First Timer Success

CKBuddy

Hi All,

I'm new to this and only into day 35 of my very first grow.

I had done quite a lot of research on this site and others before beginning and I'm already learning twice as much from actually doing it.

Just to so you know... I'm growing 3 plants of different strains and I'm doing it hydroponically.

The one part I was most interested and unsure of was the training of the plants. I'm now into the start of flowering and won't be doing any high stress methods. I'm also doing hydroponics and some of the low stress training methods were difficult to manage with my system.

So I tried something a little different to see what could happen. I don't know if its a common thing but I've had amazing success with it as a method of training.

I have a HPS 400W as my main source of light. However I decided to place other individual lights in the tent at certain points below where the top of my plant was. Originally it was to increase light to each of the girls but I believe I've ended up creating new colas by changing where the closest proximity of intense light is.

I hadn't done any training but I've noticed these new branches have grown and since turning the smaller lights off the new colas are growing upwards level with the top of each plant. My plants have gotten extremely bushy due to this but they're looking really healthy and the new growth is almost overtaking the original apical bud.

Just thought I'd put it up here and I may be wrong about this but I think it was due to the light that this worked.

Anyway any advice and comments are welcome and I'll post photos later.

Peace

Hi Buddy!!

Welcome to 420!! You've chosen the right place.

Sorry your post went unnoticed.

I commonly do train my plants. I think all my journals have trained plants of some kind. Feel free to check them out.

If you have an specific questions, hit up the FAQ and post them there. They'll get answered fairly quick by the best in the game!

Maybe consider starting a journal? You can track your progress and others can comment and help out as you go. Best decision I ever made was joining and starting a journal. My skills went from 3 to 10 real quick.

Anways, all the best to you

With love,
Pigeons

All around lighting is a good way to light up those shady spots on the sides. Training is optional, and there are a number of philosophies surrounding the various methods. But if space is not a factor, then it's up to you whether or not to let her grow naturally.

Back
Top Bottom