First LED: question about leaf temp, 100% or less power and height

sstressed

howdy. my keyboard is messed up so please bear with me.

i have two viparspectra xs 2000s in a 4.5ish sq foot tent. im an old HID grower.

i read that the leaf temps should be from mid 70s to 84 degrees f and that LED grows need to be kept warm, in the 80s I think. At 100% power , these lights, at 17 inches from the top of the girls, are too hot for the leaves, pushing them into the high 80s. At 22 inches, 100% power the temps are 80ish degrees which is what i'm shooting for.

my question is this - would you lower the power of the lights and lower the lights to 17-18 inches from the buds or keep the light at 100% and 22 to 23inches from the buds??

thank you for your input. i'm tired of paying for my buzz.

Overgrow!

howdy. my keyboard is messed up so please bear with me.

i have two viparspectra xs 2000s in a 4.5ish sq foot tent. im an old HID grower.

i read that the leaf temps should be from mid 70s to 84 degrees f and that LED grows need to be kept warm, in the 80s I think. At 100% power , these lights, at 17 inches from the top of the girls, are too hot for the leaves, pushing them into the high 80s. At 22 inches, 100% power the temps are 80ish degrees which is what i'm shooting for.

my question is this - would you lower the power of the lights and lower the lights to 17-18 inches from the buds or keep the light at 100% and 22 to 23inches from the buds??

thank you for your input. i'm tired of paying for my buzz.

Overgrow!
Hey @sstressed how are you doing my friend. Hehe
It's supposed to be fun and relaxing not stressful.
I'd turn your lights up full and let them grow.
I only turn lights down for small girls, seedlings and such.
How old are they?

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @sstressed how are you doing my friend. Hehe
It's supposed to be fun and relaxing not stressful.
I'd turn your lights up full and let them grow.
I only turn lights down for small girls, seedlings and such.
How old are they?

Stay safe
Bill
hi. they are 2 weeks into flower. i topped, super cropped and tied down some taller parts for an even canopy and to open up the middle. so you're saying that you would keep them at 22 inches and keep the power on 100%?

i retired from my very stressful job, but i like the name. :)

Hope this helps.
This is @ViparSpectra chart.

1639435173433.png

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hope this helps.
This is @ViparSpectra chart.

1639435173433.png

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:
dude, that's perfect. the xs4000 says 22 to 26 inches and as my two, xs2000s add up to 4,000, that is the standard i will use. i do math but only with a calculator. :)

If I were you I would stick with the @ViparSpectra XS-2000 height whether you have one or 5, there is a deference in output.
i get that the 2000s aren't as powerful and won't reach as deeply into the plant as the 4000, but at the vipar xs2000 recommended height from the leaves the leaf temps are close to and possibly over 90 degrees.

i will give it a go at 16 inches , keep the tent flaps open, set up an additional fan and aim it at the lights???? and see what happens. 12 inches above the buds scares me. i lost a whole crop to light shock back in the 2000s . 4 days under a 100 watt light while i was in the hospital. i turned the 1000 watt on and the next day the crop was brown. average of 16 oz per crop. i was bummed.

i never cared about heat or temp of the leaves when i used HIDs (4 crops a year since 1994) , but from what i've been reading lately , the temp of the leaves shouldn't be above 86 degrees for best results for the plant as a whole

maybe i should stop reading so much. :hookah:
1639505136611.jpeg

Have you been reading this chart.
Gives you the sweet spot.

Stay safe
Bill

3908E2ED-6C79-4C5E-BF56-CC80C0D1B5B0.jpeg

Have you been reading this chart.
Gives you the sweet spot.

Stay safe
Bill

3908E2ED-6C79-4C5E-BF56-CC80C0D1B5B0.jpeg
i am way to high to figure this out. i'll try again after my power nap. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom