First Time Grower's Odyssey

SlickJonz

Hello to my fellow 420 brothers and sisters. I have embarked upon my first attempt at growing (outdoors N. Cal), and I am going to try and post every step from here on out. I started with 5 varieties of clones from 3 local shops, thirteen in total.

I started them out in small cups and progressed to a larger pot once it filled with white roots. I have just recently placed them into their final pot (15 G) and into a greenhouse (6x6x9). I had intended on having 30 initially, so thats why the huge tent.

I underwatered/over N the first few weeks, but I managed to bring them back to a respectable stature. I dont know much at all except for what you guys have posted here, so I am glad there are so many knowledgeable folks who are also willing to help. Thats really why I joined. Here are photos of what I have so far.
20150717_154805.jpg
20150706_094943.jpg
20150706_095015.jpg

The five varieties are as follows from L to R and and back to front Blu OG (Tahoe OG x OG Kush)4), Maui Pineapple Chunk (1), Blu Phantom ((Cherry Pie x GDP)2), San Fernando Valley OG (2), and Candyland ((Platinum GSC x GDP)3). Initially, there were four CLs, but my rottweiler decided he needed more leafy greens in his diet. So he ate the leaves off the plant along with its rockwool cube (what was left of it), and the clod of dirt it was attatched to. It was the runt and I was nursing it back to health, so I don't know if I should be mad or relieved. One OG and one other CL got turned over and knocked out of their pots, but they ended up rebounding superbly.

20150722_082332.jpg
The Nursery
20150722_082418.jpg
Blu OG (Visible damage is learning curve of watering/nutes
20150722_082433.jpg
Maui Pineapple Chunk (cupped leaves from malnutrition
20150722_082447.jpg
S. Fernando Valley OG
20150722_082515.jpg
Blu Phantom
20150722_082536.jpg
Candyland (surviving runt)

Some of the lower leaves that were malnutrition and dehydrated from the giddyup are somewhat dry feeling. While not being crumbly and brittle, they do feel frail and certainly not robust and healthy as the upper leaves. Should I leave them although I know they won't improve? The small branches are not supporting them well, and the undersides of the leaves are lying on the soil. I really don't care so much about aesthetics as I do overall production and potency.

So, I haven't posted in awhile. Partially because I have been very busy with my family, and not much time for social media. During this time, one of my caretakers has severely damaged three plants, one of which was recovering from HST and supercropping. The one mauo pineapple chunk plant was split in half at the base of the main stem. I tried to repair, but I was unable to resusitate the plant. Once I got there the next day every branch and leaf were drooping. 65% or the plant has been revived, the other 35 is severely drooping and leaves wilted and all but have fallen off. Very disappointed asthis was the one I had thr most promise for due to its parents. I guess we'll see how it all turns out with what is left.

The other two were one Candyland which I barely saved any of. Most had been crushed and left to die overnight and through the heat of thr next day. Also damaged in the fall were one of two san fernando valley OGs I had, and they were the biggest of all of my plants. Always have been too, but they have the thinnest stems. Not sure what that all means, but she looks gorgeous still (the one that didn't get fallen on by my mother-in-law).

And to think, my rottie turned over both two candylands and one of the OGs. He ate one CL, but the other two I was able to repot and bring back to life. My M-i-l then proceeds to almost kill the CL and the maui pineapple chunk. So I dtarted with 13, now down to 12 with 2 on life support. Rottweiler=1 and drunk relative=2.

Update 8.20.15

Latest pics from my prop 215 compliant outdoor trial. Managed to salvage what was left of two plants that got their main stems broken. Even if they just produce one bud, i will not call it a loss.
20150820_145952.jpg
20150820_150027.jpg
20150820_150043.jpg
20150820_150115.jpg
20150820_150103.jpg
20150820_150053.jpg

Here are my Blu OGs. Can't find anybody with pre 98 bubba clones, or anyone willing to come off some atleast. They started flowering about 10 days ago. Both Blu strains flowered first, and they are Blu OG and Blu Phantom. SFV OG have begun to flower as well, but its only been about 3 or 4 days.
20150820_150035.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom