New Grower here - Need some advice

Re: New Grower here. Need some advice

They started to turn hermie because they were bag seeds. Apparently the collective had a hermie. They could have used another week or two but I chopped because they were pollinating the other plants. I never weighed the total because I got tired of all the popcorn. Making canna butter with about 4 oz's of pure bud trim at the moment.

I did weigh three plants. Something like 24, 25, and 26 grams dried, but they were the largest. 26 plants total, I think I easily had 3/4 lb.

Couple pics to illustrate that. Keep in mind these were taken half way through. You can see in the Pyrex what I wasn't keeping. Also, they took up less than a 2' x 2' area in the tent.
Picture_4202.jpg
Picture_4192.jpg
Picture_4182.jpg
Picture_4172.jpg
Picture_4162.jpg
Picture_4142.jpg
Picture_4132.jpg
Picture_4114.jpg
Picture_4101.jpg
Picture_4082.jpg

You can see the male flowers in a few pics.

Invi, If You Would Have Pulled The Male Flowers From Your Hermie, You Could Have Kept Them Going Till They Were AS RIPE As You Needed. I Have Done So Before, And Many Of My Friends As Well. They Generally Only Occur If There Is Jess Than 11 Hours Of Light, Or If The Plant Is Getting On In Age. Sometimes It Is Just The Strain As Well, Although You Can Still Pluck The Male Sacks, And It Will Not Seed Your Garden. I Had A Strain Known As Cambodian, That This Used To Happen With, We Just Kept A Sharp Eye Out, And Removed The Male Flowers With Tweezers, NO SEEDS!!! No Seeds With The Others We Plucked As Well. Oh Well, Not Trying To Tell You What To Do, Just Letting You Know It Worked For Me. TAKE CARE. SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

Trust me, I tried. Usually I would only see them after they opened. The strain was A Train. That's Train Wreck x Afghani Kush. My phenos were heavy on the Sativa side. 89 days after the flip is when I chopped. They could have used another week minimum.

At any rate, I had many more flowering clones in the same tent. The others were from real seed stock that I paid for. The A Trains got to the point that I couldn't keep up and I was just sick of them. I grow in a very small basement, 6'x8'x5'. I'm well over 6' tall and a medical user. There's nights when I can't even water, let alone go over every inch looking for nanners.

I do what I can and that's about it. I was surprised in the scarcity of seeds.

Couple more pics of that chop.
Picture_3571.jpg
Picture_3563.jpg
Picture_355.jpg

Yep thats exactly what you need to do get them seperated an your gonna have a great grow but like Josh said A.S.A.P
You're going to want to move those into separate containers as soon as possible.

Hey Josh was that a grow with cfls or hps I was wondering as I am doing a first grow with cfls , the last 2 grows I did was with hps an some people aresaying I might not get the same yields an the buds may not be so dense ?

600 watt SunMaster High Pressure Sodium powered from a digital ballast.

Yeah, CFL's don't produce the intensity of HID lighting. It can be done, but each plant is going to have to have multiple bulbs at different levels. I veg with CFL's but not flower.

holy shit. beautiful plants. just beautiful. and yeah I seperated the plant right away. both plants look better since I did it actually, the tall one is starting to push about 2-4 new leaves and the little one is pushin up. the 2 new leaves are pushin through too. im going to get a small pot later today to put the small plant in for now. to be safer. figured i could just put the jug in the pot. cut straight down and let the dirt drop down (i'll be careful with the plant too) cause I ran out of soil filing up the milk jug :p
I need new stuff lol. but the plants do look like they are doing much much better since the seperation.

It seems to take a long time at first then all of a sudden your girls will be budding , then you study the trichomes an befor you realise your girls are grown up an fully matured :thumb: But then the next bit for me seems to take a long time drying them :rollit: I normally make the number 1 misstake an that will be take some nugs an try to flash dry them normally ruining it a lot :tokin: wich always leaves me thinking these nugs arnt wot they should be :lot-o-toke: Well thats how it has gone for me the last 2 grows. However after around 2 weeks I would have my faith restored an it really was good smoke :)

How do you properly harvest. like. I know the buds get all wet so you have to let them dry. and you cant use a dryer either lol one of my friends tried growing, and he actually did it and used a dryer to dry off his weed. and no one would buy it lol!

Anyways how would you properly harvest and let them dry? just let them hang upside down?

Also if anyone wants to show off their plants they can put pictures up here. I love looking at plants

Depending On Size PG, You Can Either Hang Your Plant Upside,The Whole Plant, Of If They Are Large , I Would Separate Them Into Main KOLAS, Cut Them So That The Stems Act As Hooks, And Hang Them For 7-14 Days, Until You Can Almost Break The Stems(THE LARGER ONES, The Smaller Ones Should Break Right In Half.) I Like To Leave My Main Stems, Just Barely Wet, So That When I Cure Them, They Have A little Moisture, Which You Need For Curing Properly. A Lot Of People No Longer Take The Time To Cure, It's Harvest. Flash Dry, Then Sell!!! PG, I Would Recommend Curing Them, So That They Smell,Taste, And BURN Properly,Flushing Helps With The Proper Burn AS WELL!!! If You Have Any Questions, Feel Free To Ask, And I'll Answer ASAP!!!:high-five: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

To be honest with you I trim as much as I can so Im just left with the nuggets then I use coat hangers an I will attach them (still on the branches)to the coat hangers an let em hang in my tent it normally take up or over 1 week normally though by this time I am climbing the walls trying to flash dry bits(in the airing cuboard on a hot pipe) I even put small nugs in foil in acooker for a while :hmmmm: always a bad idea that though what Im trying to say is I should just trim an hang em somewhere dry for around a week. Still after drying if you put them into a good glass jar an leave them there they get better one guy told me on here its like brewing your ganja cause it gets better as they sit in the jar just taking out what you need for the day an its true the taste gets better an nicer:)

LMAO the way you are growing Mrgreen 1 of my girls would be like a kola to 1 of your girls Bleesings on a ggreat grow:)
Depending On Size PG, You Can Either Hang Your Plant Upside,The Whole Plant, Of If They Are Large , I Would Separate Them Into Main KOLAS, Cut Them So That The Stems Act As Hooks, And Hang Them For 7-14 Days, Until You Can Almost Break The Stems(THE LARGER ONES, The Smaller Ones Should Break Right In Half.) I Like To Leave My Main Stems, Just Barely Wet, So That When I Cure Them, They Have A little Moisture, Which You Need For Curing Properly. A Lot Of People No Longer Take The Time To Cure, It's Harvest. Flash Dry, Then Sell!!! PG, I Would Recommend Curing Them, So That They Smell,Taste, And BURN Properly,Flushing Helps With The Proper Burn AS WELL!!! If You Have Any Questions, Feel Free To Ask, And I'll Answer ASAP!!!:high-five: SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

GO ADVICE JAGA, Hang Them Till They Are Ready To Cure,Never Put In A COOKER, Like You Said, But Hey, If Your Out Of Herb, You Gotta Do Whats Bst For You Smokewise. If I Had To Flash Dry, I Would Do It In The Microwave, For About 10 Seconds At A Time, Till They Are Dry Enough To Smoke, Without Burning Them Of Course(SEE CHECK EVERY 10 SECONDS!!!), They Will Not Taste GREAT, But They Will Get You Stoned!!! And JAGA, Jars Are A GREAT THING, But Your Buds Still Need To Be A Tiny Bit Wet(AND I MEAN TINY!!!), If You Are Going To Cure Them That Way. When You Cure Them In Jars, Make Sure You Open For About 5 Minutes Each Day To Let Them Breath, Thereby Releasing The Bad Air, And Replenishing It With Fresh, After A Few Day Of This(DEPENDING ON JAR SIZE, And Amount Of Medicine In The Jars. I Have To Much Herb To Cure This Way, So I Have Special Room Devoted To This Whole Process, I Keep The Room As Cool As Possible. About The Low To Mid Sixties(FAHRENHEIT), As I Am Continually(DURING HARVEST) Adding Fresh Herb To The Room, It Gets Wet And Dry, Over And Over Again, Like How Tobacco Is Cured, And Comes Out Perfectly Cured When It Is All Ready. I Hope This Helps, Here Are Some Pictures Of Herb Drying On Hangers,
Sitting_Round_The_House_Oct_11th_2012_013.JPG
DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_041.JPG[/img]
Blueberry_DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_040.JPG
Blueberry_DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_035.JPG
Blueberry_DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_037.JPG
Blueberry_DJ_SHORT_X_Heirloom_Kush_036.JPG
Harvest_Bounty_OCT_4th_017.JPG
Harvest_Bounty_OCT_4th_005.JPG
Harvest_Bounty_OCT_4th_006.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_012.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_013.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_008.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_003.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_004.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_002.JPG
NIGHT_TIME_IN_GARDEN_2012_SEPT_27-28_001.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_039.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_037.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_019.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_020.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_014.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_018.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_017.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_015.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_016.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_013.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_011.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_007.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_001.JPG
First_Harvest_2012_Start_Sept_19th_002.JPG
002966.JPG
04265.JPG
not The best Pictures, I Guess, But I Hope It Gives You Some Idea Of What JAGA And I Are Meaning By The Hangers:high-five:, TAKE CARE, SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:.

Curing Removes The Chlorophyll ., And Brings Out The TRUE RICH Flavor Of Your Medicine, Some Folks Like Their Smoke To Taste GREEN(AT THE START OF HARVEST, I LIKE MINE THIS WAY FOR AWHILE, BUT PROPERLY CURED BUD, CANNOT BE BEAT, PERIOD, IMHO!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:,IF YOU READ MY Posts On HERE PG, It Will EXPLAIN ABOUT CURING:high-five:!!!

Back
Top Bottom