Gingerbud's First Indoor Grow: 315 CMH, Tent, Lemon Thai Kush, Blueberry & Sour Diesel

Seeing a lot of growth since switching over to 12/12. So far Lemon Thai has been the most promising strain, it's growing like a, well you know. Anyways here's a picture update.
IMG_20190128_191611.jpg

Looking healthy!
Only thing I see that I would do differently is that you really aren't using that scrog. If you want to make better use of it you need to be bending those plants over and tucking them under the scrog. Don't be shy to give them a good bend either. I gently massage my stems and squeeze them a little to make them a little more supple before I bend them over. Once you do that you will see all kinds of shoots start growing up from the stems.
Also it's good to have a distance of at least 12" between the top of your pots and the scrog net. This gives enough room to work and water. You might already be at a good enough distance. Some people even gap it as much as 24" but that all depends on how long you want to be vegging for.
Since you have already switched to 12/12 you will want to bend them over now or it will be too late and the scrog will be for nothing more than a little support for the branches once they are weighed down with bud. You don't want to be bending and training a flowering plant.
Regardless... you have a nice grow even if you don't bend them into the scrog you will still have a nice harvest.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm happy with the height of it. It's hard to tell from the pictures mostly because I haven't trimmed yet but there's some growth underneath I'm thinking/hoping will catch up.

I went a away for the weekend, longer than I would have liked but I back to a happy tent. Flower sites are a lot more obvious and I feel like they gained a few inches while I was away. I'm going to be adding flower nutes next feeding. I might trim up a bit as well, let some light in below.

IMG_20190204_192840_327.jpg

Started with flowering nutrients finally. I'm still hesitant to trim this early on, the flower sites underneath don't seem to be lacking so I'm just going to leave it for now. Maybe in a week. I feel like I'm getting to the exciting part where all my labour is finally coming to fruition. I'm hoping to harvest in 7 weeks but maybe I'm being optimistic.
IMG_20190208_011916.jpg
IMG_20190208_011627.jpg
IMG_20190207_205407_646.jpg
IMG_20190208_011610.jpg

Looks great! I would pluck most of those fan leaves off to open up more bud sites but you do it however you want. Everyone has their own methods.
Did you use a filter on that last photo? Looks unrealistically green... even the reflective sides look green. lol.

I'm working up the courage to clip them, it'll be soon. That picture was taken right as the light was booting up, it was at maybe half power there. I really liked how vivid it was haha.

This is probably the last picture before I give the crop a haircut. I've also acquired some seeds over the last month or so, just getting ready for the next crop and starting to think about a plant for this upcoming summer. I might do one more full crop before summer and switch to outdoor, and try out some. Auto flowers in the tent. I dunno, I'm so indecisive haha.

I know what you mean. I'm undecisive as well when it comes to growing in the summer. I think I will have heat issues so I might do an outdoor grow. I would love to plant a couple clones that I previously veg for a month or two indoors until it's warm enough to move them outside and then let those suckers go. It would be cool to see a big tall plant naturally growing oppose to indoors with height restrictions.

Hey Bud, just stopping in to visit your journal. Thanks for stopping by mine.
Plants are looking great btw. Nice and healthy. You don't want to trim too much in flower. Normally you do all your defol about a week before the flip, let her recover, then flip the switch to 12/12. At this point you want to tuck away any leaves that are blocking bud sites.
Greenlizard had some great advice with the scrog net. Those long ones you would have wanted to tuck in right away, The trick is the weaving in and out. Lifting the net doesn't stop the taller ones from growing. You could have also supercropped those long ones which would have helped with the tucking.
The scrog net should be filled about 75% then switch to flip.

Nice job!

Hey Bud, just stopping in to visit your journal. Thanks for stopping by mine.
Plants are looking great btw. Nice and healthy. You don't want to trim too much in flower. Normally you do all your defol about a week before the flip, let her recover, then flip the switch to 12/12. At this point you want to tuck away any leaves that are blocking bud sites.
Greenlizard had some great advice with the scrog net. Those long ones you would have wanted to tuck in right away, The trick is the weaving in and out. Lifting the net doesn't stop the taller ones from growing. You could have also supercropped those long ones which would have helped with the tucking.
The scrog net should be filled about 75% then switch to flip.

Nice job!

Thanks for having a look!

I thought I knew what I was doing but I understand what greenlizard was telling me now. I just tried to line up each branch through a hole haha. I'll tuck some leaves away tonight, I'm on Ontario grow time for flowering (7pm to 7 am).

Your tent is looking nice and full! Are you running into any space issues? For me 5 + a scrog in that space was a little unmanageable. Yours are looking a bit better than mine did though. Cheers!

Thanks Digby!

Yes it's very crowded, I really didn't think I'd end up with so foliage haha. I have my blueberry in a smaller container, I think that's what is keeping my situation from being overwhelming. I'm going to germinate seeds in the next couple weeks, I'm only planning for 4 this time for sure. I have the blueberry in the middle and is very annoying when it comes to watering.

Yes sir! I like the idea of the light being on while I'm at home and not while I'm out.

The girls are looking happy. Managed to move some leaves for light at the bottom but I think I waited too long. Regardless, I'm happy with the progress so far. I had some nutrient difficulty with blueberry but it seems to be cooperating now. A couple of the lemon Thais are huge, I think they're gonna be my prized plants. Sour diesel is silently doing well, nothing amazing but not lacking. Im enjoy the flowering stage indoors way more than out doors.

The gang

Lemon Thai

Blueberry

I forgot to take a picture of sour diesel, whoops

Attachments

• IMG_20190217_190343.jpg
    IMG_20190217_190343.jpg
    708.9 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom