First Time Grower - 300W LED

Your grow looks great.
That stem looks fine too.
I also have low winter temps at 17c giving me purple stems. Here they are three days before harvest:
image7380.jpeg

No worries, comes out great and the low temps bring out the colours.

do you guys have any idea what I should expect to yeild from these if I dont somehow royally fuck them up here. and also when do I get to smell these girls, the closet has a slight hint to it but to be honest cant really smell anything unless u touch them.

thanks all happy friday to where ever you guys are

jah ;)

Best case of everything is perfect you might get 1 gram per real watt draw of light. How much power does your led use? What model is it?
I would not defoliate at all, I have tried both and found defoliation to slow growth. Best thing for leds is to try and make the plants as flat and even height as you can. So if any plants are short, prop up their pots to make them all even distance from light and bend the canopy flat as much as possible.

Hey OG thanks for your constant support u have kinda became my main dude in this journal, and you have had a couple successful grows at least so thats awesome to have you aboard.

the LED is a galaxyhydro led bought off amazon as I didn't know what I was doing the actual draw was 138w with my meter. and then I have two 15w t5 flor bulbs for supplemental lighting.
Total actual watts: roughly 175w.

And yea some of them spouted like three huge stems and nugs that threw this even canopy off so are u saying bend some of those down even in flowering? and then I will definitely prop up the one that is about 3 inches lower than the others. Thanks for your suggestions OG have a good day mane :love:

I only have a few journals here but been growing for 15 years.

For that setup then, I would say if you do a perfect job you could get 170g, so something under that for first time. Maybe 4oz or so first time. See how you do and try to improve next time.

For making them even: the way I think of it is the tallest cola is the leader and it gets to most hormones and stuff to grow fastest. Try to make all colas same height and they all get bigger. Yes you can bend them down a little even in flower to open them up and flatten them out. Can tie them if you like, don't break them hard like I do in veg, don't want to lose a cola at this point.

wow well 15 years of experience at my fingertips is far more than I could ask for so thank you for this OG :thanks:

If i got anywhere close to 4 oz I would be more than excited. I wish I had not just super cropped one of them, I was scared at the beginning and supper cropped one, it broke, taped it, and now it has the best most even canopy with the most tops. The other two are just shooting random tops haha. So i think I will tie some of the tops down and post a picture for ya. I appreciate the help OG!!

I am happy to help, I have learned some new things here too even after all the years.

I do hst and fim constantly on mine right until bloom starts. Then hst continues for first few weeks of bloom with one "back building" snip to all tops at around 6 weeks in.

DAY 23 FLOWER:
Whats up all. I have been busy and havent updated much on this thread. So here we go.
I was out of town for a couple of days and came home and they were so slumped and dry. I watered them with half strength nutes mixed with RO water and literally within the next 4 hours they came to life. I am on day 23 like I said and I am wondering if I am on track or behind or what your guys opinion is on my stages of flowering. Here are some pics.

I noticed this guy has some amber hairs turning.. this plant seems like its a week ahead of the others somehow..
IMG_49289.JPG

IMG_49299.JPG

And heres a group pic with the LED on.
IMG_49306.JPG

Thanks for checking up! Any suggestions for this stage of flowering are greatly appreciated. I really want some decent nugs haha :cheer:

JAH!

Cool thanks OG you are ontop of your shit. might as well just be a you and I thread haha. I just have been looking at other peoples at about the same time and noticed that they have way more chystals already and nugs look more developed... in general at least. I know it probably has about everything to do with the grower so all fingers are pointing at me at this point and already am trying to figure out what I am going to change next time. Thanks for your time buddy

JAH

Hey bro, I just noticed your grow... I actually just ordered 300w mars hydro led yesterday, so if you don't mind I'm gonna pull up a chair and see if I can learn a few things :thumb:
By the way...your ladies are looking very healthy and happy!

Nice. You are welcome to ask questions there too. Last batch was lower yield than normal. Electric heater failed and I should have replaced it. 16-20C is low temps. Also winter humidity is too low at 35-40%.
I am going to separate my basement with a separate room for the two cabinets so I can control temp and humidity better for next time.

Tarheel! welcome you look like you already know about 50 times as much as I do about growing by the looks of your profile. Im not sure how much you are going to learn here but I am more than happy to have you aboard. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. I checked them today and they were nice and perky and the buds were looking like they're getting kinda frosty! :thumb:
Anywho thanks for checking out the journal

JAH !!

Tarheel! welcome you look like you already know about 50 times as much as I do about growing by the looks of your profile. Im not sure how much you are going to learn here but I am more than happy to have you aboard. I will be posting pictures tomorrow. I checked them today and they were nice and perky and the buds were looking like they're getting kinda frosty! :thumb:
Anywho thanks for checking out the journal

JAH !!

Your plants will start showing signs of frosting more in 6-7 weeks of there life span just be patient they will get there .There looking good by the way.Just be patient don't harvest to early that's most peoples mistake different pheno take longer then others to finish fully.

Hey Nuggs, like the name and thanks for joining me in my newbie adventure!
I checked on them today and didnt take a picture this is from the day before so not much of a difference. I really am not doing much besides the watering obviously and the RH has been at a steady 45-55% i open the door daily to lower it and let some fresh air in. I am excited for this frosting period coming up because in a couple days I will have hit the 4 week mark! any who here is a picture thanks for checking it out.
IMG_49457.JPG

Thanks!
JAH

Hey all that are following. I havent updated in a while im dealing with a broken ankle so I have not been getting around to this as much as I would like. that being said here we are.
DAY 31 FLOWER:
I have not fed them since 2 days ago. I am at full strength nutes now and I have noticed somethings on a couple of the plants. Interestingly enough there seems to be a different problems for each plant.
First is this Purp diesel #1 it has some browning on the edges and some browning happening randomly on the fan leaves if you look closely you can see.
IMG_49696.JPG

Next is Purp diesel #2 it seems to have some toxicity or something the leaves are almost shiny dark green and curling.. I feel like I need to flush her.. but I really dont know.
IMG_49704.JPG

And lastly this is the girl that now looks the healthiest, just by a tiny.
IMG_497110.JPG

Thanks for checking it out please let me know what you guys would be doing in this stage of growth. sorry for the lack of posts.. I will try to be better. but they are starting to frost and I am overall happy ish..
JAH :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom