Fluffy Buds

Greensleeves420

Hello friends,

I am very interested to know, what factors, as growers, can we control, to promote the densest buds as final product?
I am very dissapointed with how fluffy the buds turned out on my last plant and I dont know if it was the strain, or if it was my growing / drying technique.

When I look at a bag full of it, it just looks like a bag full of shake, not a bag of nugs.

When I dig into it, its obviously buds but they are SUPER light and fluffy. Lots of resin though.

Northern Lights Autoflower.
400w HPS
DWC DUAL FUEL
5.8 ph
40% hum
68 - 78F
Dried at 70F 50% hum for 5 days hanging until half the branches were snapping at the nugs. Then bagged. And sweated one day at 80F.

Looking at all the parameters of your grow, I am going to say it wanted more light (best guess). So you could move light closer next time, buy an additional light, or buy a larger light, HPS/CMH/LED. Another thing I usually do is lollipop way high on the plant so I have no larfy popcorn nugs and all energy is focused on main colas.

If you make hash, press rosin, etc. you may want to keep that stuff, but I don’t so I remove it.

Depending on strain and what I’m going for I’ll do something like a single node flip (look up that + jungle boys) for my photo plants. You basically pull off everything except 1-2 nodes the day before you flip to flower.

Do u have pics of the plant at harvest and the buds now

My HPS grows had nice dense buds, and NL is a dense strain usually

Pics of the plant will help us help u

Hello friends,

I am very interested to know, what factors, as growers, can we control, to promote the densest buds as final product?
I am very dissapointed with how fluffy the buds turned out on my last plant and I dont know if it was the strain, or if it was my growing / drying technique.

When I look at a bag full of it, it just looks like a bag full of shake, not a bag of nugs.

When I dig into it, its obviously buds but they are SUPER light and fluffy. Lots of resin though.

400w HPS
DWC DUAL FUEL
5.8 ph
40% hum
68 - 78F
Dried at 70F 50% hum for 5 days hanging until half the branches were snapping at the nugs. Then bagged. And sweated one day at 80F.
20190509_231622.jpg20190510_170855.jpg20190512_145153.jpg20190514_122414.jpg20190514_102818.jpg

Genetics is probably it. So much goes into bud type. I know I have grown some pretty hard nugs under a 400 watt HPS. So the light can do the work in the right situation.

So much needs to be considered to get great buds. Take one thing out and the outcome can change. I know my last grow temperature had lots to do with production. Temps were never too high they were just on the cooler side. Plants grew great in the 55 to 75 degree temps they just didn't pack on the weight they would have with 70 to 80.

Great genetics are everything. A plant will never have rock hard buds if it does not have the genetic info to do it.

Hello friends,

400w HPS
DWC DUAL FUEL
5.8 ph
40% hum
68 - 78F
Ny suggestion is light closer and but/grow cindy99 or another fave of mine 24 carat by Memphisto Genetics. Rock harsmd nugs bro)! No bullshit

Hello friends,

400w HPS
DWC DUAL FUEL
5.8 ph
40% hum
68 - 78F
You didnt have enough light .Try a 1000 double ended gavita

Back
Top Bottom