyways :cheer:

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the ladies all grown up!:Namaste:

Mannnn u got some fuckin beast on your hands ...

I've been looking around for that Blue Cheese and no one has a cut of it that I know of in my area, but man do I miss that smoke!!!

I'm in for the long haul, keep up the good work!!

Grow One, Grow ALL

What would you do?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Thanks LuCHiMcPuffen, this will be my first, was told it was a good one through a friend of a friend. Also have some Barney Farms, didn't know which Blue Cheese was best, so I got both! .

I'm sure that one will be a future grow. Haven't taken any cuts from these yet, other than all the damn leaves!.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The girls bounced back quite well from their defol and those stems are looking very robust! They will be able to hold up buds without much support needed :goodjob: Also good job on the flat canopy, the girls all look about the same size which will make your life sooo much easier during the stretch :) ...and those roots...dayummm :love:

I was going to suggest adding some flower nutes at a low concentration to start preparing the plants for flower but then I read your nute chart and it looks like that will be happening on the 1st anyways :cheer:

Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the ladies all grown up!:Namaste:

Thank you Frizz, I was greeted this evening, when I opened the zipper, with one of the best smells they have offered so far. Made me weak in the knees! :love:

I think they are trying to tell me they are ready! :high-five:

Tomorrow will be their last defol day before the flip on Saturday. I will try and do an update a day before Flip and I hope to build my scrog this weekend and do a post about that.

Phenomenal growth. Great job balancing nutes. You are pushing them without stressing them. Hope you have plenty of headspace!
Guage

Thanks Guage, I currently have at least 50" of headspace. 50-20=30" With the scrog, that had better do it, or I am in trouble. .

Yeah adding an extra couple weeks of veg time was a good call for sure :thumb: They are getting pretty massive and fluffy, so many bud sites, yay!

Glad to hear they are smelling tasty already too, isn't that just the best when you open the tent for the first time of the day and that wave of terpenes floats out to greet you? :love:

Looking forward to your next update and seeing how you choose to setup your SCROG :)

Back
Top Bottom