First time attempt

I originally was just using the 1 bulb a few inches away but it seemed that it was trying to avoid it (had a bend in it for a couple days) so I moved the light up some and it stretched more. so I added a second bulb with about 6 inches between the bulbs and plant.

I originally was just using the 1 bulb a few inches away but it seemed that it was trying to avoid it (had a bend in it for a couple days) so I moved the light up some and it stretched more. so I added a second bulb with about 6 inches between the bulbs and plant.
Take a picture of your bulbs. I think you may be better with a CFL (Compact Fluorescent). If you do have a household LED, make sure it's a 3500K bulb. Unless you want to change bulbs between vegetative and flowering. 3000K veg, 5000k flower or a mixture of both.

You may want those quite close, as in a few inches. I'm not sure about those kinds of lights and growing.

And Welcome to the forum....

Take a picture of your bulbs. I think you may be better with a CFL (Compact Fluorescent). If you do have a household LED, make sure it's a 3500K bulb. Unless you want to change bulbs between vegetative and flowering. 3000K veg, 5000k flower or a mixture of both.

You may want those quite close, as in a few inches. I'm not sure about those kinds of lights and growing.

And Welcome to the forum....

These are the current bulbs im using x2

And here we are day 14

things seem to be coming along nicely. Day 17 since it sprouted

Now you're talking....that is looking much better.....

Do you have a small fan to wisp around the plant (barely moving)? This is to strengthen the stem for holding buds. If you don't have a fan, just nudge her a few times when you look at her (500 times a day).:laugh:

Thanks :D and yes I have had a fan on it since day 1 :) i will start nudging a few times here and there as well for some maybe extra strength building :) lol @ (500 times a day).

Cool, then you are in the groove now. I will say, more light will make a better plant. If you have to work within the boundaries of what you have. That will work too, just know the yield will be pretty small.

Also, know that she will definitely start emitting odor when flowering starts. The only way I know to fix that is with an active carbon filter made to remove odors. If you haven't planned for that, you may want to, unless you are in a position that it isn't a problem. They are much more odorous than what cured emits.

I am gonna take a look into more lighting this weekend. I will have to look into filters too. Mind you I dont have much to worry about as i own the house and just me and hubby here but still will try to control it lol

I am gonna take a look into more lighting this weekend. I will have to look into filters too. Mind you I dont have much to worry about as i own the house and just me and hubby here but still will try to control it lol
Yeah, don't want any family popping in for a visit while in flowering without a filter........Some strains would make them think you have a pet skunk.... :eek:

looking good but one tip Bonsaiweed said 3000k for veg and 5000k flower but its the other way around 3000k flower and 5000k veg. Thats why we veg with a MH 5000k and flower with a HPS 2700-3000k
:Namaste:
a higher Kelvin rating for veg will prefent stretch
Good catch. :thumb:

I'm not up to date on the spectrum ranges that well. I've just recently started reading about the actual K values for LEDs. Thanks for pointing out my error. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom