Getting Set Up Grow Tent For First Timer

cKent

Hello all,

after a few years of indecision, I've decided to take advantage of the new laws in Massachusetts and am taking the plunge in setting myself up with a grow tent for some homegrown action.

I'm just producing for myself and maybe the odd gift for a neighbor and so trying to find a relative price point.

I've done some research and had considered getting stealth box to get started, primarily because it seemed that all the set-up was done and so it would be a focus on the cultivation of the plants.

But in terms of value for money, I've decided on the following for the tent and initial lighting:

32x32x63 Inch Hydroponics Reflective Mylar Grow Tent
300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Panel
(Both Ordered but yet to arrive)

I'm figuring I could fit 2 x plants or 3 x at a squeeze into the tent and the lighting should just about do the trick for the size of tent & plant volume - But I would rather be set straight at this point before I get too far down the path and end up disappointed.

I'm a little stuck now when it comes to ventilation & air circulation. It seems I need an extraction fan and a carbon filter along with 1 or more internal fans for air circulation.

Can someone give me a bit of advice on how I calculate the filter size, number of fans and fan placement etc...
The grow tent has these vents, but I'm not clear of the relevance.

Vents Parameter:
Shape Size Quantity
Round 4" diameter 1
6" diameter 2
8" diameter 1
Rectangle 13-1/2" x 5-1/2" 1

Seeds etc... ordered and so I'm hoping to be able to kick start my first project any day now.

All tips or advice is well received!

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom