1ft diameter fans for seedlings?

kisshell

Hi Guys,
Here for some advice yet again.
I was using a small USB battery fan in my Tent but today got a 30 cm diameter oscillating fan.

My seedlings are just 6 and 4 days old.
I used it today and let the fan oscillate. My USB fan has a battery so it used to have a red or blue led light which I think would create issues in No light time.

Now the only issue is my Tent is small and even in the low settings, this fan might be too much for now?
I noticed the oldest plant had a second node poping but only has one-half of the leaf. Not sure if it was like that before i got the big fan. Is this fan overpowered for this stage?
And will the plant grow successfully if it loses one part of the 2nd node?

I have turned the fan on the other side for night time so thats why its placed like that in the pic

1.JPG

2.JPG

Light leaks are really only important in flower for photo period plants, so in veg the indicator lights shouldn't be much of an issue.

Whatever fan you have should just be creating a gentle swaying of the plants, not a big ruffling. So, even if the fan isn't pointed directly at the plants, it can still cause a messed up air flow in the tent if it's too much. Can you adjust the speed at all?

Some air movement is good to help build strong stalks and keep humidity issues and bugs at bay, but too much causes other issues.

Also, not sure the leaf issue is directly related to your fan. I've had funky leaf starts that turn out fine after the plant gets a little bigger.

blue spectrum is for Vegation growth and the Red spectrum is for flowering _ NOTHING is wrong -- Just let it grow and just use the "white fan" for starters and can even turn the fan off when you have dark times if you want - but for now you want a low stream of circulatied air. If you want to know the correct fan size . you need to fingure your CFM's of your grow space

Hey good morning they look good for a few days old....don't stress to much this is easier than alot make it out to be :). The little white fan should be perfect... actually I basically only use two small fans like the one you have.....that big fan may be over kill lol. But no worries you seem to be off to a good start.

Oh and for the lights on equipment just put some duck tape over it if your worried...from what I read and have been told here it doesn't produce enough light to cause issues....as if that was the case and they needed absolute dark....then every cannabis plant in the wild would go Hermie over the moons glow.....just something to consider.

Thanks guys for quick reply. I was doing fine with the small fans but saw lot of videos using only oscilating fan for the sway of the leaf so just bought these fans. I might just revert to the little fan then and cover the light . But this cheap usb fan has the small lights which can be seen from both back an front and thet don't oscillate.
I actually bought two big fans. Might have to return atleast one of them

you can let them get a touch bigger then use the regular white fan. i generally wait till the second set is established. you're not doing much to help them this tiny.

Back
Top Bottom