Fruit flies?

Santurro99

Over the past couple of days i have noticed that little flies that look like fruit flies have seemed to taken over my room. Is there a good safe way to get rid of these little buggers?

plants are 4 weeks old in fox farm soil.
room is not air tight
have two small non oscillating fans
room has good ventilation but is located in the basement
no inline fan at the moment
temp is around 80F-76F
humidity 50%

Are you sure they are fruit flies? I would hang some fly paper to start. Make sure all food, water, and soda have lids or are disposed of.

Have a look here, too. Check out the section on Fungus Gnats Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Thanks for the info, great stuff. They just look like fruit flies but i have been working on getting my room as air tight as possible, and have an good fan blowing on them when the room is open. Ill see if that helps. My room is not big enough for a 12'' oscillating fan, i think it would be too much for the plants. Instead i have 2 6'' non oscillating fans...one to keep my light cool and the other to bring air in. Im working on getting a inline to help get some air out. Room is about 4ftx3ftx5ft. Thanks again Fox for the help.

Very unlikely to be fruit flies. Most often its Fungus Gnats, White Flies or Thrips. There are different ways to deal with each. Identify the bugs and act accordingly. These forums and Google are your friends.

Could be gnats or white flies. They look like little misquotes, white legs and black or brown body. They seem to keep near the soil and under the leaves. Any home remedies known to get rid off?

Cool thanks a bunch for the info!

No prob. I'm torn between going nuts with all the Kush seeds and cropping a couple of pounds just before Xmas. Or getting some AK-47 autoflower seeds and getting ready for next summer. Ten good seeds and I'll have thousands by March. Tons of places to plant autos around here and forget a few little lots so they become the dominant WEED around here.

Overgrow the Establishment! Don't trust anyone under 50!

Damn! I gotta get out more often.

No prob. I'm torn between going nuts with all the Kush seeds and cropping a couple of pounds just before Xmas. Or getting some AK-47 autoflower seeds and getting ready for next summer. Ten good seeds and I'll have thousands by March. Tons of places to plant autos around here and forget a few little lots so they become the dominant WEED around here.

Overgrow the Establishment! Don't trust anyone under 50!

Damn! I gotta get out more often.
Well I'm under 50, but I'd prefer to think I'm on the ball than ignorant due to age...
That being said, have you noticed how theres no food plants scattered around?
I also use public spaces to grow things but I do it more for free good unprocessed foods just coming out of the ground.
I attempted to scatter auto cannabis plants around but the weather in the uk wasn't conducive to a good yield and I ended up removing the main branches and leaving the rest.

I'd be interested in setting up a renewable process by planting males and females next to each other plant and forget until sept/oct technique.

are you aware of any hardy plants that would be content cycling in rubbish weather 3 out of 5 yrs?

Howdy put up a sticky traps to determine what they are and the approach as necessary I use rove beetle's and neamatodes for fungus gnat and stick traps for adults also it helps to cover container with wood chips and don't keep to wet and keep yoiarea clean that's the most important thing pick up dead leaves and such.
But it's the larvae of the fungus gnat that does the damage they feed on the feeder roots in the top 2 or 3" of the soil ay all's the adults do is lay eggs about 200 at a time as a matter of fact. So just by killing adults doesn't take care of the problem you have to break the cycle them start a good IPM integrated pest management system to keep pest pressure to a min 👍✌️

Green lace wing. An AWESOME green house or outdoor predator
IMG_20230725_075532.jpg

IMG_20230629_134409.jpg
Heres another one for greenhouses or outdoor. You can purchase both
Parasitic wasps that I accidentally got they were in my Mason bees house instead of bee's ,that's the bag I put the paper tubes in that have the ends filled with mudd for the larva and then they hatch and I put them back outside I got my bee house out to late this year. It's kinda counter productive for the bees because these wasps actually eat bee larvae that's why I put them in a perferrated sack in the garage until they hatch so if they are bee larvae the wasps won't get them. Gotta do whatever we can to help nature Mother nature is SCREAMING at us for help!!!✌️✌️✌️

IMG_20230629_134807.jpg

Back
Top Bottom