Flowering deficiency problem

Thehalobluntm

Here's the problem I think the ladies are lacking p.k and my fruity diesel ladies have a n problem I think.

Week 4/5 flowering
Lights 23x2 cfl in custom hood and 18' Flo
Medium Scott's soil
Ph:7 for buble and 6.1 f2f
Watering 1 or 2 a week
Fertilizer mg plant food 1/4 str a gallon every other watering
Temps a
20160104_181834.jpg
20160104_181912.jpg
20160104_182018.jpg
20160104_182100.jpg
nd humidity: 79 and h goes from 40/50%
Lights:9 1/2 / 14/1/2

Well none of the pics show nitrogen deficiency. Please explain what you think nitrogen def. looks like so we can correct that. Or you can google it. One sure sign of it is that the lower leaves will yellow as it get stolen from them for the upper leaves. none of you lower leaves show signs of Nitrogen def so you can't have it as it starts there.

There might be both Phosphorus Deff and iron Def. which are both caused by poor pH. Both of those you should have plenty of in there so try to get the pH fixed.

6.1 is WAY too low and will cause problems of all sorts. In soil phos wont be absorbed below 6.2.
7 is the very edge of okay and should be brought back down to 6.5. Iron def happens at 7.0 and higher.

So I bet the third pic is the bubble...

I wouldn't be surprised however if the tin foil on the floor is actually causing the problem I think MIGHT be phos and is actually sun burn from focused rays.

1) you don't want to use tin foil at all
2) reflection from below is not really good for a plant especially that close.

Tents have a type of reflective surface that disperses the light so it doesn't really come back from underneath and most people have them far away from the bottom anyway. in your small space that tin foil may be way too close...especially since it doesn't reflect light properly.

So I would get rid of the tin foil.

Fill up a 2 gallon watering can and adjust the pH to 6.5. run that much through each plant and let all the run off go down the drain.

You might want to switch to bloom food now that you are in bloom but stay at no more than 1/4 as you do not have a lot of photosynthesis happening.

:goodluck:

post some pics a week after the first feeding after they dry out from the flush...it will take at least that long to really see a difference and know.

3rd pic is actually fd and I fed them both with a lil nutes. At the bottom is actually Mylar and ph should drop a lil for bubble cause nute water 6.5 and the reg water I use has a ph of 7.5 so I alternate each week and it stays in 6.5 to 7.
I just thought it was nitrogen do to the yellowing but the fd ladies were actually kinda close to lights so might just be bleaching.
Thought bubble had lack of p or k cause of leaf curl and spotting.
1 big problem I have is soil is breaking down each watering and seems to just run right out of drain hole unlike b4 but read that soil breaks down a lot too. What week of flowering do you think they are at? They are actually producing resin on sum of the sugar leads already

With this grow i would not worry about how munch bud you will get but a grate learning experiences take what you have learn and use it with your next grow your doing a good job the plant looks healthy. Villiageldiot pointing out some nice tips the plants looks like its in week 4 or 5 in flowering if you get some more CFL more the better you may just get a few grams. And with your soil breaking down I'm not sure what you mean but sound like your watering to much the soil is to wet let it dry out good then water keep up the good work next grow try bigger pot more light get a tent if you can and to get some fertilize GPH makes a nice box kit with eerythig you need to grow for $50 all in good time not to worry :high-five:

I'm hoping for at least a qrt if more then amazing they are some strong ladies tho almost went a week without any real light or heat they were in 60 temps and lower and made an awesome recovery. I might reveg bubble. They might not be big to y'all but they are Hugh to me. I agree too i actually learned a lot for my first grow and I'm even experimenting on the ladies for new things I wanna thank everyone who has gave me advice too wether criticism or just friendly advice all appreciated

ya your good don't worry haters will be haters but you have a good idea with re-veging the plant it will take some time to bounce back but it will and when it does your going to get a ounce +++ the plant will surpercrop it self with a bigger pot and some more light your going to be laughing at the haters smoking some nice homegrown cannabis :blunt:

Ah if you can support it I strongly suggest re potting into a decent mix and re-vegging. Nothing just out of the bag is great just decent.

Until you have a semi pro setup where you are able to keep things from stunting then counting weeks is a waste of time. I still don't count weeks. I monitor that but I grow the plants based on what they tell me. They are talking to you. You want to learn to speak cannabis. You will want to bloom them 2 weeks beyond when you think they are done which is like 4 weeks beyond when you first think they are done.

You have to have ideal conditions to be on standard life cycles. Since you don't have that it will be slower and reduced yields...that is just how things work, no knock on you. They look great for an experimental first grow.

For your soil there is a lot to learn. First thing though is you want water to run through. I don't use it anymore but one very popular brand Advanced Nutrients will tell you that you must have not less than 15% run off when you water. When you water you want to soak it and then discard the run off and wait until the leaves show signs of lack of watering before watering again. Your plants are so small on such little light that could easily be more than a week between watering.

When you repot consider a 5 gallon pot. rule of thumb is a gallon per month. I like to have more space than needed but if you are re-vegging and then blooming that could easily be 5 months so maybe even 7 gallons...but again with those lights you aren't growing very fast so 5 is probably good.

Soils themselves there are a million good blends. I use different things for different purposes. For you try a mix of 1/3 perlite. 1/3 good soil like promix (the actual soil not the peat moss) or happy farms, 1/6 steer manure ($2.50 a bag at home depot), 1/6 coco fiber. With that you probably wont need to add nutes through your reveg just water once a week.

:goodluck:

I'm thinking about switching to coco and setting up hydro.but I dnt drench them I pour a lil then wait and again until they start draining only 15% runoff like you said villageidioit but I always check ph with the first drops of the runoff and seems to be correct. The soil problem I'm talking about I have read some post about it on here too but as you water the soil breaks down to finer soil almost like sand each time you water.for the little lights they are doing fine to me but could do better I added a custom hood to amp lums I made it with a 12 pack box and some mylar and works pretty good. I wanna say I only spent light 15 to 20$ for everything in my setup

Back
Top Bottom