Flowering

Alen206

This are my plants in flowering stage since October 9th , are they doing good or they are flowering slow?
420-magazine-mobile540051329.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1724395266.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1302846489.jpg
420-magazine-mobile335129638.jpg
420-magazine-mobile102382667.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2080878838.jpg
420-magazine-mobile449494810.jpg

This is why I moved away from led. Buds are ok but not what I was looking for. I want big fatties and the only way for me was MH.

I don't think it's fair to just say LED didn't work for me and MH did work for me, since even though you phrase it as just your experience, the implication is still that MH is somehow inherently superior to LED. You really have to give some measurements to make a fair comparison. I'm guessing your MH used more power than your LED lamps did.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, regardless of the source, it looks to me like Alen206 just needs more photons impinging on the chorophyll, y'know? ;)

I don't think it's fair to just say LED didn't work for me and MH did work for me, since even though you phrase it as just your experience, the implication is still that MH is somehow inherently superior to LED. You really have to give some measurements to make a fair comparison. I'm guessing your MH used more power than your LED lamps did.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, regardless of the source, it looks to me like Alen206 just needs more photons impinging on the chorophyll, y'know? ;)
Yes. In my experiences, I ran 3 300 watt leds along with a 900 and the results just were not there and yes they worked but for the wattage and results, it was not my cup of tea so to say. As for grams per watt, the MH was superior. But like I said, that's my experience. I actually got way better results with MH and this is why I switched. I figured if I'm going to pay for the power, I'm going to use it as best as I can and as efficiently as possible.

I'm not knocking it, just saying I had bad luck with them. .

Yes. In my experiences, I ran 3 300 watt leds along with a 900 and the results just were not there and yes they worked but for the wattage and results, it was not my cup of tea so to say. As for grams per watt, the MH was superior. But like I said, that's my experience. I actually got way better results with MH and this is why I switched. I figured if I'm going to pay for the power, I'm going to use it as best as I can and as efficiently as possible.

I'm not knocking it, just saying I had bad luck with them. .

So are you saying 3 LED lamps with LEDs rated for 300 watts but like most actually using only half that? Versus a 900 watt MH? I'm not quibbling or being argumentative; I'm shopping. ;)

Do you by any chance know how much actual power each lamp was using?

Not saying that I was just showing my results . Will be getting a bigger light soon but this is what I could afford at the time. And yes it's like half actual power.

So are you saying 3 LED lamps with LEDs rated for 300 watts but like most actually using only half that? Versus a 900 watt MH? I'm not quibbling or being argumentative; I'm shopping. ;)

Do you by any chance know how much actual power each lamp was using?
My 3 300's ran at 165 from the wall each and my 900 was 435 from the wall. I'm now running 1575 watts with my LEC's. Adding the extra 600 or so watts really did a number on my plants. Bud weights dang near tripled with the same strains.

As for power my electric bill only increased about 75 bucks.

My 3 300's ran at 165 from the wall each and my 900 was 435 from the wall. I'm now running 1575 watts with my LEC's. Adding the extra 600 or so watts really did a number on my plants. Bud weights dang near tripled with the same strains.

Thanks for the numbers! So that's about what I've been reading, that MH still has a slight edge over LED. I wonder if you really optimized the color selection exactly if the LED could equal/exceed. Having followed LED technology since back when they were tiny, expensive, dim, deep red lights when they first came on the scene in the 70s to today, I have no doubt that they will eventually win.

Yes, more light = more bud! :thumb:

Still waiting to hear from Alen206. ;)

They grow a lot in size and flower started but it's going slow I might get another light instead of led

any buds that do not fit your specifications can be sent to me, I'll even pay the freight to get them off your hands. The world sure is

a terrible place when you are forced to smoke small buds.

Thanks for the numbers! So that's about what I've been reading, that MH still has a slight edge over LED. I wonder if you really optimized the color selection exactly if the LED could equal/exceed. Having followed LED technology since back when they were tiny, expensive, dim, deep red lights when they first came on the scene in the 70s to today, I have no doubt that they will eventually win.

Yes, more light = more bud! :thumb:

Still waiting to hear from Alen206. ;)
You should check out the spectrum of Solis Tec lights. I don't have any but the rep I talked to showed me very interesting info. Freaking amazing. Great footprint also. They are a bit higher wattage but the full spectrum is there. Very nice lights imo.

I'm running sun systems LEC's. Great spectrum also. Excellent coverage and penetration. A bit spendy though.

I didn't know what an LEC was so I looked it up. It's a brand name for what is commonly known as ceramic discharge metal-halide (CDM) lamp, often referred to as Ceramic Metal Halide lamp. What's cool is that (according to Wikipedia) they are 10% to 20% more efficient than traditional metal halides (and they have better color rendering, if the color of the light it's getting is important to your plant). ;)

Here's a good Everest Fernandez YouTube video: YouTube

Back
Top Bottom