First time scrogging

ilikebike

ok so i made a pvc frame and ziptied some green plastic fencing i bought at lowes to it and made a screen. Then i wedged the screen in my flowering closet. fit it nice and snug and its even got a slight bend to it. perfect for the way the plants will be growing.

My first thought was i was just going to put 3 of my plants in there and just flip the lights to 12/12 and pull the nodes and branches through the screen.

Now that i am doing more research i see that you need to fill up the screen before you switch the light cycle, otherwise i will just have branches growing through the screen and they wont use it as support and grow tops.

So now i am thinking about moving the 3 plants into the closet like tomorrow and just use my HID lights to finish the vegging. One of the ballast im using is a MH anyways so i can put a MH bulb in it, and i will run my 400w hps as well so i can try to quickly fill in the screen about 60% with in like a week or so. then i will put my 360w mh to hps conversion bulb in the MH ballast and flip the lights to 12/12.

Does it sound like im going about this the right way? i can use all the help i could get any tips or pointers would be great!

Sounds some what ok to me. I usually veg two weeks from rooted clone, then push them under the screen. Then veg for a week more before flowering. You will have to stay up with them, they can fill the screen in quickly in some area's and bare in others. Keep a close eye of how they are branching, and move larger ones to bare area's on the screen.

How big of a screen do you have? And how long have you already vegged?

IMG_027816.JPG
IMG_027918.JPG
IMG_028114.JPG
IMG_028214.JPG
IMG_028319.JPG
IMG_028412.JPG
IMG_028514.JPG
IMG_028616.JPG
IMG_028812.JPG
IMG_028914.JPG

they are under a 400 watt hps and a 400 watt mh on a 18/6 cycle, but we just put the screen in so we are going to veg for a little while longer to fill the screen up then switch the lights to 12/12

I definitely would give them another week or 2 of veg before the flip... the goal is to already have the screen filled up 80-100% and then the flip, so all those fat cola's develop above the screen. Every time a branch grows up through the screen about 3-4 inches, pull her back under and stretch her as far as she will go...let her grow up, and repeat... Ive found with the fuller the screen, the more and larger buds you will end up with...

Loving the screen Ilikebike!!

I noticed that your screen is in a slight bend with the outer edges lower than the middle. Just a suggestion, and not sure if its possible, but I would flip the screen so the middle is lower and sides higher, and then direct all of the larger branches toward the outer edges. This way you will maximize the light intensity on the sides, bringing them closer to the lights. Since in the middle, you have 2 lights, the lighting from both, even though farther physically from the lights, will be getting light from both spectrums, and it will even out the intensity difference being further away..

Back
Top Bottom