Good Soil Mixtures?

:welcome:

There is a range of soils out there to use. Do you have access to hydroponic shops or specialty type of nurseries?

Fox Farm has a full range of soil blends that work well. A good starter soil for seeds and clones is their Happy Frog soil. It's not heavy on the nutes so it won't burn the young ones. Ocean Forest is their nute rich soil that will feed for 3 weeks or so.
Roots Organic soil is another great choice for a nute rich mixture. I personally start with the Happy Frog, then transplant to the Roots Organic from there. I like the flavor I get when using Roots Organic so I stick with it.

With any soil you should mix in about 25% perlite to allow good drainage. A cup of dolomite lime per 1 cubic ft of soil will help balance your PH, and adds magnesium as well.

If you want to buy a bunch of different ingredients and mix it all up yourself, google subcools soil mix. He has a mix that is claimed to feed almost all the way through the grow cycle.

Hope this helps :peace:

My local hydro stores are ok product-wise, but honestly it seems like most of them don't know much. And even with a prescription, everything is a discussion about growing "tomatoes". I checked out Subcools mix. It says it's organic and has good reviews. Thanks for the advice

WW9

I have used Promox Organic mixed with MagikMoss and love it
ProMix.jpg

MagikMoss.jpg

Will be trying this next time
DrEarth_potofgold.png

Loaded them up with some minerals and a few other goodies and you'll be happy

Back
Top Bottom