Filling up the screen
Sticky sweet smelly buds
Soon you will see
:yummy::ganjamon:

20190319_220554.jpg

IMG_20190319_204203.jpg

IMG_20190319_215246.jpg

I hate when they complain in flower...I feel so neglectful. :oops:

In her defense, I did neglect her. But in my defense, it was out of my control... my body insisted I sleep so I did.

I'll give her a flush in a day or two. I don't know if it would make any difference but I may move her to the tent when Jberry comes out.

Afternoon ms.Thunder going to follow your octopot closely now as hope ya don't mind I copied your pics minus the top up hole.
I dropped a BlackCream auto by sweetzeeds and waiting for her to make an appearance, I haven't filled the res yet as not sure when to do it, it holds 16lt and a 25lt bag on top which I watered with 5lt prior to planting...?

image.jpeg

as hope ya don't mind I copied your pics

Don't mind at all.... in fact that's why I share. And it's also how I got the idea (by following another's shared example) :high-five:

I haven't filled the res yet as not sure when to do it,

Here's what I do.... but that's not to say it's thee way to do it. ;)

Once the plant has established roots in a solo cup I transfer it to the SIP pot/bucket (using the inverted sand castle method. Since I'm in coco, I top feed daily at this point and sometimes twice a day. About a ltr per feeding. Once the roots reach the wick, top feeding stops. I generally do a res change at this point.... dumping out the top fed runoff. Then fill the res enough to reach the wick about halfway up.... set it and forget it :thumb:
No.... don't really forget it! I keep an eye on the res level and use a 60ml syringe to extract for stats.

It's a bit challenging at first to resist the urge to wet the top surface because it's so dry. But doing this will wash the salts back into the roots. No bueno!

I hope it works as good for you as it has for me!! Tag me so I can follow yours too.

I've got so much started I need to list it so I don't lose track.

Current closet residents are Auto Mazar, day 61; breeder estimate is 10-12 weeks. I'm calculating April 13-20 for a finish (though I know she's in charge of that)

LSD clone was cut Feb 15 so this is day 37. I think she'll move into the tent next weekend. Her breeder est is 8-9 weeks (I will start the count when pistils appear)

Mystery bagseed germinated approximately March 5 (day 19) so there's a few more weeks veg time.

Coming soon and already germinated....

Auto Chemdog
Blueberry auto
Dark Devil auto

If it gets to crowded one of these may have to flower in the tent. I need to look up breeder estimates, just as a ballpark guideline because I know they're often a bit ambitious.

Don't mind at all.... in fact that's why I share. And it's also how I got the idea (by following another's shared example) :high-five:

Here's what I do.... but that's not to say it's thee way to do it. ;)

Once the plant has established roots in a solo cup I transfer it to the SIP pot/bucket (using the inverted sand castle method. Since I'm in coco, I top feed daily at this point and sometimes twice a day. About a ltr per feeding. Once the roots reach the wick, top feeding stops. I generally do a res change at this point.... dumping out the top fed runoff. Then fill the res enough to reach the wick about halfway up.... set it and forget it :thumb:
No.... don't really forget it! I keep an eye on the res level and use a 60ml syringe to extract for stats.

It's a bit challenging at first to resist the urge to wet the top surface because it's so dry. But doing this will wash the salts back into the roots. No bueno!

I hope it works as good for you as it has for me!! Tag me so I can follow yours too.

Thank you kindly ms.Thunder and a wick...? I missed a wick, where did that go.... Will tag you on my journal... :snowboating:

a wick...? I missed a wick, where did that go

The wick (which is a netpot or container with holes) goes through the bottom of the pot into the top of the tote...

20190210_180031.jpg

Here you can see it in the res, before I covered the tote

20190210_175918.jpg

This one is a bucket but same concept. You can see how the wick (netpot) sticks out the bottom of the bucket and into the hole in the tote.

20181231_110412.jpg

The roots will grow out of the wick into the res. The wick is what makes it a hybrid system

IMG_20190316_210550.jpg

This diagram shows how it works.

SmartSelect_20181224-145800_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• 20190226_205639.jpg
    20190226_205639.jpg
    703.2 KB · Views: 18
The wick (which is a netpot or container with holes) goes through the bottom of the pot into the top of the tote...

20190210_180031.jpg

Here you can see it in the res, before I covered the tote

20190210_175918.jpg

This one is a bucket but same concept. You can see how the wick (netpot) sticks out the bottom of the bucket and into the hole in the tote.

20181231_110412.jpg

The roots will grow out of the wick into the res. The wick is what makes it a hybrid system

IMG_20190316_210550.jpg

This diagram shows how it works.

SmartSelect_20181224-145800_Chrome.jpg

:rofl:

I got the wick.. I thought there was a piece of wicking material from the pot up into the coco...haha
I'm on the right track ms.Thunder...:snowboating:

Back
Top Bottom