Flush before harvest

Medicalissue

I am gonna chop down godzilla tonight. I have been giving in only water for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I was wondering if i should still do a flush few hours before harvest. I am using roots Organics Nutrient line.

I am gonna chop down godzilla tonight. I have been giving in only water for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I was wondering if i should still do a flush few hours before harvest. I am using roots Organics Nutrient line.

At this stage I would say your safe with just what you have done so far. I do not see where it would help much that close to the chopping block. 2 1/2 weeks of flushing should be more then sufficient.

Re: Flush before harvest?

I don't think it's necessary to flush if you have been giving straight water for 2.5 weeks.

Also, if you flush just before the chop, it will take your plants longer to dry.

Anyway, that is my 2c. You won't hurt the plant by flushing, so it is entirely up to you. If you feel there are still nutes in your medium, then go ahead and flush.

Only if you wanna dry the roots too :p. The point of flushing is that the plant takes only water from the soil at finish and there won't be any nutrients to alter the taste.

He has been giving straight water for 2.5 weeks. If he flushes before chopping as opposed to letting the plant dry out, the plant will definitely take up more water and then take longer to dry. It's not necessarily a bad thing, just something to consider.

Why would you think my answer meant I didn't understand what the benefits of removing the nutrients from the soil before harvest?

I apologise for the tone of my previous message. Just got back from the post office and 1hr wait in the queue, so was a little irritable

Oh well... at least I have my new seeds from Bonza. I should be grateful instead of irritable. LOL!

Now to figure out this contraption they come in.

Back
Top Bottom