turttle

What strain is it? Ice,Super Skunk
Ice 50/50 SS ? sativa/indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?yes
If in Veg... For how long?IDK I follow mother nature
Indoor or outdoor?Indoor
Soil or Hydro?Hydro 2 gallon DWC
Size of light?250 watt Hydroponicshut led,couple 24 watt t-5
Is it aircooled?Couple 5 inch fans/6 inch exhaust fan.
Temp of Room/cab?aproux min.60 high 85
RH of Room/cab?25-40
PH of media or res?6.0-6.3
Any Pests ?I hope not
How often are you watering?N/A
Type and strength of ferts used?Fox Farm Grow,big bloom,tiger bloom,open sesame,beastie bloom,chaching.If needed botanical cal mag and superthrive.Flushing with botanicare clearex or possible 3 percent peroxide

This is my first journal may take me a min to figuer it out but any ways this will also be my first indoor and veary first mj hydro grow.I will be growing in a 2x4 ft gyo supply tent in dwc buckets using FF nutes.Hopefully It will be smooth going with no deficiencys.:ganjamon:

P1011813.JPG

Looks good. What was the electrical before hand? What did you down grade from and why?

This will be my first indoor.In my area we have realy high electric costs.I know if I were to flip on my hps luminex digital 400 my bill would be around 60 plus dallars a month more with these tear rates.Not sure if I will flip it on for late flower but right now my goal is to keep the bill around 20 dallars a month and flower to about 40 dallars a month.And also mainly if things seem a little stretchy I dont want to blame it on the led as it would not be fair as I am not using it on a constant light schedule.So far with my grow I have no complaints with the 250 watt from hydroponics hut.:peace:

P1011814.JPG
P1011855.JPG

Well so far things have not gone as planed.I had planted 3 strains but the only one thats growing is the Ice.My SS is still just a seadling and falling way behind.And the other was a mango but never sprouted.They are sending me some more as the seeds were no good.But any way looks like the ice is going to be alone.A possitive note is she showed her sex.....whoohoo.female.As long as your temps are ideal around 70 and no stress odds are in favor of female.I think.I plan on taking a couple of clones and hopefully the SS does something and I will keep them sepperate.
I did run into a little problem with the nutes.Seems the big bloom is creating more of the bad organisms than it is the good.At first it works great but it is realy thick and alive making it realy hard to work with.I have descided to maybe not use it or just a little a few days before changing my res.I also took my PPM up to about 600 and had some drastic ph flucks.This is a sign of over feeding I have droped it down to 500 ppm seems this is the sweet spot so far with this strain for now.

Ok, I have a question cause I don't use FF products.
Type and strength of ferts used?Fox Farm Grow,big bloom,tiger bloom,open sesame,beastie bloom,chaching.If needed botanical cal mag and superthrive.Flushing with botanicare clearex or possible 3 percent peroxide

why do you have three bloom products? And what is chaching?

Cal Mag should be used now. This helps the plant intake the nutes.

Don't push the ICE, you will burn it, I know. 500 is good at this stage.
next week try to bump her up 50-100. run that for a week. The ph on
the ICE I grew always jump up on me. I set my ph at 5.4-5.5 and in a day
it could be at 6.5. As time went on into the 4 or 5th week, it stable down alot
Set Ph at 5.8 and it never went over 6.2.

Also the pump can throw the Ph all over the place. Make sure it is cleaned and flush with the res changes.

as for the lighting, I know nothing about LEDs other from what I have read.
And from what I have read, and seen, I was not convince to use them.
I stand by if you want good solid tight buds, you can't go wrong with the HPS.

Ok, I have a question cause I don't use FF products.

why do you have three bloom products? And what is chaching?

LOL.I know thats odd.I dont know why they call big bloom bloom.Its more like a tee for a soil.Its alive with beneficial micro organisms earthwarm casting and quano.Its good for root health and releases some of the salt build up.It improves flavor.But it realy hard to work with in a hydro set up as the bad organisms realy like to feed on after a while.CHA-CHING is for later flowering.Open sesame,beasty bloomz,and cha-ching are flowering enhancers some of the best on the market.They are based in eureka and humboldt hydro use to sell this product in arcata way before they came out with there own.Now I only think of humboldt as scaming people with 100 part nutes.

Cal Mag should be used now. This helps the plant intake the nutes.

Yes I use a little cal mag when using omni water.After a bit and I start raising my ppm I just use my well water.We have realy good water here and its realy high in cal.

Don't push the ICE, you will burn it, I know. 500 is good at this stage.
next week try to bump her up 50-100. run that for a week. The ph on
the ICE I grew always jump up on me. I set my ph at 5.4-5.5 and in a day
it could be at 6.5. As time went on into the 4 or 5th week, it stable down alot
Set Ph at 5.8 and it never went over 6.2.

Yah I have been bumping 50-100 not so much by week but size of plant.With FF a little bit goes a long way.From what I have learned (using ff)if your ph is still climing then you should keep bumping up.But if your ph is droping drasticly that meen your plants are drinking more water than they are the nutes and since your nutes are low in ph then this is why your getting a low reading.Not sure with other nutes but seems the case with ff.The goal is to find the perfect median where you have no flux at all.So far things are smooth I just did a flush and started flower.The thing with flower you will notice instead of raising ph it will more than likely drop but it will stabilize after a bit.

Also the pump can throw the Ph all over the place. Make sure it is cleaned and flush with the res changes.

Yes I have descided not to use my drip.I am just using 2 gallon buckets with air stone.I do have a sepperate res where I can tie them togeather and circlulate with a drip but yes like you said I didnt want to deal with ph swings and cleaning irigation.For now I just mix my nutes to a one part then I just add it to the water in res until my ppm is ideal.
as for the lighting, I know nothing about LEDs other from what I have read.
And from what I have read, and seen, I was not convince to use them.
I stand by if you want good solid tight buds, you can't go wrong with the HPS.

Yes there are a lot of leds with fals claims you half to be carefull.So far Hydorponics hut leds and GLH have been proven.You can check out Irish boy GLH inferno grows and your jaw will drop with size of buds he is getting of his leds.With the HH leds gonjaman has some realy nice buds with just 2 of their 90 watts.But out of all the leds out there the best one seems to be GLH and its pretty much the big thing on these threads right now.:peace:

Did a res change and switched to flower.Tiger bloom/filtered big bloom/open sesemi to force flower.Since switching to 12-12 I am now using the led most of the day.I have my cfls on a timer and when I wake up in the morning I turn the led on and at night I turn led off about an hr before my timer turns my cfls off......Since using just the led I have noticed some stretching but not to bad considering the limited light I have been providing.

PS: I forgot to mension while I was doing my res change I swiched to another bubble bucket to flush the roots.I used the recomended dosage of clearex and 3ml of 3 percent peroxide per gallon of water.I let this bubble until my ph began to rise.I kep a close watch on it while at the same time waiting for my new mix of nutes to stabilize.I think I left her in the flush bucket for about 20-30 min.then rinsed the roots with just plain water.
P1011887.JPG

You can see here that the big bloom is starting to create a problem.I am still brain storming on this one.

I know I bagged on the humboldt nutes a little bit.It is a good product but you will be paying up the ying yang.Here is a little tease of the out door using humboldts product.To keep it lagit this is all I am willing to post.I think it cost over 500 dallars just in nutes.Did a side by side with a neighbor and in my opinion for out door or soil MAXSEA dry and some added N for a fraction of the cost beet Humboldt hands down.
rsz_p7221735.jpg

Well so far so good.I am about a week into flower.Had some seriouse stretching.I have been using just the led for about 10hrs of the day cfl are on an hr in the morning and hr before lights out.Not sure if a lot of it has to do with the sativa ganetics of the strain added to the limited light schedule(well they say the light equals a 600 watt hps)?.But I had to do some drastic measures of tlc.Seems to be doing well and bud growth seems to be kicking in.I have stoped using the open seseme.I gave her another flush with just h2o2 and now I am feeding the beastie bloomz(wow good stuff) mixed as directed from feeding chart to a one part.Then I just dilute with water in my res to the ppm of my liking.I did add a tsp of cal mag and also a qrter tsp of super thrive and cut back on the big bloom to 1tsp instead ot the regualr 3tbs.
I am still brain storming on how to deal with slime build up.I realy dont want to stop using the big bloom if any one has any ideals or experience with cleaning there roots I more than welcome any help on the matter:peace:
P1011886.JPG

Ow I forgot to mension my temps are under 70 and it is completely free of light.

Really nice set up how much did it cost initially? and what have you spent now? The led lights seem to be really efficient! Peace man!

Thanks motion man.Really the cost of the set up was not to bad.I shoped around quite a bit.Most of my set up was from ebay.Here are some really good deals that I found.
-gyosupplies 2x4x5 tent 90 dallars shipped.(good quality 2)
-exhaust fan fro hlg 190 cfm 45 dallars
-irrigation stealth hydro:(mixed fealings about stealth hydro?Their airstones float and turn upside down and storage bins are not light proof....just not a profesional product if purchasing the earoponic kit..but I did get some parts from there such as there drain valves 4@ 10 dallars a peice they are hard to find.2 sun leaves 2 outlet air pumps 14 dallars each and 1 single outlet I think it was about 8 dallars along with sunleave durapump 160 gph with iragation for a drip system but have not used yet for about 30 dallars.
-lumatek digital ballast switchable 250 watt to 400 watt super lumens was 150 free shipping and a 26inch cool tube I picked up from a hydro shop in oregon threw ebay new for 50 bucks.Best cool tube out of all the rest that charge 150 bucks.
-The led was a little spendy.I had picked up a couple of their 90 watts off ebay and I was not saticfied so I sent them back in exchange for the 250 watt and paid the difference of their price not what I spent on the 90 watters which came out to 320 dallars.Yes the light so far seems to be working pretty good.
-I purchased my res buckets with lid threw plastic corp.20 dallars and got 4 2 gallon buckets with lids shiped.LOL 4 for the price of 2 at any hydro store.There 3 and 5 gallons are on about a couple dallars more.:peace:

Awesome!
and theirs me questioning my budget ha ha. I really like the lights they must be affective with what your producing!
How far away do you think you are from full flowers.

Back
Top Bottom