Gavita 6/750e pro set up

Pistol03

Hi guys. It’s my first time using a Gavita and not sure how high I’m meant to have it hanging. At the minute I have it pretty much at the top of my tent which I’m sure is 2m high. I usually use just a 600w dimmable ballast with a diamond shade and use to have that about a foot above the plants..
with the Gavita I using now I have it on 600w to keep the temps at 80f.
I could maybe go 750w but not sure if that’s to much. Anyone with experience with these lights with any info would be much appreciated.
The light is higher now than in the picture as read that it should be 4 ft above?

May think about moving the driver outside of the tent if heat can be an issue

Can u vent thru that hood?
When you driver, is that the ballast? Lol.. I can’t detach the lamp from the ballast as it’s all connected up.. I’m making one of them home made air cons using a cool box so hopefully that should bring it down a few degrees. I’m venting using a 5” fan with a 4” putting fresh air in. At the minute though I have the 4” blowing air in from the top. I no I should have it at the bottom but my set up is complicated and to reach a window I only have enough hose to reach if I hang it from the top.

Running your fresh air intake form the bottom would be best, so I'd get some more ducting when u can

You may try a tall stand up fan, mounted left to right blowing on the hood and balast to help cool it, like in my pic here

Running your fresh air intake form the bottom would be best, so I'd get some more ducting when u can

You may try a tall stand up fan, mounted left to right blowing on the hood and balast to help cool it, like in my pic here
That looks an ace set up! Il try blowing over the bulb with a fan. It says not do it incase the gasses in the lamp don’t burn properly but that’s probably not going to do much damage I wouldn’t think? Maybe just replace my lamp a bit earlier.

No clue on that

Then you have smell issues, if its an issue, and the entire room being the same Temp and RH, again, if thats an issue
Yeh when it’s budding it stinks lol. I had the neighbor tell me last time he could smell it but I had a cheap carbon filter. Il just stick to the tent still i reckon.

I've wanted to venture to coco some time but I only grow hydroponicly with very nice results. But if I hade your setup omg now in day dreaming at work wtf lol :p

I have a few video pasted on my grow check out those autos they are massively Now if I could do coco autos I would b living my dream lol

If I got a slightly bigger tent, would that help with heat or would it still build up to the same temps as the one Iv got?

Any bigger area would help lower the temperature or a bigger exhaust vent with cooler intake air temperature.
I might go for a slightly bigger tent. I’m limited for space but could go slightly bigger. I just have it in a spare room. Was thinking of just using the whole room but worried about the smell.

If I got a slightly bigger tent, would that help with heat or would it still build up to the same temps as the one Iv got?

The Mammoth G1 tent is made specifically for the Gavita Pro 1000DE with their 110 SR reflector. It gives over 800 PPFD with over 85% uniformity (95% a few inches inside of the wall). I've been chatting with Gavita and the ideal tent size for the 750 is around 3' x 5'.

This is the way I think I'm going. Managing temps and rH should be fine with a 5000 Btu window A/C and a small exhaust fan; which all fits on one 120V/15A circuit. The 1000W should be at 31.5" from the canopy. The 750 can be a few inches closer; see how your plants respond. hth

Back
Top Bottom