Going All In With Quantum Boards

Plus the fact that 95% of the country cant grow outdoor for numerous reasons.

I literally shudder at the thought of it, first it's totally illegal here in my state which almost certainly will be the last tiny spot of land on the entire North American Continent from the north pole down to Central America that will still have illegal cannabis.
Second, the environment here is insane, wildly hot and humid in the summer, the full 7 plagues in biblical proportions, every bug and disease known to man is lurking right out my window.
No way in hell could I grow a single plant here even if it were legal, it would never make it to harvest.

Meanwhile indoor is a total pleasure, grows itself, I just sit back and watch.

I spend about $32 a month growing autoflowers and about an average of $23 a month for photo-periods.
Hey we must be neighbors. :rofl:

We have life!! I finished my day at work and went back home to see this little one poking its head out of the soil. The grow has officially started.
I added a makeshift humidity dome for the plants to help combat the 25% humidity at times but the buds I'm drying are starting the get crispy but the stems still wont snap, I'm thinking another day or 2 and most of it should be out of the tent then I can raise the humidity.
The makeshift humidity dome is just a ziploc bag rubber banded to the cup.

Still trying to get the hang of my quantum board's power I have it at 30 inches and around 80% power the plants seem to be doing alright but the Mint Mango seems to be a bit more light sensitive. Either way here's a quick little update on how they look.
I have a 240w qb, 24 inches at 80 watts for 10 day old girls, just dropped to 18 inches for the start of the 2nd week. I dropped instead of raising power to keep electricity costs lower while I can

Daily light intake. The girls can only handle so much total light for the day. Once they receive that amount they do not want to do any more photosynthesis.

I noticed when running my QBs at 60 percent on an 18/6 schedule my plants looked excellent in the morning. Praying to the light, everything perfect. 4 hours or more before the end of the day cycle the plants would point their leaves down. This would be normal activity if it were almost lights out but not 4 hours before hand. I reduced the light percentage down until the plants would pray for all 18 hours.

I run 4 x QB 132 3500k (300watts) in my 4x3. During veg plants don’t need much light. I have the light at two To three feet and turned down to around 30%. So the plants are getting a decent amount of light for 18 hours. When we go to flower and reduce the schedule to 12 hours of light the plants now need more light over less time. If you have been running your boards at high power it is not possible to give them this increased DLI unless you add more lighting.

TLDR. Turn down your an a lot. Raise it to 3 feet. Seedlings don’t need that amount of light. Begging plants don’t need as muchlight as flower but they have more hours to get it.

Daily light intake. The girls can only handle so much total light for the day. Once they receive that amount they do not want to do any more photosynthesis.

I noticed when running my QBs at 60 percent on an 18/6 schedule my plants looked excellent in the morning. Praying to the light, everything perfect. 4 hours or more before the end of the day cycle the plants would point their leaves down. This would be normal activity if it were almost lights out but not 4 hours before hand. I reduced the light percentage down until the plants would pray for all 18 hours.

I run 4 x QB 132 3500k (300watts) in my 4x3. During veg plants don’t need much light. I have the light at two To three feet and turned down to around 30%. So the plants are getting a decent amount of light for 18 hours. When we go to flower and reduce the schedule to 12 hours of light the plants now need more light over less time. If you have been running your boards at high power it is not possible to give them this increased DLI unless you add more lighting.

TLDR. Turn down your an a lot. Raise it to 3 feet. Seedlings don’t need that amount of light. Begging plants don’t need as muchlight as flower but they have more hours to get it.
That's some great information, thanks. I came here to help and got helped hahaha

I raised the light to 36 inches and turned down the light to 50% power which is as low as it can go. Hopefully they recover quick, one of the Mint Mango hasnt grown at all in the past 2 days but the rest actually seemed to still be coming along pretty well although I'm sure they could've had a bit better of a start. Thanks for the advice.

These four girls are under an hlg 100. It is about three feet about these plants. Just so you can see the results. That is a single quantum board. 65 watts 4000k. It has no dimmer.
D3D54AFC-5A47-43A4-8E5D-C8F6C82DC823.jpeg

Looks like things are cooking up I just got my second package from Neptune Seedbank and got some awesome freebies with my order. I ordered the Sundae Struedel, Pineapple Express and The Smoothie to grow alongside a buddy of mine a couple states over and got 3x B.S.E x ZOG and 3x Krumpet. I think Neptune has gotta be my favorite seedbank I've ordered from so far.

Having the lights at 36 inches and at 50% power really seemed to do the trick and the plants are doing much better. I did see what I think is maybe a calcium deficiency on the biggest of the Mint Mango but it seems to be growing well so I'm just gonna let it go until I get them all in one gallon pots and hope it doesnt get worse.

Back
Top Bottom