Foliar spray

Only reason I could think to spray water would be if your plant gets all dusty, lol. Or if you're trying to knock mites off the plant before treating it with your weapon of choice - but I'd use the shower nozzle or kitchen sink sprayer for that.

Other than that, what are you trying to accomplish with your foliar spray? Quick uptake of a certain element that your plant is lacking? If so... When it appears to need it. I'm not really a fan of feeding something unless it is needed.

I spray my veg plants every single day. Part of my daily routine. Plain water.

My flower plants i am currently spraying for mite control. Irregularly

Cheers

@TorturedSoul ok thanks, I don't think they will be there long enough to get any dust on them, lol. @pontiacman thanks I will be steering clear of it if I can just curious to see if anyone does, if so with what. @nivek I have been spraying water on them in vege, daily they seem to respond really well and also helps me raise the humidity slightly. Thanks peeps.

Foliar spraying is a tool like so many others. For example flushing you soil or dumping your res.

You don't have to do it at all to have a great grow.

However under certain circumstances foliar feeding can make a huge difference.

It is a horticulture tool to be used when appropriate. It can be used inappropriately in ways that don't have a majorly bad impact and also in ways that are bad...just like most tools...like pruning.

Foliar spray and feed can be used for multiple purposes. If you are using just water it is doing something very different than if you have "stuff" in it.

The 2 most common uses of foliar spray that are used in canabis are in helping new clones reverse transpire... or in spraying insecticides.

Feeding like many due in other plants is not helpful in canabis. It helps...but you should be doing other things so aggressively th as t feeding from there wont help.

The third common use in cannabis is to quick treat nute defficiancy...and that simply is not meaningfully effective IMO. Not worth it. I don't band aid problems I fix em.

It helps with humidity issues in dry rooms.

There are many products you could waste money on. For cannabis you dont need to feed through the leaves.

Other than that...Meh. I did it a lot when I was a new grower...don't waste my time now. Doesn't help a healthy plant at all and must slow the growth of roots.

Only to be used really to fix problems.

I only spray my rootless clones.

Good luck!

I don't usually comment, however Kelp spray is a vital part of my regime.

As always, there are many valid approaches in gardening.

My outdoor crop gets sprayed weekly during veg with home-made Kelp solution (as do my tomatoes).

Kelp is full of micro nutrients as well as hormones, in a fully chelated (immediately available) form. The algae is also full of carbohydrates, which plants use as a building block. The micro nutrients in turn help the plant take up the macro nutrients (N,P,K).

There are a number of scientific papers available on-line.

I'm a big fan, and for me with my home-made soil mix, the results speak for themselves. ;)

This September, under the pergola, in the middle of green no-where:

@VilliageIdiot ok great, thanks for taking the time to respond. My main use was on my clones and to get the humidity up a little in which it did a great job. I was also curious to see other purposes/applications. Can I ask, with your clones what PH do you use and do you use any nutrients after cutting? Do you use cups, Rockwool?

Outdoor is where it is at for foliar spray feeding. It is a tool that has great applications and other places Meh.

What often is forgotten is an indoor grow is 4 months. An outdoor can be 8...I planted in February before outside. Some...most start indoors and transplant large ones in the spring for a good start.

Plants that get huge have more needs than a plant running 4 months in an oversized container.

The real deal is this is another thing that is heavily used in other plants that is commonly used in cannabis.

But cannabis is super hearty and drought tolerant and...basically a supper plant compared to most. It is wind tolerant as well. Very strong design...it helps to mildly stress it for growth.

Anywho...you asked about pH...for a mild mist it isn't a big deal. If you are making a solution and drowning them then sure do it. My freind called me up to diagnose a problem from a foliar spray because it got in the soil. He way over did the spray and had the mix wrong too...caused complete lockout. So it helps when over doing it to be pH correctly...

I try to keep a very humid grow space so after they make it in there it won't help my plants much. It can but is a lot of effort in my case for minimal gain...as I ussually have an indoor situation I control.

I don't use rockwool for a number of reasons. I prefer peat plugs...easier and much better on the environment. Rockwool is all hype. It works but requires extra steps. Or you you use peat plugs and skip that stuff and make it easy on yourself.

There are many other ways.

When I was growing big time clonning fast. I would skip it entirely. Cubes and peat plugs take too long and are less reliable and take extra work and money.

The best way to clone is to use a cloner or my DIY method.

You go get an oil drip pan from the automotive store and an air pump from the peststoore for a small fish tank. And then small styrofoam plates.

You can put 4 clones in each plate and 3 plates in a pan.

Dump the water daily and bubble them in sort of a 2 inch DWC. In a short time roots come out of all over. You plant the clone directly in soil without any plugs or rockwool or that hormone. Works like a charm unless you dont dump the water. I didn't think about using peroxide at the time I was doing this...probably would help a lot when you forget to dump the water.

Good luck...misting lightly is fine to use good tap water.

I don't usually comment, however Kelp spray is a vital part of my regime.

As always, there are many valid approaches in gardening.

My outdoor crop gets sprayed weekly during veg with home-made Kelp solution (as do my tomatoes).

Kelp is full of micro nutrients as well as hormones, in a fully chelated (immediately available) form. The algae is also full of carbohydrates, which plants use as a building block. The micro nutrients in turn help the plant take up the macro nutrients (N,P,K).

There are a number of scientific papers available on-line.

I'm a big fan, and for me with my home-made soil mix, the results speak for themselves. ;)

This September, under the pergola, in the middle of green no-where:

Damn teddy well done great read buddy

Back
Top Bottom