First Time Grow Journal - Outside - Kaya Gold & Freebies

It is getting late. These girls aren't flowering. I don't see a downside to putting them in the garage 8 pm. to 8 am. The ones in pots. The two in the ground will just do what they will do. I see what you are saying about my choice of seeds. I was just limited in my choices. I will definitely go local next year. That wasn't an option this year, no seeds or clones can be sold until mid October here, legally. My question is do I need to go so far as cover my garage windows to block out light?

Yep, do it!

The girls that are mobile are asleep the in the garage. 12/12. We had our second bit of rain since about the first of June. Not enough to water anything, maybe 0.20 inch so far. But for all my garden, it is like nectar of the Gods. All plants love rain. The Sativa put on almost 6 inches, just from basically getting her leaves wet from H20 from above. She'll be 7' in a couple days. I'm cool with what happens. I do my best to keep my ego out of this and just give my friends what they need. I've had this approach my whole life growing my other plants. Give them what they need from me and stand back and watch the miracle happen. Thanks so much for watching and helping. I hope I am worthy of your time and attention.

Well, you lucky duck you, with both brightlight and conradino guiding you. I anticipate a happy harvest in your future. I'm already past my bedtime, but you enticed me, and I'm glad you did. I'll stop again in the morning and read the earlier pages. Beautiful plant.

I'm good for cheerleading and asking questions, but these guys are in another league. You're in some of the best hands available. I'm still a babe in the woods here. :battingeyelashes:

Well, I thought I had learned to identify sex, but apparently not. I have on plant that I just have no idea. Here's a picture. I thought it was going to be a girl but no pistils have appeared. Now I'm not sure. Hoping someone could give me hand.

IMG_0022190.JPG

O.K. I brought the girls in pots into the garage to force flowering 12/12. I put black plastic over the windows. But there is some tiny light leak under the garage door and man door, but very little. So I need to seal it up tighter? And do I need to keep them inside at night once they start to flower, or will they stress and return to veg or perhaps hermie?

You have to keep them in to force flowering but after 21.09 autumn equinox you can stop doing it as you're gonna have 12/12 outside with descending photoperiod. It's really weird they haven't started flowering yet but as I said Dutch genetics is not the best to be cultivated down south.

KK....see if you can block off the light leak in your garage w/ a blanket or something. Con makes good points, but adding a little to that. Your northern latitude may not give you 12/12 at autumn equinox...just check it then. Local strains like SGG would be great, but don't give up altogether on other strains as most have been bred to finish ~8-10 wks. Some not so much. I used to grow some hazes that lingered on & on into late Nov. & early Dec. before I gave it up. Landraces are even another story & can go on seemingly forever. :Namaste:

Ask anytime KK....what little I know & can remember :rofl: I'm happy to share. I prefer langbeinite in soil mix, definitely at transition, & if a deficiency shows up. Langbeinite (aka Sul Po Mag) is natural(OMRI) crystalline mineral (0-0-22). A favorite ingredient. It's a fixture in my grows. Like it for sure over the inorganic salt form...epsom salts, which also has no K. Langbeinite is darn good at transition. Gives enough Mg to finish plus S for ripening & good shot of K...all at a very good time for each. Btw, I was talking about liquid Budswel being mild. Never used the dry form. Sorry for rambling.:tokin:

Brightlight, at what point in transition do you use langbeinite, and at what ratios?

This has been such a learning experience for this novice organic gardener. KK, thank you so much for inviting me here. My head is spinning. :laughtwo:

Thanks Brightlight. I'll check the light situation. I think were are pretty much on the money at 12/12 at the equinox, but should check it. I'll fix the light leak if I can get out of the garage with the fix in place. I've got plenty of time to figure out the next strains to use. I'm just going to do my best to make what I have work this time. Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

I just want to introduce my last girl that just revealed herself today, and least to my rookie novice 75% degree of certainty. Another of the KG. Let me know please if I am overconfident. Three pics here. One of the sex I hope, and two of more of the plant. She was the baby of the bunch that went into the containers. She is still the shortest, just under 3 feet after about 11 weeks from emerging from seed. She's put all of her energy into growing new branches rather than growing tall. She has as many nodes as one twice her size, and stronger bigger tertiary branches than the others. A cute little Christmas tree. She is all green top to bottom. Please let me know what you think!

IMG_0041102.JPG

IMG_0036-001.JPG

IMG_0037-001.JPG

Brightlight, at what point in transition do you use langbeinite, and at what ratios?

This has been such a learning experience for this novice organic gardener. KK, thank you so much for inviting me here. My head is spinning. :laughtwo:

Sue...I always add it to mix, then always again ~transition. As needed if any Mg shortage pops up. 7's are my main outdoor pot size. I've used 1 to 4 tbs. per 7 gal. in mix. Lately more like 3-4. Slightly higher dosage for indoor mix. 1+ tbs. at transition. Suggest you try at low end 1st, then increase. You should for the most part be saying goodby to any Mg deficiencies for good.:Namaste:

Sue...I always add it to mix, then always again ~transition. As needed if any Mg shortage pops up. 7's are my main outdoor pot size. I've used 1 to 4 tbs. per 7 gal. in mix. Lately more like 3-4. Slightly higher dosage for indoor mix. 1+ tbs. at transition. Suggest you try at low end 1st, then increase. You should for the most part be saying goodby to any Mg deficiencies for good.:Namaste:

Thanks brightlight. That's about the concentration I used when I mixed my latest batch. I'll use as needed in future. So much to learn. :laughtwo:

Another update. This is the largest KG in a container. Still no sign of flowering. Just a lot of preflowers. But she is green and growing. Her upward growth has slowed, but she is putting her energy in growing out the tertiary limbs. She's right at 4 feet now, and looking more like a Christmas tree. Very happy, but wish she would flower. We're forcing flower by putting her and two others in the garage for 12 hrs of dark each night. This is day 3, but the first night after curing some minor light leaks. The weather here has turned from very hot days and warm night to 75 degree days and nights in the low 50s.

IMG_0003384.JPG

IMG_0004-001.JPG

Back
Top Bottom