For Anyone Who Is Following Along

is it a fem seed?
you know fem seeds aren't 100% female
is it a regular seed?
sounds like you got balls man sorry to hear if its true

Its just a seed I found in a bag, I hardly ever get seeds but its good good stuff so when I do I keep them and try to mark them but I don't know what this one is. Have you ever grown a male just for more seeds? I have been trying to decide if I want to waste the time or not. I kinda want to just to see how it goes and because I know if I can get one to be fem it will be worth it.

I grew out a male gdp for pollen but I tried to keep it in a separate spot
actually had it in a box so the pollen didn't spread

Alrighty I tried to upload a new photo. But my phone wont let me. What I thought was my plants "balls" is seeming to actually just be more branches coming out. At least that's what I think, the nub that was there two days ago turned into a ball shape yesterday and today it has leaves today and is no longer a ball shape. I guess I've just never caught it making the branches this early in their development, and I didn't know it would get branches off of branches. Anyway all is well with it and its getting bigger everyday. I'll keep trying to post new pics tonight and tomorrow.

do not panic yet that thing could still pop out some hairs
its really hard to tell at first
also maybe you could move back a few inches with the cam it was blurry and hard for me to see

do not panic yet that thing could still pop out some hairs
its really hard to tell at first
also maybe you could move back a few inches with the cam it was blurry and hard for me to see

That little nub is now a fully formed branch, I just checked on it a minute ago and it already has one full leaf and is working on opening the second now. My phone has a bad camera so unless its a picture of the full plant or something i don't think its going to get better. I had totally given up hope for a minute on getting a girl but now Im all better. I was actually going to kill it this weekend but it will live another week.

I gotta say its kinda amazing watching this thing grow. I am growing some thyme and oregano in the same grow box and they don't grow anywhere near as fast as this thing does. I did try topping my thyme plants to see if they would split into two or more also and it works for them also, and growing the cooking herbs in the same box helps with the smell.

Last but not least Thank you admin for helping with my problem with the uploads!

you actually have to start a grow journal man
top tab grow room and select grow journals and start your thread there

edit

don't forget to put the link in your sig so we can find it easy and follow

First off I would like to start with a Thanks to the Admin who moved this thread to grow journals and Cronichemphog for all your help in this! Im going to try to get some new photos up tonight, I just got home and checked on it and its looking great! I did have a new question today that I tried to find the answer to but was unsuccessful. I have read the thread nutes and how to use them but I what I dont know is... Do I need to mix a gallon or fresh phed water to water with most of the time and a second jug with my water/nute mix to use only once a week or do I just use the nute mixed water everyday. Right now I am only doing it once a week and I feel like my plant is small for my time frame. Again I'll try to get a new picture up tonight, I looked back at my calendar and its officially 6 and a half weeks old. Oh also is it okay to trim a few leaves off of it, since I've bent the stem around so much the lower leaves are covering up some of the new branches that are trying to develop but they cant because the light cant get in to them.

some people believe you have to ph the plain water to water your plants some people don't
because of upsetting the natural balance of the ph in the soil
im sure a good soil guy will chime in
I haven't really done the soil thing since I was 16
I do use some for my mothers and some clones that I didn't want to toss out after I rooted it so I stuck it in soil just to let em grow instead of throwing them out
I would take the least amount of leaves off as possible only what you really need to if its touching bud sites or completely covering bud sites
some people swear by heavy defoliation on day 21 and day 56 of flower
lotta different ways to skin a cat you need to find out what works for you
real heavy defol may slow plant growth a bit from shock
plants need leaves for photosynthesis so if you cut too much off the plants just gonna want to replace it

oh yea as for me I give nutes on 2 watering then I use plain water
I use tap water out of the faucet but the water is pretty good here
make sure the pot is dry before you water especially indoors as itll take longer to dry out dependent on what kinda light/heat you got in there

Alright here are some new photos. First one is from today, just a few minutes ago actually, the second is of my second plant. I don't know what the strains are but I know its good stuff. I know some people can tell by the amount of foliage if its a sativa or not, but I cant. The second plant is only a few days old now, I tried to start on in the cam cup a week or so ago but I didn't pay attention to it like I should have and it died so I started a new one.

IMG_20131212_200720.jpg
IMG_20131212_200803.jpg

Im going to go a head and cut a few of the lower leaves off. They are completely covering the bud sites on the lower half and the branches that are trying to come out down there are growing way slower than the branches that are out in the open.

I wasn't doing any ph stuff at all for a while but then I bought a tester and the water here sucks its way off the chart so I started fixing the water and its helping. I guess I should start giving it nutes twice a week instead of just once and see what happens, im watering it everyday now And I fill the tray underneath with water as well to help boost the humidity. With the fan I have on it the dirt drys out pretty fast.

Damn, I went ahead and did it, I cut about 15 or so leaves off it and I think it looks like it will bet better light inside the core of my bends where the branches are under developed. It was kinda bad I think, the leaves that were in the middle of the plant were misshapen and a lot smaller than the outer leaves.

Here's some pics

IMG_20131212_205210.jpg
IMG_20131212_205710.jpg
IMG_20131212_205806.jpg

Back
Top Bottom