First timer needs help with Durban Poison

thewombat

Hello!

I'm in the process of growing my first plant ever and it's looking good so far. I used 3 Durban Poison seeds I brought back from South Africa and planted them. One tuned out to be male so right now I have two plants left, of which one is a little bit behind. But both are quiet some time (~7 weeks) into flowering.

Now, they grow indoors and I don't use artificial lighting, so there's just the spare light coming through my windows. And other than the little sunlight I got I only use soil and water. I never thought they will grow much, but my favorite baby is looking good.

Now I have now clue when to harvest, all I know is they need some more time, but idk how much. And I, while I can see many pistils, I don't see any trichomes (yet?). So my questions are if there are plants that maybe don't develop trichomes, especially with suboptimal lightning condition. And if there is any way someone could guess how many weeks are left.

You can find recent pictures here: imgur: the simple image sharer

Thank you for your help :)

Hi and welcome to 420! I've only got one grow under my belt, but I'd say your girls still have 2-4 weeks to go. I didn't see any tricomes either but the pistils will turn orange-red and shrink back a bit when they are close. Keep waiting.....:thumb::peace:

12 to 13 weeks African maybe longer with your low light . you should get some beautiful fall color leaves at harvest time.

I'm currently growing DP 2 females in a tent. I veg'd for a bit too long and both are huge. They got over 30 inches in 5 weeks and are now in week 3 of flowering. I have a feeling im going to run out of room in the tent. What I have learned is that DP needs a lot of light. I have a 700W LED Mars2 on both and it is still not enough I feel. Lots of colas, should be a huge harvest if they grow properly. Give them time and light with enough nuts. DP needs lots of calmag it seems. Enjoy.

Nov8Bud01.png

I am planning to harvest mine at 9 weeks. Here is a oic of a bud at 7 weeks, 400 watt hps.

i'm not quite sure if you can get good harvest out from these plants man, considering that you haven't given/provided them with artificial lighting. this strain loves the sun much that's why it is preferably grown outdoors. let see how much you can get. be glad to see updates from you

:)

I did harvest them one week ago and already made tea with some of it. It is a blast! Thank you guys for letting me wait a little longer :)

The rest is drying in paper bags as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom