Gorilla Zkittlez, Organic Super Soil LED

Crane

All hands on deck! Here I go for what is probably gonna be my last grow for a while. I'm moving places next spring and I gotta see what,if any, setup is possible in the new place.

I have three grows under my belt, all soil grows that have been more or less compromised at some point. I've had problems with pH, which has caused nutrient uptake problems and so on. Each grow has been better than the earlier ones though, and the last one yielded pretty nicely in the end, mostly I think thanks to the robust "Critical" genetics by RQS.

This grow is gonna be two Barney's Farm "Gorilla Zkittlez" fem seeds in one 15 gallon fabric container. The soil is a mix of homemade compost (kitchen scrap mostly,natural worm castings), pre-limed and fertilized organic peat moss, and some 20% of aeration (I'm not sure in what form yet). I've amended the soil mix with composted chicken manure, hardwood ash, blood meal, bone meal, bat guano, 10/2% cal/mag marble dust, nettle tea and liquid kelp meal. I aim for this to be an "only add water"- grow. I won't touch the water pH, it's what comes out of the tap: the nominal pH in the water report is over 8.0, but I've gotten readings of under 7.0 with my ph meter.

I grow in a closet where the max height for the plants is about 5 feet, so I'm gonna go for a scrog setup. My light is a Mars Hydro II Pro Cree 350W. I've been really happy with it during my last grow.

I dropped the seeds today on some wet coffee filter paper sitting in a plastic box on top of some wet tissue paper. I plan to drop the germinated seeds straight into the big final container. I'll post pics once they pop.

I have a good feeling about this one! :blunt:

Welcome @TinyBuds !

Here's the way I germinate seeds, as I described. I boil some water and wet the papers, then let them cool down before adding the seeds. The rootlets can't grab the coffee filter paper,so they don't get damaged when taken out
IMG_20190711_091721.jpg

And here's some pics of my soil mix: it's so nice and crumbly that I would like to taste it :p still missing the perlite.
IMG_20190711_094822__01.jpg
IMG_20190711_094845.jpg
IMG_20190711_094903.jpg

Hey,
nice one mate. Il defo pull a seat for this. Big fan of the organics. Looking forward to seeing your ladies flourish in that nutrient rich soil uve created, and I actually picked up 4 of those exact seeds from barney's famr last week for my next grow.
I've just started a journal myself today as well, my first one, if you feel like tagging along with me as well that would be awesome. Im currently cooking up my living soil mix and have added amendments. You obviously more experienced than me, so would like to hear what u think of my mix. If I'm missing anything or could add others. The kelp tea is something I defo wanna get to give my plants in between top dressings. Or is it better to add your teas along when adding top dressing?
I know uve stated ur just adding water, but for the amendments using the company recommends top dressing every 2 weeks, giving a outlined plan.
Just got a Mars myself, 6500 so really looking forward to seeing what she can do.

Hey,
nice one mate. Il defo pull a seat for this. Big fan of the organics. Looking forward to seeing your ladies flourish in that nutrient rich soil uve created, and I actually picked up 4 of those exact seeds from barney's famr last week for my next grow.
I've just started a journal myself today as well, my first one, if you feel like tagging along with me as well that would be awesome. Im currently cooking up my living soil mix and have added amendments. You obviously more experienced than me, so would like to hear what u think of my mix. If I'm missing anything or could add others. The kelp tea is something I defo wanna get to give my plants in between top dressings. Or is it better to add your teas along when adding top dressing?
I know uve stated ur just adding water, but for the amendments using the company recommends top dressing every 2 weeks, giving a outlined plan.
Just got a Mars myself, 6500 so really looking forward to seeing what she can do.
Hey @gazmufc hope you are having a good day my friend.
Unfortunately that member hasn't been around since 2019.
It should be in abandoned journals.
Top left corner has the date of the post.
Sorry. :Namaste:
Happy growing Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @gazmufc hope you are having a good day my friend.
Unfortunately that member hasn't been around since 2019.
It should be in abandoned journals.
Top left corner has the date of the post.
Sorry. :Namaste:
Happy growing Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill
Ahh OK dude.. I didn't even notice the date at the top 2019 lol
Thanks man...

Ahh OK dude.. I didn't even notice the date at the top 2019 lol
Thanks man...
It happens to all of us now and then. :rofl:
No big deal.

Stay safe
Bill

All hands on deck! Here I go for what is probably gonna be my last grow for a while. I'm moving places next spring and I gotta see what,if any, setup is possible in the new place.

I have three grows under my belt, all soil grows that have been more or less compromised at some point. I've had problems with pH, which has caused nutrient uptake problems and so on. Each grow has been better than the earlier ones though, and the last one yielded pretty nicely in the end, mostly I think thanks to the robust "Critical" genetics by RQS.

This grow is gonna be two Barney's Farm "Gorilla Zkittlez" fem seeds in one 15 gallon fabric container. The soil is a mix of homemade compost (kitchen scrap mostly,natural worm castings), pre-limed and fertilized organic peat moss, and some 20% of aeration (I'm not sure in what form yet). I've amended the soil mix with composted chicken manure, hardwood ash, blood meal, bone meal, bat guano, 10/2% cal/mag marble dust, nettle tea and liquid kelp meal. I aim for this to be an "only add water"- grow. I won't touch the water pH, it's what comes out of the tap: the nominal pH in the water report is over 8.0, but I've gotten readings of under 7.0 with my ph meter.

I grow in a closet where the max height for the plants is about 5 feet, so I'm gonna go for a scrog setup. My light is a Mars Hydro II Pro Cree 350W. I've been really happy with it during my last grow.

I dropped the seeds today on some wet coffee filter paper sitting in a plastic box on top of some wet tissue paper. I plan to drop the germinated seeds straight into the big final container. I'll post pics once they pop.

I have a good feeling about this one! :blunt:
Good luck!!!

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom