First time making cannabutter

Hey there Bill C, thanks for asking brother. As for the Sticky it is not a formula set in stone but rather a barometer and starting point. Titration and efficacy rates for individual Patients may vary, an ounce of Marijuana to each pound of butter is a great start.

I've never made butter before & am looking forward to the upcoming harvest to try it out. I've found that as my experience in growing increases, so does my yield. As such, I'm at that point of "What do I do with all of this?" Making edibles just seems like the thing to do. I'll probably start off with a 1oz/1lb ratio to get a feel for it, & adjust from there.

The Cannabutter I made was FANTASTIC!!:cheer:

Outstanding!!!

... and used very little prescribed painkillers or anticonvulsants that day, or the next.

Very encouraging!

Personally I love this approach, from a Public Health standpoint edibles are a no brainer. I am unequivocally endorsing edibles for all Patients who are suffering from any pulmonary stress over traditional smoking of Marijuana. This is such a subtle, discreet, and safe, method with the only drawback being the amount of Marijuana needed to make quality butter. I am not saying that others who make butter at other rates do not have success but I wanted my butter to pack a punch and be worth the trip. I will be making Cannabutter again and will be happy to assist other Patients and their Caregivers with any and all information I possess on the experience.

I'm looking forward to it for these very reasons. Smoking, while effective, can leave the lungs feeling irritated after a while. Maybe it's because I still use the same bong I used in college 30+ years ago. In any case, the quantity of MJ required shouldn't be a problem. I live in a non-MMJ state, so donating to a dispensary is not an option, & usually end up giving the extra to a cousin for "disposal". I'd like to find a use for it myself.

I have always been a staunch supporter of Cannabis Extracts and Edibles. Back in the late 70's to early 80's hashish was widely available and I loved munching blocks of Lebanese Blonde and Black Afghani hash dipped in brown gravy or au jus after a Sunday dinner of Roast Beast as much as smoking bowls of it or the stealth "hash under glass" method.

We must be of the same generation as I remember hash in the 70's. I had completely forgotten about the the "hash under glass" until you mentioned it! Wow! A flashback!!

Sorry I was rambling just a bit stoked and looking forward to making more brownies!!:yahoo:

Rambling? I saw it more of being enthusiastic! (or stoned! ha!)

Thanks so much for the response & sharing your experience! Good luck in January in your case.

I've never made butter before & am looking forward to the upcoming harvest to try it out. I've found that as my experience in growing increases, so does my yield. As such, I'm at that point of "What do I do with all of this?" Making edibles just seems like the thing to do. I'll probably start off with a 1oz/1lb ratio to get a feel for it, & adjust from there.

An Oz per Lb is a great place to start. I am making more butter today. Knowing I am running out of narcotic painkillers I am looking to mitigate my long term use of them and become more dependent upon Cannabis Butter and Extracts, Oils etcetera. One simply needs a continuous supply of quality Marijuana to do so. I am still trying to recover after having my home robbed days before Christmas last year of all my kids gifts, and my Marijuana. I lost 24 Plants in their 10th week of Flower, 12 heirloom adult Mother Plants, and many seedlings that were ready to be transferred to Flower along with various grow equipment. I had to not only replace my Children's Christmas presents but after New Year's day obtain new clones, seeds, equipment, and try to get going again. If that was not bad enough 10 months before this I was Busted with the cops taking all my grow equipment while in possession of both Patient and Caregiver Medical Marijuana Licenses, NO usable Marijuana and was held without bail. So every crop matters trying to get back on my feet not only for myself, but the five Patients registered to me, and those I gift to. While I do not grow for profit and help all those around me trying to keep the lights on, pay for the grow, while feeding my children has not been easy.

Outstanding!!!
:thanks:

I'm looking forward to it for these very reasons. Smoking, while effective, can leave the lungs feeling irritated after a while. Maybe it's because I still use the same bong I used in college 30+ years ago. In any case, the quantity of MJ required shouldn't be a problem. I live in a non-MMJ state, so donating to a dispensary is not an option, & usually end up giving the extra to a cousin for "disposal". I'd like to find a use for it myself.
NO Dispensaries are in Rhode Island at all. The entire Legislature overrode the Governor's veto twice to enact and allow 3 Dispensaries in RI but after several years of delay when the new Governor was "ready" to sign the Licenses the Feds sent a letter to all MMJ Governors saying they would prosecute investors to employees and seize any and all property and assets available so he unlike Maine's Gov was scared and refused to allowed them. Governor Chafee here in RI said there are 2500 Marijuana Licenses in RI and any Patients who need to obtain Marijuana legally will have to utilize the services of a local Caregiver. It would be great to have a dispensary to use to unload Medicine but it is not going to happen anytime soon.

We must be of the same generation as I remember hash in the 70's. I had completely forgotten about the the "hash under glass" until you mentioned it! Wow! A flashback!!
We are the last generation of Old School America and can remember the world before cops went on a rampage using The CSA of 1970 to imprison millions of hard working, tax paying Americans for using Marijuana.

Rambling? I saw it more of being enthusiastic! (or stoned! ha!)

Thanks so much for the response & sharing your experience! Good luck in January in your case.

Thank you brother it is always great reading your posts:adore:

I just have one question, does the purity of your butter go up if you let it simmer for longer? any tips or pointers would be great this is my first time making butter and i am hoping for the best thanks!!!!!

Great Question but honestly IDK I usually let mine simmer 24hrs because if cooked longer I am afraid I would cook the THC out of the butter altogether or it would start losing power.

so i pulled my butter out this morning, it has a green tint to it with a slight smell of cannabis, all in all looks look probly not that strong but i did that on purpose 14g for 1 lbs of butter.

I am now having the problem of finding something in my pantry that calls for butter in the recipe . Everything is OIL?!?!? wtf
I just use a cookie mix,most call for 1 stick of butter. I use 1oz for 11/2 sticks of butter. I typically weigh out 30-35 gram cookies. With this recipe i always tell my friends to eat half wait about 45mins see how you feel then eat the rest. For the fun times I make a 48oz cookies and am good for a good 8 hours

hello everyone, after reading multiple cannabutter recipies and debating on weather or not i want to chance making butter i finally decided to do it, I got my self

1lb of unsalted butter

14 grams of bud

2 grams of vaped weed and stems

1) so i boiled up my water, put the butter in it and mixed it up then brought it to the lowest heat setting.

2)i ground up all the bud and stems in a coffee grinder and poured the ground weed in the pot. I also scrapped the inside of the coffee grinder for there was tons of keif in there

3) Heat is on lowest setting, i am stirring occasionaly for 3-4 hours then i will strain the bud.

I just have one question, does the purity of your butter go up if you let it simmer for longer? any tips or pointers would be great this is my first time making butter and i am hoping for the best thanks!!!!!
Wow 😳 we never did it that way!!
we ALWAYS decarb the herb in the oven first (well this is the old Way ) but like 225 degrees or so for like 45 minutes then stick it in the easy butter maker you can get one on Amazon it you so choose with the butter in it slowly perk it through we did it at least 3 times then press butter out directions comes with the butter maker or in a crock pot.
We got an Ardent flex it takes all the guess work out of everything and does it all to perfection butter, coconut oil,MCT oil here's a picture of the Ardent. I would recommend this unit

IMG20231123060359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom