First hydroponics, hell, help me

They look drowned for sure

The lower water should help for sure

I changed the lighting and nutrition as shown below.
Thanks to a lot of advice, we are making a lot of changes.
I wish they could be better.

----------------before-----------------
always light on
----------------now--------------------
light on
00~18 (18 hours)

light of
18~00 (6hours)

watering cycle
00 on(during 15min)

05 on(during 15min)

11 on (during 15min)

16 on (during 15min)

--------------------------------------------

-----------Until now--------------
protekt - 2.5ml
kln - 5ml
mag pro 1ml
foliage pro - 5ml
/ gallon

about 750~800ppm

-----------soon--------------------
protekt 1ml
kln - 0ml
mag pro 0.5ml
foliage pro - 3ml
/ gallon

?ppm
I do not know yet
Removing chlorine from tap water
--------------------------------------

Just me but I wouldn't have my PPM that high for for that small but I don't know how long they may have been stunted.

You really in my opinion have a hard time over oxygenating a DWC. Most people spend a significant amount of thought and money into the aeration on the res in DWC. It may be the most important aspect or challenge for that form of hydro.

Anytime I build a system that I can't move the water in it how I like I put in extra air bubblers. Fill at least half the bottom with bubblers. I like the disk ones right under each plant.

Also...in my opinion...top feed is a waste. I tried it and turned it off an never used it again. Ran a few times with that setup and never used it after the first half a run.

I make the baskets sit in the res just barely. The medium wicks up the moisture and the roots find it. There is a sweet spot of the basket being in there that works well.

Then you dont have to worry about this timing.

You can't get anywhere with humidity that low. It will do about what you are saying at best around 40 and grow half as fast as it could. Get the humidity above 60. Try following the chart below.

dont tell that to my plants... current batch is 10 days old(edit: 11 days. lost a day somewhere ;)) and working with 15% RH

you can grow just fine in low humidty. yes. it will be slower. and yes you need to dial the nutes back. Dont say you cant get anywhere though.

dont tell that to my plants... current batch is 10 days old(edit: 11 days. lost a day somewhere ;)) and working with 15% RH

you can grow just fine in low humidty. yes. it will be slower. and yes you need to dial the nutes back. Dont say you cant get anywhere though.

It 's because the babies have drowned, the growth is extremely slow.
However, after following the advice, the roots seem to grow quickly.
I have now set the humidity to 40 to 50, and it is not easy to raise it in my environment.
I am relieved to see that you are growing well at RH 15%.
What is the temperature?

Also...in my opinion...top feed is a waste. I tried it and turned it off an never used it again. Ran a few times with that setup and never used it after the first half a run.

I make the baskets sit in the res just barely. The medium wicks up the moisture and the roots find it. There is a sweet spot of the basket being in there that works well.

Then you dont have to worry about this timing.

Just me but I wouldn't have my PPM that high for for that small but I don't know how long they may have been stunted.

You really in my opinion have a hard time over oxygenating a DWC. Most people spend a significant amount of thought and money into the aeration on the res in DWC. It may be the most important aspect or challenge for that form of hydro.

Anytime I build a system that I can't move the water in it how I like I put in extra air bubblers. Fill at least half the bottom with bubblers. I like the disk ones right under each plant.

How long do they usually stun (after they drown)?
I have now set it to about 400ppm.
I'm injecting air with four air stone.
Also, I added a water pump with injection method.
The humidity is raised to about 40 ~ 50, and the temperature is kept at about 25.
Compared to 12~24 hours ago, the top part grew very slightly (almost invisible)
Only the roots have grown a little.
The leaves are still sagging.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    405.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1443.JPG
    IMG_1443.JPG
    517.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    489.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    560.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    579.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    612.2 KB · Views: 31
watering cycle
00 on(during 15min)

05 on(during 15min)

11 on (during 15min)

16 on (during 15min)

i dont understand whats happening here, how long are they coming on for and how often? You only need it to come on 3x max per day for just a minute or so, just to wet the stones and give the roots that have not yet reached water, the water they need to continue searching downwards.

edit: oh i think i get it now, new day = 00 and it turns on 15 minutes, then at 5th hour and so on. 15 minutes isnt necessary, you could do it for like 1 minute or 2. I would just manually water from the top once every morning and night and after a week or so the roots were at the bottom of netpot which was where water level was. Then i lowered water level 2 inches.

It 's because the babies have drowned, the growth is extremely slow.
However, after following the advice, the roots seem to grow quickly.
I have now set the humidity to 40 to 50, and it is not easy to raise it in my environment.
I am relieved to see that you are growing well at RH 15%.
What is the temperature?

I agree. I was just pointing out that they will grow fine under Less than ideal conditions. Just requires a little different approach.

Humidity is tough for me to raise. I live far north.. and in the winter, humidity is a lost cause. I could run humidifiers and all that stuff, but I don't like to risk mould in my walls. Attic, etc etc. Maybe one day when I can build a sealed room for them with all the proper vapor barriers and such.

My temps average about 75f with lights on.

I do everything supper cheap. Even when I have equipment I supplement with tricks to reduce wear on equipment and costs.

One thing I do for humidity even if I use a pile of garbage humidifier which can break is I always use wet towels and buckets to make swamp coolers. Works like a charm.

So whether I am using the SCROG or not I have the frame there. I hang wet towels around the frame. I will put in the corners buckets and hang towels into them so they wick the water out of the bucket into the air.

I have another tool but you have to be in soil.

But sorta like this...

After several days of advice from bros I managed them hard.
I sincerely thank many of bros.
Now babies are very healthy and growing up hard.
(Except for one baby in the last photo ..)
Existing thin roots seem to have almost stopped growing, and some seem to be dying.
But the new thick roots have begun to grow and feel strong.
This is a hot photo of the present.
I would still have been saddened without the help.
I would have expressed my sincerity if my English skills were outstanding.

I will upload a picture of my babies periodically.
I really appreciate the help, and I hope that no one will suffer the same mistakes as me.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    528.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    500 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    466.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1507.JPG
    IMG_1507.JPG
    357.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1508.JPG
    IMG_1508.JPG
    381.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    340.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    422 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    517.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    417.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1519.JPG
    IMG_1519.JPG
    508 KB · Views: 31
The roots look yellow because of insufficient lighting, but it is actually white.
I turned the humidifier up to 60% humidity.
Temperatures range from 25 to 28 degrees.
The water will be changed to 400 ~ 500ppm now.
The lighting was set to 18/6 cycles, and now the height of the water will also be about two inches high from the roots. (400 to 500 ppm)

for seedlings you dont need the pump to be on 24/7....buy a timer for the pump and set it to once a hour 10 minutes spraying....later when the roots get more down you can do 24/7 but even then you dont need to do it because when the roots reach the water it will mainly grow in the water so fill it up and make it a DWC and change the waterpump for a airpump

Back
Top Bottom