Germination advice?

I’d add a light on an 18-6 cylce now. It’s dark in the jiffy pods so that is good. When they break surface they will want light.

I’ve had real problems with the peat pucks. Roots are supposed to grow thru the fine mesh that holds it together. But I’ve done root autopsy on plants or seedlings that died and noticed that mine never grew roots thru the outer skin. I know others have used them successfully but in spite of loving the jiffy pots I’ve always encountered problems with them. So maybe right before you transplant cut the mesh off.

I’ve had real problems with the peat pucks. Roots are supposed to grow thru the fine mesh that holds it together. But I’ve done root autopsy on plants or seedlings that died and noticed that mine never grew roots thru the outer skin. I know others have used them successfully but in spite of loving the jiffy pots I’ve always encountered problems with them. So maybe right before you transplant cut the mesh off.
Yeah I was planning on cutting it off before I transplant them thanks for the advice

Paper towel in ziplock plastic bag at proper temp, as soon as I see a tap root plant in solo cup.
The plastic bag can now be used as a humidity dome until they break ground.

Yeah I was planning on cutting it off before I transplant them thanks for the advice

I always cut away netting, top and bottom, fluff the medium thoroughly before placing seed and put on a
seedling heating mat. I also put pellet in a cut down solo cup so when I have to hydrate, I go by weight, I just add
water to cup and let the pellet wick it up. Got one going now. Not for nothing, domes are for clones.

Attachments

• DSCN3395 (2).JPG
    DSCN3395 (2).JPG
    977.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN3407.JPG
    DSCN3407.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN3408.JPG
    DSCN3408.JPG
    882.1 KB · Views: 30
  • DSCN3410.JPG
    DSCN3410.JPG