First time grower back needing some advice! - Plant dying?

MrMiracleGro

IMG_46745.jpg
IMG_46718.jpg

What's up, guys?

Long time no speak.

Anyways, I think I'm running into some issues in need of resolution..

Does anybody know what is wrong with my baby girl?

Using 100W 6500k 1600 Lumen CFL for one seedling
6.7-7.0 pH'd water (7.0 may be a bit too high)
using shitty MG organic potting soil (which is actually probably majority of my issue)
no outside nutes
"dank" bag seed.. black spotted/striped seed.
the stem is purple and emits a punget danky smell

not sure what else information is required

just looking for any advice i can get

thanks,

T

IMG_46745.jpg
IMG_46718.jpg

What's up, guys?

Long time no speak.

Anyways, I think I'm running into some issues in need of resolution..

Does anybody know what is wrong with my baby girl?

Using 100W 6500k 1600 Lumen CFL for one seedling
6.7-7.0 pH'd water (7.0 may be a bit too high)
using shitty MG organic potting soil (which is actually probably majority of my issue)
no outside nutes
"dank" bag seed.. black spotted/striped seed.
the stem is purple and emits a punget danky smell

not sure what else information is required

just looking for any advice i can get

thanks,

T

I think the MG may be burning your baby. If you can, switch to something better (fox farms or such). If you can't get that, I would try mixing your mg 1/2 & 1/2 with something like promix (just potting material with perlite and no nutes) and see if you can make your MG a little less hot. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and that is too hot also so I cut it with Promix and more perlite. Hope this helps. Good luck. :peace:

I think the MG may be burning your baby. If you can, switch to something better (fox farms or such). If you can't get that, I would try mixing your mg 1/2 & 1/2 with something like promix (just potting material with perlite and no nutes) and see if you can make your MG a little less hot. I use Fox Farms Ocean Forest and that is too hot also so I cut it with Promix and more perlite. Hope this helps. Good luck. :peace:

Alrighty.. She's wanting to thrive... :(

any other suggestions? i could take a photo of my room..

i may upgrade to hydroponics.. been looking into that..

or a grow box and LED or HPS

EDIT:

are there any other potting soils I could find at a local store (or even something similar to Lowes)..

I went to walmart and lowes, both had terrible soils, so I went with MG..

Are there any other "commercial" soils that are better than MG/

thanks my man for the advice.. even on the first post

Alrighty.. She's wanting to thrive... :(

any other suggestions? i could take a photo of my room..

i may upgrade to hydroponics.. been looking into that..

or a grow box and LED or HPS

Take a look at the grows in my sig. I use Mars-Hydro lights and tents. I think the first thing you need to do is get her in some better soil. CFLs are fine. Lots of people have good results with them. The got too hot for my grow space that is why I move to LEDs. Fix the soil first. Then upgrade other things. :peace:

I agree with the prior poster. Your soil is out of whack. PH for soil should be around 6.5. You could try flushing with de chlorinated PHd water, but I would get some new soil. I have had tremendous success with Michigan made mix. Good luck.

I agree with the prior poster. Your soil is out of whack. PH for soil should be around 6.5. You could try flushing with de chlorinated PHd water, but I would get some new soil. I have had tremendous success with Michigan made mix. Good luck.

Unfortunately, MG does not take well to being flushed due to the time release nature of the nutrients used in it. I still think your best bet is to switch soil completely if you are able to. If not, then cut with something more inert. :peace:

Unfortunately, MG does not take well to being flushed due to the time release nature of the nutrients used in it. I still think your best bet is to switch soil completely if you are able to. If not, then cut with something more inert. :peace:

Do you think it would be able to survive another week or so in that soil? I don't get paid until Thursday, and I'm more than likely going to have to order some good soil, which will extend that 4-day-period...

Peace, guys.. Thanks for the help!

Do you think it would be able to survive another week or so in that soil? I don't get paid until Thursday, and I'm more than likely going to have to order some good soil, which will extend that 4-day-period...

Peace, guys.. Thanks for the help!

It should. Not the best solution, but do you have a garden or yard that you could steal a little topsoil from? You could mix that with your MG for the next week until you get something better. :peace:

If you can find jiffy seedling starter soil less mix its inert meaning no nutes in it and it gives growth rates like hydro i use it with great success i add perlite to it to make it more airy. Its got dolomite lime in it already so that will help with ph

Awesome!!

Update:

Okay, so whilst I was transplating yesterday (my soil was much more damp than it should have been), I yanked off a few of the roots? There were a few pieces of my roots remaining in my MG/perlte mix

Anyways... Hope that isn't too much of an issue.

Currently in the same environment with an expectation of less intense/direct light... will this be an issue? i would assume that logically if it needs more energy = more light, but would that further shock my baby girl?

Any advice would be appreciated..

thanks guys and peace !!

IMG_46873.jpg
IMG_46857.jpg
IMG_46884.jpg
IMG_46865.jpg

Back
Top Bottom