Foliar spraying of nitrogen - carcinogenic?

SAMtheAPman

So I was searching for foliar spraying information...

If you search for "foliar", this comes up:

Not all organic fertilizers are safe. Do not spray marijuana plants with fish emulsion—virtually all liquid foliar fertilizers, including fish emulsion, contain nitrates. Leaves of cannabis convert nitrates into carcinogenic N-nitrosamines.

I hadn't come across this information before and can't seem to find anything to back it up. My fish emulsion has a foliar spraying dilution ration (but it isn't a specific cannabis fertilizer).

I know that many people recommend foliar spraying during veg so I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts.

Mmm good point !

But then again nutrients or fert's are NOT MJ orientated but cover a larger range of plants & their application method which most are not off a smokable nature... ?

How ever in veg foliar feeding should not be a problem as we do not smoke the fan leafs, it may mean other forms of ingestion are questionable ?

Ye growing is not a science, it is reasonable easy but other aspects are at question when concerning health & the correct principles to use with out back up (scientific knowledge)

Ok, so the link has been removed from my original post by admin but if you google "foliar spray marijuana carcinogenic" it will come up on the first page.

NerdRage: too new at this to give you a good answer, haven't started flowering yet. I'll be using organic fertilizers that contain decent phosphorus (I have a rock mineral and guano that I'm planning on using).

Back
Top Bottom