Flowering clones?

theno420

i've read that it is ok to take clones during flowering (not recommended by most) and so i decided to just try it cuz it couldnt hurt right? well is there anything special or different from cloning during veg that i need to do to get these girls to root and grow? any help would be appreciated! :peace: :thanks: :bongrip:

Just treat them like regular clones. Don't do anything with the bud site. It will stretch out and eventually go back to normal veg growth. Leaves will seem like they are deformed for a bit but its nothing to worry about. The advantage I believe to flowering clones is they tend to be more bushy if trained the right way. Check my journals out I used a lot of flowering clones.

Just cut a small lower branch and treat it like a cutting.

Just treat them like regular clones. Don't do anything with the bud site. It will stretch out and eventually go back to normal veg growth. Leaves will seem like they are deformed for a bit but its nothing to worry about. The advantage I believe to flowering clones is they tend to be more bushy if trained the right way. Check my journals out I used a lot of flowering clones.

:thanks: McBudz i checked out your journals~very nice!! i didn't mess with the bud part at all cuz i wasnt sure im glad i didnt i just cut off some of the lower leaves & nodes and dipped em'! i took a pic but it came out pretty shitty. i guess i'll just wait & see if any take root or not~around how long about should i see signs of roots?? thanks also torturedsoul :peace:

I use flowering clones also - they root just as fast as a regular cutting, but take longer to regenerate back to the veg state. The leafs at first will look like a backyard weed and deformed, but don't worry-you'll then see it with a single 1 finger leaf, then three, then five and so on. I clone both veg and flower - the flowering one are definately more bushy - depends on the strain also! ( how bushy ). In the memebers gallery I have a pic labeled "my second grow" , in the center was a flowering clone (Purple Diesel) surrounded by six regular clones (KF420). See the difference? Also I keep the flowering clones under 24/7 light until well developed then cut back to 18/6.

:thanks: McBudz i checked out your journals~very nice!! i didn't mess with the bud part at all cuz i wasnt sure im glad i didnt i just cut off some of the lower leaves & nodes and dipped em'! i took a pic but it came out pretty shitty. i guess i'll just wait & see if any take root or not~around how long about should i see signs of roots?? thanks also torturedsoul :peace:

Depends on strain and environmental conditions.. But anywhere from 1 week to 3-4 you'll have roots if it is going to root.

really up to 4 weeks? so if i dont see any signs by the 4th week or so then they pretty much aren't going to root right? :grinjoint:

ya know this makes sense to me now...we did have to wait like three weeks to get them from the supplier...he keep saying one more week...one more week they should be ready, one more week waiting for the roots to come in better.

:woohoo:AHH HHAAA
peace at last...:allgood:

:goodjob: theno420

You helped me! thanks for the thread! i guess i just didnt know HOW to ask what i needed to ask. Your's might look a lil like mine did for a bit... pics in my thread
++ Pest.problems >>odd leaf development

GOOD LUCK with your clones!!
:passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom