First Time Grower!

Legend

Hello guys, I am a first time grower, however I don't regularly smoke marijuana, probably once every three months or so but I really love and enjoy growing for research purposes. I love seeing nature play out its role through the element of environment and time. Here is some information on my first grow, feedback, comments or any questions would greatly be appreciated. Thank you guys!

Light: 250w HPS
Soil: Miracle Grow Nutrient Potting Soil
GrowRoom: Currently its a 2x2
Strain: Purple Kush
Temperature: 24C
Humidity: 51%
Age (VEG): 1 week

I'll keep this thread updated every week on its progress, hoping she turns out to be a female!

IMG_48681.JPG

IMG_48662.JPG

IMG_48323.JPG

IMG_48641.JPG

Hey legend welcome to growing up with :420:.....looks like you need a follower.. I'm In ...this looks great so far my man....keep us updated....how bout some more Info....On the nutes your going to use....techniques...how you build that box...etc...WORD....:ciao:

Wow thanks guys! It's great to be a part of a community that supports and assists you, I am very pleased you guys will be joining me in watching this beautiful plant grow and blossom. Here is some more information at your request.

Grow Box

The growbox is build underneath my study desk. The walls are made of styrofoam covered with aluminum air-seal tape, however the rightside wall is made from wood, again covered in aluminum tape and it contains two 12V fans.

Nutrients

I'm in the process of researching about proper nutrients and when/how to feed the plants, so some advice would greatly be appreciated. For the next 2 weeks I think the soil contains enough nutrients to get it by, but I will certainly be ordering some nutrients online before I begin the flowering phase.

Technique

In terms of technique regarding lighting, I am running a 24-0 cycle for about 7 weeks (from the time the seed was implanted), then I will switching to a 12-12 cycle for the flowering phase, and finally finishing off with a 14-10 cycle. I will be transplanting to a 3 gallon pot sometime next week or so.

There you have it, all the information you requested, if I left out anything I will be more than happy to answer any further questions. Again I more than glad to hear some comments, advice, feedback during the next few months. Thanks guys!

IMG_48902.JPG

IMG_48955.JPG

There are just so many options with nutes :) I am new to growing inside too a few more days and ill be swapping over to 12/12. I went with the Technaflora starter kit and so far am pretty happy. It includes multiple supplements like B-1 and cal/mag etc as well as grow/boost/bloom ferts It only costs 36-40 bucks to buy and will get you through a couple smaller grows. Just thought id throw out an idea for ya cheers and good luck with the grow!

Thank you to both of you for the advice/comments.

Chobble what issues would arise if I continue to use the HPS lighting for the VEGPHASE rather than the CFLs? And the humidity is currently 51%.

Stutzy thank you for the advice and referral, I will for sure be taken a look at the nutrient kit you suggested, at such a price I can't go wrong!

Thank you to both of you for the advice/comments.

Chobble what issues would arise if I continue to use the HPS lighting for the VEGPHASE rather than the CFLs? And the humidity is currently 51%.

Stutzy thank you for the advice and referral, I will for sure be taken a look at the nutrient kit you suggested, at such a price I can't go wrong!

Honestly, I dont know what would happen if you used the HPS :/ That could hopefully be answered by someone else here.

I think for seedlings you need that humidity up. Put something clear over them and spray some water on em. I'm gonna check Jorge Cerventes Bible (I recommend it for new growers).

I looked around and it didnt say exactly. You should look around at what others are doing with seeds and copy that but they do like a high humidity!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom